At Last EADT starts to get the ( Fans) point across

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

At Last EADT starts to get the ( Fans) point across

Post by hallamblue » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:13 am

Tangfastic

Re: At Last EADT starts to get the ( Fans) point across

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:48 am

I do think Stuart Watson has been writing pieces in the past that emphasises the dissatisfaction, but it’s gone up a level as he states MM has let the fans down by his approach.

In actual fact, form wise alone, we’re doing OK. A point against Sheff Utd is ok, but being so bloody negative at home when we have nothing to lose, beggars belief.

Mick’s post match comments says it all .... why should we be gung-ho and lose the match. You don’t have to be gung-ho - just be positive and focus on out-playing your opponents and get the crowd behind you. Why focus on not losing a match, when there’s 3 points up for grabs .... we’re hardly in a relegation dogfight. I genuinely believe we would have got a better reaction from the fans if we’d have picked an attacking side, gone for the win .... and lost.

charlton837

Re: At Last EADT starts to get the ( Fans) point across

Post by charlton837 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:54 am

tangfastic wrote:I do think Stuart Watson has been writing pieces in the past that emphasises the dissatisfaction, but it’s gone up a level as he states MM has let the fans down by his approach.

In actual fact, form wise alone, we’re doing OK. A point against Sheff Utd is ok, but being so bloody negative at home when we have nothing to lose, beggars belief.

Mick’s post match comments says it all .... why should we be gung-ho and lose the match. You don’t have to be gung-ho - just be positive and focus on out-playing your opponents and get the crowd behind you. Why focus on not losing a match, when there’s 3 points up for grabs .... we’re hardly in a relegation dogfight. I genuinely believe we would have got a better reaction from the fans if we’d have picked an attacking side, gone for the win .... and lost.
On this game I agree, for me it was sh*t or bust. To stand any chance whatsoever of getting top 6 (which was already incredibly unlikely) we had to get back to back wins as on paper these were 2 "winnable games". I can accept not quite being good enough to get the 6 points but I cant/wont accept us not even trying to because we were too worried about stopping them scoring. Football is about stopping the opposition, we all know that but sometimes you can do that by giving them something to worry about. As I said in another thread when Fulham beat them 3-0 in the week do you think they went into the match thinking "we must protect our goal to keep a clean sheet so we will just concentrate on stopping them", im sure they didn't, they attacked them, gave them something to worry about, scored 3 goals and coincidently kept a clean sheet too!

We may have attacked a lot more and made it open which could have seen us concede, but if we scored a couple we may still have got the points, clean sheets win you nothing in the end...