P0STPONED

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

P0STPONED

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:01 pm

GAMES OFF TOMORROW. :cry:

arana peligrosa

Re: P0STPONED

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:18 pm

Goddamn it have only just submitted required information in the prediction league. Remember playing Leicester in a memorable match (at home) in recent years with weather just as "severe" as what they have now and the game still went ahead.

Yes TWTD confirms it, imagine if the game had gone ahead we would have been witness to a four figure attendance tomorrow, however the figures and numbers may - or may not have been - manipulated.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:29 pm

saint jude wrote:Goddamn it have only just submitted required information in the prediction league. Remember playing Leicester in a memorable match (at home) in recent years with weather just as "severe" as what they have now and the game still went ahead.

Yes TWTD confirms it, imagine if the game had gone ahead we would have been witness to a four figure attendance tomorrow, however the figures and numbers may - or may not have been - manipulated.
This is different to that Leicester game, that night the snow came down during the match and laid, it was OK before the match so I can understand why that went ahead, there may have been an argument it could have been abandoned though. At the moment the biggest problem is a huge amount of ice. It snowed on Tuesday and Wednesday and since then it has been below freezing the whole time (-3 to -5 much of the time) so now all that snow that fell on the paths have turned to ice, on top of that is just a bit of snow. I think it would be dangerous for some to walk around tomorrow, especially the older folk who may be a little unstable anyway. Add to that Hull fans who would be travelling here through some very bad roads its just not worth the risk, life is more important... I would have liked to have gone to the game but equally I think this is the correct decision, as the club have said the paramedics/ambulances would be better used in other areas around Suffolk/Norfolk rather than being at the football

The attendance would have been over 10k anyway as we have that many ST holders and they are always counted so it wouldn't have been any less.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:35 pm

Well I guess safety is paramount, you got travel hazards, and visiting fans would have had some difficult getting down the East coast for the event. Maybe just as well in a sense, could feasibly envisage another lackluster ineffective game had they gone ahead with it.

Disappointed there will be no game action all the same.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:35 pm

I do like reading your posts, Charlton. You remind me of J4CK22 who doesn't post as much these days. Very matter of fact, logical and to the point. Great stuff.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:58 am

Think the thaw has begun guys !

1 degree temperatures today apparently. Positively tropical .
Next problem on the news undoubtedly will be FLOODING ! I despair :astroll:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:03 pm

Just went on the Sky Sports App to check out all the postponed games prior to doing a wee accumulator bet....... Ipswich v Hull isn't even listed in the fixtures list! The postponed games and the surviving games all listed....... no ipswich though! Not important enough?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:10 pm

marko69 wrote:Just went on the Sky Sports App to check out all the postponed games prior to doing a wee accumulator bet....... Ipswich v Hull isn't even listed in the fixtures list! The postponed games and the surviving games all listed....... no ipswich though! Not important enough?
Marko
I noticed the same thing on the BBC Sport website and then found it under the new date of Tuesday week. Can only assume that was because the rearranged date was agreed yesterday and that’s why it was not shown under today’s fixtures as postponed.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:55 pm

Yes it's now rearranged for March 13, midweek action. Ironically they face Norwich City three days earlier.

There has been considerable thaw levels in the last 24 hours for many parts of the UK, seems usual routines could once again be underway.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:49 am

marko69 wrote:I do like reading your posts, Charlton. You remind me of J4CK22 who doesn't post as much these days. Very matter of fact, logical and to the point. Great stuff.
thanks Marko, not often anyone says I talk in a logical way! :mrgreen: