Poll . McCarthy in or out? Cast you votes via twtd poll

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Poll . McCarthy in or out? Cast you votes via twtd poll

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:46 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/424240/sho ... ontract/#0

It’s an official poll run by Phil Ham. Feel free to cast your vote guys

charlton837

Re: Poll . McCarthy in or out? Cast you votes via twtd poll

Post by charlton837 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:00 pm

think we all know what the poll will say. I don't think it will make much difference though. I very much doubt ME's decision will factor round a poll run online. I guess only way things will change is if there were real protests against the status quo. IMO that's not just a dig at MM, I mean the whole damn lot. ME's ownership, Milnes' lies, MM apparent power over the whole club.

Until this happens (and it would take some serious numbers) then I see nothing changing. I can imagine if MM is offered a new deal there will be some protests, but I can only see a couple of hundred mustering up the effort to do this and it would back up Micks' stance of it being just a few people wanting him out. I think deep down the majority know the problem we have runs far deeper than MM, we just want a fresh face to ignite some kind of fresh start. My biggest question is, and always has been, where is MM's professional pride and ambition? Surely to god he wants a fighting chance of achieving something meaningful, I honestly think he could do this at a new club so I don't see the great attraction for him to stay. He seems far too comfortable here

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:33 pm

Any poll is completely in vain I'm afraid to say.

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Pick your way carefully through MM’s comments during this morning’s pre-Preston briefing, and it becomes increasingly likely that MM will be going nowhere. He seems confident that he holds most of the aces, and his comments are part of a deliberate plan to get the likely outcome into our heads, prior to ST renewal time. Too devious or unlikely? Don’t think so.

The gamble ME will take is that sticking with him, within the existing business model, but with a largely injury-free squad at the start of next season, will ultimately see the current levels of supporter angst melt away - winning football matches being the magic bullet!

Deluded, out of touch with reality, Wednesday night’s half empty ground a scary glimpse of the future? Where’s Ian Milne when you need to him to speak with his boss, and deliver some unvarnished home truths.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:23 pm

charlton837 wrote:think we all know what the poll will say. I don't think it will make much difference though. I very much doubt ME's decision will factor round a poll run online. I guess only way things will change is if there were real protests against the status quo. IMO that's not just a dig at MM, I mean the whole damn lot. ME's ownership, Milnes' lies, MM apparent power over the whole club.

Until this happens (and it would take some serious numbers) then I see nothing changing. I can imagine if MM is offered a new deal there will be some protests, but I can only see a couple of hundred mustering up the effort to do this and it would back up Micks' stance of it being just a few people wanting him out. I think deep down the majority know the problem we have runs far deeper than MM, we just want a fresh face to ignite some kind of fresh start. My biggest question is, and always has been, where is MM's professional pride and ambition? Surely to god he wants a fighting chance of achieving something meaningful, I honestly think he could do this at a new club so I don't see the great attraction for him to stay. He seems far too comfortable here
Being at a club where his position is as safe as it could be anywhere is why he is comfortable and is the attraction to stay.
Let’s be honest how many clubs nowadays would keep a manager who last season was in charge of their worst league finish in over 50 years and went out to a non-league club in the FA Cup.
Also despite this idea that there are loads of clubs out there just waiting to have the opportunity to employ Mick I do have my doubts that is the case.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:43 pm

Any survey is ultimately irrelevant. Whatever the results say or whichever way you vote won't make a damn difference to aiding relevant names away from the club. Just for the record, would obviously vote in favor of McCarthy's departure. The FA Cup debacle with Lincoln City was the breaking point for me but lo and behold has remained in position over twelve months onwards to this point in time.

Doesn't McCarthy REALIZE he's not wanted by most of the fanbase and needs to vacate his position ? Any idea or rumor of a two year extension is a serious concern, add to that the under 23's had a significant loss last night and these kids are supposed to be the future of the team. Not looking good by any means, something HAS to change otherwise we're simply focused on year after year picking up a few standout results over a season, while struggling to improve on mid-league positions and zero hope of any cup game competition impact.

I'll get round to posting a vote on TWTD when time permits itself even though accept it's ultimately futile.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:10 pm

I think TWTD have set up the poll due to MM’s insistence that it is a “ minority “of fans that want him out.

This poll is perhaps aimed at substantiating or refruiting this . Of course th8s would be a poll amongst forum users only. Hence why I’ve posted it on here t9 widen the poll.

Yes it wont change anything. The ONLY person that can do that is Evans. If he wants to offer MM another 2 year deal, that’s down to him. But you hope that he would be aware (or he really is thick), that Town fans really have had enough of MM and his style of Football.

The gulf between the fans and the manager is far too wide to breach now. So if Evans is happy having an even more empty stadium next season, carry on as you are mate.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:19 pm

I noticed the EADT have done the same poll on Twitter. But again that would only reach Twitter uses.....

In any case it looked as though since being put up a couple of hours ago they have had about 1,200 votes, 75% saying they want MM to leave, 25% to stay

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:01 pm

And 95% of the 25% are Norwich City supporters.

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:51 pm

In the immortal words of Bob Dylan - ‘You don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows’.

But conduct as many polls and radio ‘phone-ins as you like, ME’s got his fingers in his ears singing la,la, la, la...... He’ll be doing it when PR’s echoes to the sound of silence.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:50 pm

marko69 wrote:And 95% of the 25% are Norwich City supporters.
THIS

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:51 pm

That's a superb picture you've painted there, Herforder. :lol:

Knock on Mevans (heavens) door: (to keep it all "Dylan")
Mevans: Come in
Milne: Excuse me Sir, there is unrest outside about McCarthys tenure and season tickets and all that.
Mevans: La la la la la la la la la la

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:27 pm

marko69 wrote:That's a superb picture you've painted there, Herforder. :lol:

Knock on Mevans (heavens) door: (to keep it all "Dylan")
Mevans: Come in
Milne: Excuse me Sir, there is unrest outside about McCarthys tenure and season tickets and all that.
Mevans: La la la la la la la la la la

Spot on buddy! :D

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:17 pm

Bluemike wrote:
marko69 wrote:And 95% of the 25% are Norwich City supporters.
THIS
Given the way peoples minds work it will in the main be the MM out camp that will even bother to choose which way to click on the poll, so all in all it will prove very little.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:27 pm

Again that is completely right.