Jordan Rhodes

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Jordan Rhodes

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Former Blues striker Jordan Rhodes will be made available for loan by Sheffield Wednesday in the summer with the Blues and Bolton set to be among those interested in recruiting him, it’s claimed this morning.

According to a somewhat speculative piece in The Sun on Sunday, Wednesday will be willing to loan out the 28-year-old ahead of 2018/19 requiring the loaning club to cover only a small proportion of his wages with Town and the Trotters said to be among those likely to be interested.

In the Blues’ case that’s largely due to links late in the January window which manager Mick McCarthy subsequently dismissed on a number of occasions.

Rhodes, who came through the Town academy but was controversially sold to Huddersfield by former boss Roy Keane before he had made a first-team start for the Blues, has failed to repeat his goalscoring form during his time with the Terriers and Blackburn while with the Owls, who he joined from Middlesbrough in January 2017 initially on loan before a £10 million permanent switch that summer.

While at Hillsborough, the Scotland international, who netted once for Town in 10 senior sub appearances prior to his 2009 move to Huddersfield, has scored only nine times in 31 starts and 21 games from the bench for Wednesday.

Given the current uncertainty regarding the future of boss McCarthy, any speculation regarding Town’s summer targets should currently be taken with a pinch of salt.
I told Mach up at Preston that I had been told this, someone working at a Football academy in Stoke was privvy to some info and it has been passed on and on. From what I saw of Rhodes at Hillsborough recently I would say a massive "NO THANKS" as he was bloody woeful and has lost it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Jordan Rhodes

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:01 pm

Yep, 100% agreed. He was a prolific striker and I was one who raved about him....... but too much time has passed now and he’s not what he once was. He’ll still no doubt grab a few goals but there should be better options for Town in the summer. And his name hasn’t even been mentioned by Big Eck McLeish for the forthcoming international friendlies.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:44 pm

He should never have been sold in the first place, poor lad wasn't given enough time to develop here, FKN Keane :x its been the same with Jack Marriott Now Peterborough, banging them in from everywhere, again not given enough time to develop, no Mick would sooner have near to useless loans and cheapo's, also Young Pope goalkeeper at Burnley went to local none league football club for game time, now a possible call up for England, got pushed out for nothing, makes me wonder if the fooking Managers and scouts know what their doing, Got rid of Jordan's dad, bloody good goal keeper coach, I cant recall Sir Bobby letting many good quality youngsters leaving, this club needs a big change from top to bottom owner and managerial wise, will it happen ??? Does Santa visit down the Chimney at Christmas :roll: enough said, any good loans we do get don't come back, :cry: I think this club is on a downward spiral unless the changes are made.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:51 pm

Ashford was that tongue in cheek? Have you seen Rhodes' form recently?

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:04 pm

DB yes I have, and he's been sussed out, and no like BM I wouldn't want him back now, but all I was stating was, that to have him back now is its far too late, the horse has bolted,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:43 pm

Forgot all about Marriott. He certainly is a scoring machine for The Posh. Didn’t realise he only had two games for ITFC. Thought it’d been more.

Notice Downes wasn’t playing or even on the bench for Luton v Newport yesterday? Is he injured?

Tricky

Post by Tricky » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Former Blues striker Jordan Rhodes will be made available for loan by Sheffield Wednesday in the summer with the Blues and Bolton set to be among those interested in recruiting him, it’s claimed this morning.

According to a somewhat speculative piece in The Sun on Sunday, Wednesday will be willing to loan out the 28-year-old ahead of 2018/19 requiring the loaning club to cover only a small proportion of his wages with Town and the Trotters said to be among those likely to be interested.

In the Blues’ case that’s largely due to links late in the January window which manager Mick McCarthy subsequently dismissed on a number of occasions.

Rhodes, who came through the Town academy but was controversially sold to Huddersfield by former boss Roy Keane before he had made a first-team start for the Blues, has failed to repeat his goalscoring form during his time with the Terriers and Blackburn while with the Owls, who he joined from Middlesbrough in January 2017 initially on loan before a £10 million permanent switch that summer.
No Thanks.

While at Hillsborough, the Scotland international, who netted once for Town in 10 senior sub appearances prior to his 2009 move to Huddersfield, has scored only nine times in 31 starts and 21 games from the bench for Wednesday.

Given the current uncertainty regarding the future of boss McCarthy, any speculation regarding Town’s summer targets should currently be taken with a pinch of salt.
I told Mach up at Preston that I had been told this, someone working at a Football academy in Stoke was privvy to some info and it has been passed on and on. From what I saw of Rhodes at Hillsborough recently I would say a massive "NO THANKS" as he was bloody woeful and has lost it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:17 pm

?? Yes ??

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:20 am

marko69 wrote:Yep, 100% agreed. He was a prolific striker and I was one who raved about him....... but too much time has passed now and he’s not what he once was. He’ll still no doubt grab a few goals but there should be better options for Town in the summer. And his name hasn’t even been mentioned by Big Eck McLeish for the forthcoming international friendlies
Could’ve had C. Ronaldo up front and it wouldn’t have fking mattered. Jaysus H, Costa fking Rica for the second time, 28 years later. :x

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:10 am

I can remember a good long chat i had with Jordan just before he left Town and he was a great lad ,very self assured and confident and knew what he wanted.......Ive tried to stay in touch but got ZERO back and pretty much kicked it into touch. Several years later i just happened to cross paths with a very good school friend of his and asked about Jordan.......
The hostile words threw me a bit but the jest of the conversation was "Full of himself.....Egotistic.....loads of money....sort of attitude. This lad knew him from infancy...He could no longer find a good word for him.......enough said i guess.