Gary Roberts - Wigan

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Gary Roberts - Wigan

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:17 pm

I’ve just put the Wigan v Man City game on and had to take a second look when I saw our ex player Gary Roberts playing up fron for Wigan. I can’t believe he’s still going and looking threatening after all these years.

BLUEBLOOD

Re: Gary Roberts - Wigan

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 pm

Grigg 1-0 wigan Taxi for Roberts...... :lol:

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:55 pm

Paul Cook vice MM?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:18 pm

This is remarkable, you got to give plaudits and recognition for these recent achievements. Don't know what odds would have been available but thinking something between sky high and astronomical. Take the opportunity to wish every success in this years event, few outside of their own club set-up could have envisaged these successions of amazing feats and endurances.

Two clubs only separated by miles in terms of distance but have now reached such opposing stature and awareness, Wigan Athletic have overcome them three times in five years in the FA Cup competition including one Final of all things and a last eight appearance. Admire a team that takes the competition seriously, whether you're for it or against it, what they have accomplished in recent time deserves considerable recognition. As for Roberts, seem not to recall his time here. Must have gone about his business quiet or a team member that passed under the radar. Pleased for the player he's now involved in a club set-up that is able to challenge.
Last edited by arana peligrosa on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:02 am

Thought the same thing when I saw him.

I think he may have grown into his face as I'm sure he actually looks younger now!!

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:17 am

TODD66 wrote:Thought the same thing when I saw him.

I think he may have grown into his face as I'm sure he actually looks younger now!!
It’s the monkey glands - or Grecian 2000! But good to see him still cutting it with Wonderous Wigan.