Interesting, if not a depressing read guys!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Interesting, if not a depressing read guys!

Post by hallamblue » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:08 am

arana peligrosa

Re: Interesting, if not a depressing read guys!

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:30 am

Thank you for bringing this publication to attention, was not aware up until now of it's existence.

Bottom line Marcus Evans is the root cause of how the club has fell behind during the last ten years. It's no coincidence every manager that has been in place during his ownership has invariably struggled to make any real impact or measures of success have been few and far between. People insist for the managers departure as they accept he's simply too incompetent to take the club further but more to the point, would be easier to remove from the club set-up than the owner himself.

Said before I don't believe he (Evans) has any idea of the true extent of the clubs problems as he's focused on other business enterprises to his name, while most likely views ITFC as something of a hobby. We could feasibly fall into League One within two years if it remains as it is and the owner (perhaps) wouldn't even realize what had occurred.

A new owner (and someone with a tangible care and interest in team affairs) is imperative. Ipswich Town Football Club both as a business and a team, cannot hope to compete so long as the individual is associated with the club name.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:21 am

Very depressing indeed to read.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:35 pm

With a publication calling themselves "Turnstile Blues", I was expecting a depressing read. Can't believe they've got to issue 16 and no one within the organisation has said, "Listen guys, one of you think of a new name while I go get my Seroxat from the chemist."

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:08 pm

I reckon you should apply for the editors job marko - sales would go through the roof !! :lol: