Ipswich Town vs Cardiff City Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Going from Budgies to Bluebirds

Ipswich Win
25%
Cardiff Win
50%
Draw
25%

Total votes: 8

arana peligrosa

Re: Ipswich Town vs Cardiff City Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:09 pm

All I got is a loss and something of a ball to hand incident. Some ambiguity over how the team performed, other than that I accept any chance of a play-off opportunity would seem to be at an end.

The obligatory 'relevant names must leave the club issue' will be in full effect elsewhere but prepared to wait maybe longer to get a better understanding of what occurred there today. Some insist it was poor, we were ineffective etc. Nothing new is it (!)

That additional time goal at the weekend that prevented a great victory may have followed through into this game and motivation may have been at a minimum. Some taking issue with the starting XI, all said was disappointed to learn of this setback.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:52 pm

I thought we played ok for most of tonight. We have certainly played much worse. First half we had a bit of a threat about us after a sloppy start, game plan was clearly to break at speed when possible. It was much improved from burton game but that's not saying much!

Thought Cardiff were ordinary. Second half we lost our way a bit and rarely looked like breaking them down. Shocking goal to give away again really so after 33 games this season we are 1 place lower than last season

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:08 am

You thought we played ok ?? f*ck me I need to give this sh*t up then cus I thought it was absolutely dire

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:22 am

Bluemike wrote:You thought we played ok ?? f*ck me I need to give this sh*t up then cus I thought it was absolutely dire
Indeed

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:14 am

Charnwood wrote:
Bluemike wrote:One decent game Ward's had. It's a joke.

Must be 6000 in the ground atm

13205, this must be the lowest attendance for a long time. A very costly late goal at Carrow Road which probably knocked 2000 off tonight’s turn out.
Or they did what MM told them to do..............F*CK OFF!!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:59 am

Bluemike wrote:You thought we played ok ?? f*ck me I need to give this sh*t up then cus I thought it was absolutely dire
Fair enough, I just felt from a footballing point of view we played more than we had in some other games. Whilst Skuse and Hyam in the middle doesn't inspire much creativity I thought both had pretty decent games, especially first half. The front 3 were running at the Cardiff defence too, main problem is we seem to be in a habit where we play OK for 45 mins and then drop our standards.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a classic and ive seen us play better, I just thought it was a better performance than quite a few other matches at home ie. Burton, QPR, Sheff Utd etc. Id like to know the real attendance too as it didn't look to me like there was over 13,000 in the ground....

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:17 am

You are right it was better than some games, tbh my mindset is of a negative nature right now but I still thought that by and large it was garbage. It is one thing to be better than the opposition which we were as they are bloody useless, 2nd in the league ffs ???? But it is another thing to have played well which i don't believe we did, not seen the stats but how many attempts on target etc ? It cant have been hardly any. Agree regarding Skuse, best player by far last night.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:41 pm

BM I can see that you are in the depths right now :wink:

Actually I think the goal attempts were 11 for each last night which is fairly average. In the first half they had zero attempts on target out of 2 in total so we did prevent them.

I think that sometimes crap looking games like that are the way they are because we snuff them out. In this case we had 7 chances in the first half with 2 or 3 on target. This is nothing to write home about but does represent a good performance as Cardiff are in great form at the moment and the table doesn't lie.

Sometimes teams look crap because we are doing the dirty stuff well and making them look that way.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Just checked the stats and we had 2 on target all game, i also thought our passing for the most part was poor, our final ball often missed its target and our dead ball deliveries have to be the worst in the division when Waghorn is not taking them, Celina being played as a striker wasnt successful either as it took nigh on 70 minutes before he really came into it, Sears had one decent effort which hit a defender but aside from that the usual headless chicken crap from him. Defence stood firm and Skuse/Hyam did all the ugly stuff ok but if that all now constitutes us playing well then god help us.

And yes i am in the depths right now following the Norwich kick in the nuts and being unwell all bloody week is pissing me off. Hopefully the 10 hour round trip to Preston will reinvigorate me, PMSL.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:50 pm

Charnwood wrote:If Cardiff hold on for a win this will be their first league double over us since the 1946-47 season in the Third Division South, how poor is this ?
That's an incredibly depressing statistic, Charny! Please keep these sort of facts to yourself...you'll have Sir Bobby turning in his grave, mate! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:27 pm

I've got PMS post McGoldrick syndrome..... the guy injures himself training Holy crap I could understand if he put that much effort when playing and overstretched himself, but training.......... :roll:

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:47 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Hopefully that useless tosser will leave with Mick.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:30 pm

I guess Knudsen has only been here for a couple of seasons so perhaps doesn't know what it was like before. For my liking our players are too happy at being crap. It's way more than just league position, performances at times have been so uninspiring.