Season Ticket Renewals

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Season Ticket Renewals

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Word on the street £250 or thereabouts, bargain !!! :wink: Can see people going for it.

ashfordblue

Re: Season Ticket Renewals

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:36 pm

:roll: If that's so BM, someone's desperate to get the gates back up, as they are sinking quicker than the Titanic, But beware of Wolf in Sheep's clothing, there maybe a catch somewhere down the line, like same as this seasons performances :shock: and Manager MM still insitu, and no finances available, Loans and freebees only, if the fans have any sense, they will wait awhile to see what emerges, if there's no real changes to enhance the team to a promotion push, then even that low price wont be worth it, I have a feeling they wont drop the ST prices that low :? or maybe keep the owner ME in suspenders, just to see if he will drop the ST prices even lower :) very interesting times just around the corner

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:45 pm

To be honest Ash I don't think they will either, I would be sectioned if I posted every rumour I here, however this came form the same source who told me Tommy Smith was leaving before the story broke, he also told me pretty much what day Smith was departing these shores and but for a visa error it would have been correct, add to that he told me we were signing a Premier League CB to replace him and again this was before it hit the headlines, the only thing he got wrong was that he quoted Man City instead of Spurs which is of course where Carter-Vickers came from. Let's hope it is true though.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Well, if I lived near Ipswich, I'd be getting a season ticket regardless ....... but at that price, absolute no brainer. £10-80 a game plus privileges should ITFC score a FA Cup draw v Liverpool or Man Utd?

Think about it. You buy something and it's sh*t -----> "ah well, was only £10-80, fk it!" Ok, that times 23 might create some Turnstile Blues, but you just got to purchase, people.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:06 pm

If it happens Marko !!! Personally I reckon they will be frozen at best

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:24 pm

Well the way MM is gobbing off again today I wouldn’t be surprised if even the diehards that where there Tuesday start having second thoughts about S/T,s next season.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:36 pm

Well if they are offering that price ST for next season they will owe me some money, since I’ve already eady paid up front on a 3yr ST !!!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:12 pm

Can’t see him dropping to that extent but you never know. To be honest I think even if they were £250 it wouldn’t bring back that many lost fans, they left for reasons deeper than money. If he really wants people back I think it’s going to take a genuine and real attempt at selling us a vision and plan, not just a ST. For starters a new manager and fresh start.

Whilst at times I have felt Mick has taken some flak that should be aimed at ME I think today when he says he might stay just to annoy those giving it out to him shows the position we are in. If ME sides with Mick despite some of the things he has said and done then it will take a lot more than a £250 ST to get people back on side. I’m not sure I can take another season like the last 2, my love of the club has slowly started to drift because I feel my views (represented by the majority) mean very little. I said a little while ago i wouldn’t be totally against muck staying If other fundamental changes were made but it’s all gone too far. Our manager now jokes about staying to wind people up, is worrying about his brand more than our club. Tuesday was one of the saddest days I’ve had in my 17 seasons of owning my ticket

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:15 pm

He won't stay Charlton, not a chance in hell.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:37 pm

Your probably right. In a way I wish the manager was the only problem! I think a change in manager is a must then on top of that a brand new plan. I don't trust Evans but this is his one last chance to show fans he does care. I have my doubts we will be moving forward any time soon but I just want everyone together again

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:31 pm

I’m
With you on that Charlton, but as you say Evans is THE single biggest problem and in many ways McCarthy is the fall guy / but I can’t stand his brand of football anymore.

If Evans doesn’t do something positive for next season it might very well be my last one too, and I’ve been going for nearly 50 years now. A big wrench but sometimes you lose the love don’t you .

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:41 am

charlton837 wrote:I think a change in manager is a must then on top of that a brand new plan.
I do agree with most of the things being said....., but that part above? Do you think that's the order of how things should be carried out? New manager first THEN a brand new plan? I assume you mean a new plan from Mevans or a new owner?

I mean if there is genuine substance to the "rumours" that Micks sole reason for Tuesday nights line up was to "pi$$ the fans off", then yes, new boss, -----> regardless of owner.

I think we should all chip in some cash to get Number 9's a$$ over to Ipswich from Dallas and get a motherfucking protest started, y'all.
(I'm only guessing he might speak like that......., he's been there a while.)

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:14 am

I mean the two should come hand in hand. Evans won’t be going anywhere so I think the only way forward is for Evans to give us a new plan/vision and bring in a new manager who shares this vision. For my money I’d like us to try and make something out of our academy and have a brave manager who dares to give them a go (not 45 mins here and there or a regular place on bench)

I think there is some hope that in a few years half our team could be made up of academy lads, they just need the right experience next to them.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:44 am

charlton837 wrote:I mean the two should come hand in hand. Evans won’t be going anywhere so I think the only way forward is for Evans to give us a new plan/vision and bring in a new manager who shares this vision. For my money I’d like us to try and make something out of our academy and have a brave manager who dares to give them a go (not 45 mins here and there or a regular place on bench)

I think there is some hope that in a few years half our team could be made up of academy lads, they just need the right experience next to them.
Whilst I agree that for a club like us the academy is very important I think it might be a bit over optimistic to hope in a few years half our team could be made up of academy lads.
A lot of young lads don't make the step up from academy level when it comes to the first team and therefore we will still be reliant on funding from the owner to improve.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:08 am

Shed on tour wrote:
charlton837 wrote:I mean the two should come hand in hand. Evans won’t be going anywhere so I think the only way forward is for Evans to give us a new plan/vision and bring in a new manager who shares this vision. For my money I’d like us to try and make something out of our academy and have a brave manager who dares to give them a go (not 45 mins here and there or a regular place on bench)

Whilst I agree that for a club like us the academy is very important I think it might be a bit over optimistic to hope in a few years half our team could be made up of academy lads.
A lot of young lads don't make the step up from academy level when it comes to the first team and therefore we will still be reliant on funding from the owner to improve.
In our current situation I think it could be realistic;

Nydam
Downes
Morris
Kenlock
Emmanuel(?)
Woolfenden

Im not saying they will all make it but more now than ever we have some decent ones coming through, the reality is they need regular game time to improve. Im not even saying we will 100% make it with academy players, I do feel having this vision and having a manager clearly on board with it would at least give fans something to get behind again

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Only one of those I disagree with is Emmanuel, not good enough, the rest could well make it to first team regulars.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Bluemike wrote:Only one of those I disagree with is Emmanuel, not good enough, the rest could well make it to first team regulars.
Emanuell seems to be doing pretty well at the moment at Rotherham. They’re on a decent run and he seems to be a mainstay in their defence. He’s only 20 and since we’ve had a problem for years in nailing down that RB position, he could actually get more of a chance in that position next season. I wouldn’t say Iorfa or Spence are setting high standards regularly, so we shouldn’t rule him out just yet. He’s likely to have 30 loan games under his belt when he comes back to us and I read that he’s improved a lot since he’s gone there (from some Rotherham fans on their forum) .

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:10 pm

Smacks of desperation if the club is indeed to lower prices to such an extensive rate. It's as if they're saying "we apologize for the considerable amount of sub-standard scores and performance, but we'll let you in for a cut of the cost with open arms and hope on your return"

As someone mentioned if were residing in the vicinity, would take the offer as it's all about the team. We realize and acknowledge it's been poor for some considerable time now but the opportunity to regularly attend home games - that others would not normally possess - is entertaining.

Say again the club should have the decency to put the whole damn managerial issue into focus before actual season ticket prices are confirmed. If McCarthy were to remain in position for another year or two, are supporters really going to be that enthusiastic to renew regardless of cheaper cost.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:49 pm

saint jude wrote:If McCarthy were to remain in position for another year or two, are supporters really going to be that enthusiastic to renew regardless of cheaper cost.
Can only mean one thing .........., another poll.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:51 pm

marko69 wrote:
saint jude wrote:If McCarthy were to remain in position for another year or two, are supporters really going to be that enthusiastic to renew regardless of cheaper cost.
Can only mean one thing .........., another poll.
Hopefully he will be as good as the one we have got in goal. :wink:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:49 pm

I think we should all chip in some cash to get Number 9's a$$ over to Ipswich from Dallas and get a motherfucking protest started, y'all.
(I'm only guessing he might speak like that......., he's been there a while.)
Yeah, I could ride a horse through the town yelling "The Texans are coming!...The Texas are coming!!!". :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:34 pm

When you say “The Texans are coming!” ...... do you mean the chocolate chewy bars?? Don’t do that to us, man! :D

https://youtu.be/Je1rOO_QUvk

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:54 pm

marko69 wrote:When you say “The Texans are coming!” ...... do you mean the chocolate chewy bars?? Don’t do that to us, man! :D

https://youtu.be/Je1rOO_QUvk
:lol: :lol: Maybe Evan's should throw in a few Texan Bars with the Season Tickets??