Frying Pan & Fire spring to mind !!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Frying Pan & Fire spring to mind !!

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:58 am

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/25/re ... ing-forme/

Steve McLaren ??? Really ??? I kinda hope this is just more "The Sun" garbage.

Shed on tour

Re: Frying Pan & Fire spring to mind !!

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:11 am

Marcus is already thinking of a way to sell ITFC brollies on the cheap in the club shop.
Still have nightmares after being at the game at Wembley against Croatia in 2007. If true I'm sure this appointment would increase season ticket sales, NOT! Perhaps ME thinks he is Dutch after McClaren's failed attempt at a Dutch accent.

God NO Please Not Him.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:17 am

This story has hit the news exactly one week early......surely?

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:37 am

Kind of reinforces what I've been saying all along - Evans has no clue at all about football or how to run a football club.
If this appointment is made, then it will only speed our decline under Evans.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:58 am

herforder wrote:This story has hit the news exactly one week early......surely?
That was my first thought but then with our owner anything is possible.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:09 pm

Could be a way to break news of an extension to Micks contract gently.... by giving us ‘ be careful what you wish for’ on steroids !!!!!

Just the thought of McClaren instantly makes me look at Mick in a good way.

Surely, ME couldn’t be taken in by that serial managerial con-man.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:24 pm

tangfastic wrote:Could be a way to break news of an extension to Micks contract gently......
I think you are spot on with that, Tang.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Jaap Stam is another name being mentioned. :lol:

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:23 pm

The SM rumour leaked by a local umbrella seller. (Difficult to take seriously; but Heaven forbid we might have to under ME’s soon to be revealed Master Plan. So far, though, a State secret. :astroll:

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:58 pm

:roll: Well it seems quite positive that McLaren is interested in joining Town, and it could turn out that this is where Marcus Evans just might sell the club to a consortium that's linked to McLaren, who we know has been rumoured at wanting to buy an established Championship club, and it looks like Ipswich could fit the bill, so look on the bright side, we might just kill two birds with one stone, and get the chance to start a new beginning, with substantial investment. which is what we all want YES.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:21 pm

ashfordblue wrote::roll: Well it seems quite positive that McLaren is interested in joining Town, and it could turn out that this is where Marcus Evans just might sell the club to a consortium that's linked to McLaren, who we know has been rumoured at wanting to buy an established Championship club, and it looks like Ipswich could fit the bill, so look on the bright side, we might just kill two birds with one stone, and get the chance to start a new beginning, with substantial investment. which is what we all want YES.
If ANY part of that ^^^ happens, I solemnly swear I’ll get myself down to Ashford and install a brand new Central heating boiler for you, free of charge!

Hibs v Jags @ Easter Road this Saturday, Ash. Expecting a 4-0 Hibs win, buddy....., minimum.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:00 pm

marko69 wrote:
ashfordblue wrote::roll: Well it seems quite positive that McLaren is interested in joining Town, and it could turn out that this is where Marcus Evans just might sell the club to a consortium that's linked to McLaren, who we know has been rumoured at wanting to buy an established Championship club, and it looks like Ipswich could fit the bill, so look on the bright side, we might just kill two birds with one stone, and get the chance to start a new beginning, with substantial investment. which is what we all want YES.
If ANY part of that ^^^ happens, I solemnly swear I’ll get myself down to Ashford and install a brand new Central heating boiler for you, free of charge!
Its a near banker Marco, McLaren on his own a big No NO, but with a buyout a big OH YES PLEASE, I'll have a new Condenser Boiler please :lol: :lol:

Hibs v Jags @ Easter Road this Saturday, Ash. Expecting a 4-0 Hibs win, buddy....., minimum.
:shock: sorry due to unforeseen circumstances, the Jags will run out 3-1 winners, 2 own goals for the Hibs defence :D :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:05 pm

3-1 JAGS? Holy Shyte, Ash! :lol:

If that happens........, I'll .......... No, I won't. You're getting no more heating equipment from me ya Bas!

But a tenner on it will definitely get you a nice night out to dinner with your Mrs.

:D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:55 pm

Ash do you think McClaren would be head of this consortium, ( and not the manager)and that McCarthy might be retained as the manager with some money now?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:15 pm

Hallam, I'd fear Ipswich Town going "doon the swanny" if that was true.

Please make the Steve McClaren talk go away.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:40 pm

McLaren consortium? What is this nonsense ?

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:43 am

Bluemike wrote:McLaren consortium? What is this nonsense ?
Think it was mentioned regarding Hull City and a takeover bid and he was heading a consortium looking to purchase a club.
Then the link came up with him being on the shortlist for the job at Town should McCarthy go and a case of 2+2 = 24

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:24 pm

Bluemike wrote:McLaren consortium? What is this nonsense ?
BM :D I see Shed's on the ball, :roll: its been around for a little while now BM about the consortium and McLaren, you should keep up with the news, and quite honestly I would love it to happen, it would be the new start the fans have been waiting for, the first step is getting Steve on board, the rest will follow, oh to see them 25'000 to 30'000 gates again. :P Happy Days

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:29 pm

^^ Wind up ^^

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:49 pm

marko69 wrote:^^ Wind up ^^

‘On the ball’ tampering going on! :wink:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:05 pm

herforder wrote:

I’d like to tamper with Steve McClarens hair island tuft with a pair of garden shears. Give me Mick any day over that idiot.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:32 pm

tangfastic wrote:
herforder wrote:

I’d like to tamper with Steve McClarens hair island tuft with a pair of garden shears. Give me Mick any day over that idiot.
Here here

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:56 pm

tangfastic wrote:
herforder wrote:

1. Knitted Weetabix for hair. 2. ME happy to grant your wish.....Q national hysteria!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:00 pm

Steve McLaren has done nothing in football management over the past five years even with money to spend, in my opinion without money he would be far worse than McCarthy and his record suggests he’d simply walk away if results weren’t going his way as he did at Forest.

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:53 pm

Paper rumours are part and parcel of the Media game, similar to playes’ agents briefing stories to enhance the status/value of their clients. But if ME were to be seriously contemplating trying to replace one ‘Mc’ with another, operating on the same financial model, then we truly are fuc*ed.

Interestingly, Ian - ME’s representative on earth - Milne was interviewed on local Look East programme tonight. Apart from essentially saying nothing of consequence, when asked directly whether he thought MM should go or stay, he gave a very opaque, less than ringing endorsement. I think he believes MM should go, but is sh*t scared of saying so in public - ME will expel him to Siberia.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:15 am

herforder wrote:- ME will expel him to Siberia.
Western, populated Russia first though to sell tickets and hotel suites, ...... THEN Siberia.