Will Mick be here at the start of next season - Yes or No ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Will Mick McCarthy still be here at the start of next season ?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:21 am

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 32

charlton837

Re: Will Mick be here at the start of next season - Yes or No ?

Post by charlton837 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:31 pm

Shed on tour wrote:The club has fed us so much BS over recent years haven’t got a clue what will happen.
Then again those at the top probably haven’t either. Marcus is probably sitting in his hideaway flipping a coin, heads he stays, tails he goes.
Milne specifically mentioned a letter of intent etc. about some changes. If they haven't included Mick in these conversations he surely cant be the one in charge to lead those changes on the pitch. Also in his position you cant risk upsetting everyone, telling people to mind their own business and refusing to talk tactics, football is all about tactics, what other questions can you ask?

He just didn't strike me as a happy man, all this may also sway his mind that even if he was offered the new contract he may think all this isn't worth it, not only is he in a everlasting fight with fans, hes now being wound up by the press to the point he threatens to walk out, hes pissed off with the MD for making comments that in Micks mind he shouldn't, and he accuses the press/fans of trying to pick his team. Can you really get away with all this and still be in a job? I don't see how you can.

Lets face it if Brenner upsets you then you really must be on the edge as that guy hasn't asked a meaningful question in years, he just strokes MM's ego most of the time. All he said today was about Milnes comments and fans were asking, MM was the one that reacted to that. It was quite an awkward watch to be honest, I wasn't expecting it

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:47 pm

The guy is probably pissed off at getting asked the same f**king question day after day after dfay by morons, to be honest I am sticking up for him a bit, its bullshit, he's answered it so many times and we all know it won't be made public until the end of the season or maybe in a couple of weeks when season ticket news is revealed, just give it a break people FFS.

Add to that if that tw*t Milne has come out and said what he has said before anyone has told Mick that again is bang out of order, I reckon Mick is so pissed off at getting all this stick while evans by and alrge carries on his daily duties without a care in the world, most of the anger is being aimed in the wrong direction.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:22 pm

If MM is finally getting pissed off at the club's leadership, it will only be confirmation of what many of us have believed for years. ME hasn't a clue about running a football club!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Pretty sure if a reporter asked Neil Lennon to talk tactics in a presser; not only would the reporter be verbally abused, but headbutted also, so I say well done Mick on keeping calm on that one.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:39 pm

As far as I'm concerned MM deserves all the criticism he gets. He has always made out the he and ME work hand in glove and are very close. He would do well to remember that he is nothing more than a servant of the club and is perhaps not as highly regarded by ME as he makes out. All this bluster in recent months about his leaving when he decides, etc is rubbish. The owner makes the decisions, not our over-inflated manager.

Perhaps if MM had been less arrogant and more demeaning towards fans he might have more support, but as it is the sooner he is gone the better for all cconcerned.

ITFC needs and deserves a new managerial lead.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:09 pm

What do attending supporters think about Bersant Celina?

I read in various areas that Mick hasn't got a clue what he's doing and Celina should be in every starting line up.

But, last 6:
--------------
Burton draw, sh*t performance (Celina played)
Norwich draw and decent performance (Celina not used)
Cardiff defeat (Celina played)
Preston win (Celina not used)
Sheff Wed win (Celina not used)
Sheff Utd draw, and sh*t game (Celina played)

Bit of a pattern there.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:25 pm

Marko fans go in about Celina like he is a god and he isnt, he is a luxury player and at times a liability, i am glad you posted that as the other day I nearly started a thread on the same thing. Yes Celina has his moments but for me Carayol will be a much better option. I actually thought Celina was dross Saturday and has been on several occasions

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:34 pm

barmy billy wrote:As far as I'm concerned MM deserves all the criticism he gets. He has always made out the he and ME work hand in glove and are very close. He would do well to remember that he is nothing more than a servant of the club and is perhaps not as highly regarded by ME as he makes out. All this bluster in recent months about his leaving when he decides, etc is rubbish. The owner makes the decisions, not our over-inflated manager.

Perhaps if MM had been less arrogant and more demeaning towards fans he might have more support, but as it is the sooner he is gone the better for all cconcerned.

ITFC needs and deserves a new managerial lead.
The manager gets a good salary and is expected to do something of a commendable job out there. That he hasn't (for the most part), and that he is unlikely to, regards the future of the team, some would argue any criticism that goes his way is at least justified.

I see McCarthy as an individual that sees a group of naked centerfold models on a beach and first instinct is to visit the nearest drugstore for contraceptives and hope they'll be in place on return. Essentially the fans are the only ones being f*cked.

Hard to believe at times this is the same name that lead previous teams to promotion and qualification for a World Cup tournament.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:56 am

Bet you weren't expecting a reply like that ^^^^, Billy?

:shock: WTF?

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 am

something that has been lost in the Mick debate, but what is going on with Bart, why has this contract not been signed? Its nots Micks fault, more like the club but I don't like the feeling that something is wrong.

More to the point why announce he has agreed a new contract only to then not have it signed, and now Mick is saying he cant do anything about it and that now he got the call up perhaps it wont help in negotiations, what is there to be negotiated if all was agreed?

Chambers interview yesterday was telling, hes clearly not happy with a few things including how this club handles contracts and the pitch (which is a disgrace...)

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:26 am

marko69 wrote:Bet you weren't expecting a reply like that ^^^^, Billy?

Hmm. I would love to reply to St Jude but sadly I can't find a suitable analogy to match his/hers. As you say, WTF.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:31 am

charlton837 wrote:something that has been lost in the Mick debate, but what is going on with Bart, why has this contract not been signed? Its nots Micks fault, more like the club but I don't like the feeling that something is wrong.

More to the point why announce he has agreed a new contract only to then not have it signed, and now Mick is saying he cant do anything about it and that now he got the call up perhaps it wont help in negotiations, what is there to be negotiated if all was agreed?

Chambers interview yesterday was telling, hes clearly not happy with a few things including how this club handles contracts and the pitch (which is a disgrace...)
Whichever way you look at it things both on and off the pitch are going downhill at an alarming rate.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:56 am

barmy billy wrote:
charlton837 wrote:something that has been lost in the Mick debate, but what is going on with Bart, why has this contract not been signed? Its nots Micks fault, more like the club but I don't like the feeling that something is wrong.

Whichever way you look at it things both on and off the pitch are going downhill at an alarming rate.
Could well be there could be a growing division between the owner/Milne and MM/ senior players. Normally, MM and the players toe the party line.
I’ve got no problem with that if it ruffles ME’s feathers and forces him to get involved more. Whatever you think of MM, it’s not fair to let him be the scapegoat for everything.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:18 am

tangfastic wrote:Whatever you think of MM, it’s not fair to let him be the scapegoat for everything.
Not any budding Sherlock Holmes here or anything like that, but this is definitely the reason behind the recent moods and bitterness. (no sh*t Sherlock)

What's happened to GnB Wolfie? Wolfie get back here and post some pics & interviews of a "normal" and happier Mick McCarthy, (pre kick in the nutsac sacking)

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:24 pm

marko69 wrote:
tangfastic wrote:Whatever you think of MM, it’s not fair to let him be the scapegoat for everything.
Not any budding Sherlock Holmes here or anything like that, but this is definitely the reason behind the recent moods and bitterness. (no sh*t Sherlock)

What's happened to GnB Wolfie? Wolfie get back here and post some pics & interviews of a "normal" and happier Mick McCarthy, (pre kick in the nutsac sacking)
Wolfie's probably working overtime, so he can afford Premier League season tickets! :astroll:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:47 pm

True. But after last saturdays 4-1 (going on 7-1) humping from Villa, I'd say, "Finish early and go home, Wolfie!"

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:46 pm

barmy billy wrote:
marko69 wrote:Bet you weren't expecting a reply like that ^^^^, Billy?

Hmm. I would love to reply to St Jude but sadly I can't find a suitable analogy to match his/hers. As you say, WTF.
When the seagulls follow the trawler, its because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:20 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43541170 MM position to be clarified by the end of April.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:02 pm

I'm really hoping Steve McLaren is revealed as the new Ipswich Town boss on April 1st. Everyone will have a good chuckle,....... Say stuff like, "Hahaha, aw man, you really had me going there," whilst holding their chest like they'd just had a minor heart attack, ......

And then everyone can move on from that particular bollocks rumour.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:07 pm

Marcus Evans has today confirmed that Mick McCarthy's future will be clarified to supporters well in advance of the Early Bird deadline on season tickets (April 30th).

I guess that means we don’t have to wait all summer and will know pretty soon. Even more important if he leaves, who will the new boss be cos McLaren in my opinion would be even worse especially without any money.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:11 pm

It seems ever since MM has arrived, Town has solidly been mid table and not been in real threat of being relegated.

The problem is since MM has arrived, Town has solidly been mid table, save for one playoff appearance that I can remember.

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:30 am

Bluemike wrote:Marko fans go in about Celina like he is a god and he isnt, he is a luxury player and at times a liability, i am glad you posted that as the other day I nearly started a thread on the same thing. Yes Celina has his moments but for me Carayol will be a much better option. I actually thought Celina was dross Saturday and has been on several occasions
The stats do speak for themselves. However, should the team not be built around him ? Allowing him freedom to hurt the opposition. It will be interesting to see how he goes at his next club. There have been many opposition luxury players that have turned up to PR and tear us apart. Lua Lua for Brighton a couple of season ago springs to mind. The last flare player we owned Tommy Oar left after a few months because of the style of football. Sears ruined coz he is played out of position coz he can run a lot. I think we have another pattern developing?

I am not against MM as such, but these highlight some of the reasons certain sections of Fans are.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Is it just me, or is anyone else just plain bored with the MM in or out argument? I'm getting to where I can't even be bothered to read the forums or ITFC news anymore because nothing changes...and it's always the same old arguments regurgitated year after year. Won't it be nice to actually discuss a new topic for a change?

I was just reading about England's player ratings from the recent internationals...and to be honest, I've lost interest there as well. I waved my St Georges flag for so many years supporting England in the WC/EC until finally I gave up because we failed miserably so many times, year after year. My point is, it's hard to win back the apathy when nothing ever changes...and ITFC is definitely at dire straights as far as the future fan base is concerned.

I hope I wake up and realize this was just a nightmare. :roll:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:38 pm

Change WC/EC to “qualifiers”, and I’m with you, 100%! :D

In Big Eck we trust! :shock:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:15 pm

Well I don’t think the MM in/out debate will run much longer and I suspect the decision one way or another has already been made and it’s simply now about the timing of a statement release or finalisation of the terms and conditions of his replacements contract.

Maybe we should now be discussing who we think his replacement should be and see if any of us get it right.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:28 pm

With you all the way Number9 on both the MM farce and the sh*te that is England and International Football, utter garbage.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Bluemike wrote:With you all the way Number9 on both the MM farce and the sh*te that is England and International Football, utter garbage.
Maybe its been talked about for long is due to the fact that up untill a few months ago certain people in this forum backed MM and totally rubbished anyone elses point of view. Those same people have fianally caught up with the MM out point of view but now complaining that its being talked about :astroll:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:05 pm

That’s a bit of low blow, ITNO1. ........ in my opinion!!

It’s taken the actual duration of the season itself and the actual live games (both Home and away) to bring about a gradual change of opinion. Watching substitutions as and when they happen and in the heat of the moment, disagreeing with Mick MCCarthys decisions and tactics, and all happening as the season progresses. Wasn’t a case of catching up.

And no, I’m in no way at all defending anyone, (people on here are quite capable of defending themselves) ..... but from a selfish point of view; I value pre game posts, post game posts, and I’d hate certain members to become fed up and to stop doing that.

This isn’t meant to come across as argumentative and apologies if it has.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:30 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Bluemike wrote:With you all the way Number9 on both the MM farce and the sh*te that is England and International Football, utter garbage.
Maybe its been talked about for long is due to the fact that up untill a few months ago certain people in this forum backed MM and totally rubbished anyone elses point of view. Those same people have fianally caught up with the MM out point of view but now complaining that its being talked about :astroll:
Those that whinge, whine and moan about something from day one will quite obviously be right eventually. I prefer to give the right opinion at the nright time and it is only because of those perpetual moaners that I now feel we have no option but to dispense with a very good and astute manager. As Marko has rightly said my opinion is based on watching 40+ games this season not reading crap on social media or on the back of other peoples opinions without actually witnessing it for myself every week. Also "up until a few months ago" we were actually right in or around the top Six so to be anti MM then was in my opinion plain idiotic.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:55 pm

Bluemike wrote:
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Those that whinge, whine and moan about something from day one will quite obviously be right eventually. I prefer to give the right opinion at the nright time and it is only because of those perpetual moaners that I now feel we have no option but to dispense with a very good and astute manager. As Marko has rightly said my opinion is based on watching 40+ games this season not reading crap on social media or on the back of other peoples opinions without actually witnessing it for myself every week. Also "up until a few months ago" we were actually right in or around the top Six so to be anti MM then was in my opinion plain idiotic.

To be honest Mike I think the issue with McCarthy goes way beyond his ability as a manager which we will do well to improve on especially without financial backing from ME. For me the issue is more about him as a person, in particular his stubbornness and his lack of respect for the fans who contribute to his and his players salaries. This of course isn’t helped by the lack of visibility and silence of our owner which leaves the fans isolated from the club which many will have supported for the majority of their life. Those of us who want to see the back of McCarthy may still live to regret it if ME doesn’t find a more able manager to replace him with. Indeed tricky times may still be there in waiting.