Cole Skuse

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Cole Skuse

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Midfielder Cole Skuse has signed a new contract which will keep him at Portman Road until the end of June 2020 with the club having an option for a further season.

The 31-year-old’s current terms were up in the summer, although with a similar option also having been included in that deal.

“I’m delighted to have got it done,” Skuse told iFollow Ipswich. “I’d be lying if I said I haven’t been thinking about it because I’ve got a family to look after. I’ve got kids at school and things like that. 

“I’m not one to be badgering the hierarchy at the club and the manager though. I have just got my head down and concentrated on my football and it’s that that reflects on a deal being done really.”

Looking further ahead, the Bristolian says he plans to get involved in youth coaching at Playford Road.

“Things can change in football but if I could finish my career here and then go down a different path of working at the club, maybe as a coach that would be great,” he added.

“I have spoken to Bryan Klug and he said they’d love for me to do some work with the academy. So if that is a route I go down, I’d love to do that here.”

Skuse has made 194 starts and one sub appearances for the Blues, scoring two goals, having signed on a free transfer from hometown club Bristol City in the summer of 2013.

Great news although a few won't agree.

Shed on tour

Re: Cole Skuse

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Mick next.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:21 pm

I think the academy stuff could be great news, he's a top bloke and top profesional, I'm surprised at his age it's more than a one year extension though, especially with the very probable new management in the summer, but if it's to keep him tied to the club as he makes the transition to coaching, then why not.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:40 pm

If MM stays he plays if MM goes to Barnsley hopefully a new manager won't play him every week.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:45 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:If MM stays he plays if MM goes to Barnsley hopefully a new manager won't play him every week.
A new manager will I'm sure at least try and play him, considering we've just gifted him two years of probably not unsubstantial wages and no team would want to buy him...

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:23 pm

Shed on tour wrote:Mick next.
:shock: :shock: I fooking hope not Shed, I couldn't put up with another 2 seasons of his management

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Midfielder Cole Skuse has signed a new contract which will keep him at Portman Road until the end of June 2020 with the club having an option for a further season.

The 31-year-old’s current terms were up in the summer, although with a similar option also having been included in that deal.

“I’m delighted to have got it done,” Skuse told iFollow Ipswich. “I’d be lying if I said I haven’t been thinking about it because I’ve got a family to look after. I’ve got kids at school and things like that. 

“I’m not one to be badgering the hierarchy at the club and the manager though. I have just got my head down and concentrated on my football and it’s that that reflects on a deal being done really.”

Looking further ahead, the Bristolian says he plans to get involved in youth coaching at Playford Road.

“Things can change in football but if I could finish my career here and then go down a different path of working at the club, maybe as a coach that would be great,” he added.

“I have spoken to Bryan Klug and he said they’d love for me to do some work with the academy. So if that is a route I go down, I’d love to do that here.”

Skuse has made 194 starts and one sub appearances for the Blues, scoring two goals, having signed on a free transfer from hometown club Bristol City in the summer of 2013.

Great news although a few won't agree.
:shock: :shock: Nah there's better at the club youth wise, Scuse is too fooking slow, might suit a loan out to Brizzle Rovers

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:33 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
:shock: :shock: I fooking hope not Shed, I couldn't put up with another 2 seasons of his management
Ash,
I might be completely wrong but just have this feeling that Mick will still be with us at the start of next season.

Ando

Post by Ando » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:51 pm

Skues is a victim of the tactics employed. we play so tight that when he receives the ball there is often no genuine outlet. Thus making him look poor, this also applies to other players within the squad.

As for Mick staying, if he does then ME must back him otherwise the club will continue to tread water. If there is no additional money then the club may as well employ someone else. Eat her way a change is need.

As the saying goes, if you continue to do the same you will get the same result

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:54 pm

Absolutely terrible news :cry:

And with MM staying (which he will) it means Skuse will continue to be un-droppable.

Seems the club's ambition is going in the same direction as Skuse's passing - sideways and backwards

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:48 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
ashfordblue wrote:
Ash,
I might be completely wrong but just have this feeling that Mick will still be with us at the start of next season.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's the home gates even lower if so :oops: :oops:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:31 pm

Cole Skuse doing a great job in the first 30 mins keeping James Maddison quiet today. Just hope he can maintain this for 90 mins.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:18 pm

Will cut no ice with some as Celina didn't get a game !!!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:45 pm

To be honest Mike had Town been losing 1-0 with 15-20 mins to play I’d have expected McCarthy to bring Celina on to try to rescue the game, but given how the game was finely balanced with Norwich in the ascendency I think he got it pretty much right cos when he used his final substitution I was happy to take a 0-0 draw.

The disappointment only came after we conceded that dreadful late equaliser, but I guess we all see things differently and that’s what makes a forum like this interesting.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:07 am

I too thought MM got everything right against Norwich.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:14 am

I agree about Skuse, I thought he had a very good game, especially first half. For me the only thing Skuse lacks is a bit of leadership in the middle, talking, shouting and generally directing others around him. But as a player I have no problems with him and I think we need him. Connolly was quite quiet so Skuse got through a lot of good work and put some brilliant challenges in.