Season ticket prices for 18/19

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Season ticket prices for 18/19

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:49 pm

The daft thing is if MM was to play more attacking and attractive football at home and Evans was to give him so kind of budget then we already have the best man in place to take this club forward, it is bollocks really that we are even in this position of contemplating a change that could be a massive risk, it's all self inflicted.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:28 am

Bluemike wrote:The daft thing is if MM was to play more attacking and attractive football at home and Evans was to give him so kind of budget then we already have the best man in place to take this club forward, it is bollocks really that we are even in this position of contemplating a change that could be a massive risk, it's all self inflicted.
hard to argue with that really. It is ridiculous that weve allowed this to happen. Everyone needs to take their responsibility for this but in my eyes Evans and Mick deserve most of the blame. Evans for not giving Mick enough money to really give us a realistic chance, Mick for being way too negative when there is no need (ie. Sheff Utd at home..).

Given how the relationship has completely broken down this probably couldn't be fixed now even if there was an effort to do so, I think ultimately Evans should take the lion share of the blame for this one, Mick did a great job for a couple of years and this was the time Evans should have realized he was on to a good thing and invested, not £20m or anything silly but maybe £5m would have been enough to keep us moving forwards. Last season was the result of big mistakes in the 2 years leading up to it and weve never fully recovered since

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:58 am

I know there’s the theory that Mick being given more money would mean he would get us promotion.

I’m not so convinced.

His football is never about us, but stifling the opposition.... and living of scraps. Given more money.... would we go out there and dominate teams and have that swagger to go for three points?

His brief is to keep us in the division within the budget. And he’s done that and kept us mid-table, but he seems a little too comfortable with that and expecting the fans to fall into line and get excited by shoestring economic football. Do the fans see an ugly hoof or a misplaced pass and make a calculation related to our budget and go “ aaaahhh... he’s a freebie so that’s not such a bad ball”. It’s still horrible to watch.

The worse criticism is when we play a Burton or a Rotherham at home where our budget exceeds there’s and you would think he would rub his hands and we would be set up there to play them of the park. Nope, just the same old, same old.

I’ve heard him recently defend himself by saying he’s just doing what he’s always done ... but the game changes and he’s got to have something else up his sleeve. Mick has regrettably never had the money, but he’s had time and complete support from ME to build ... and that’s more than most managers get.
He can go with his head held high citing the good job he’s done within the budget... but I think he’s far too comfortable with a bar set low and I’m not sure with more money he would appreciate a bar and expectations set far higher.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:19 am

charlton837 wrote:......., and this was the time Evans should have realized he was on to a good thing and invested, not £20m or anything silly but maybe £5m would have been enough......
Mevans ain’t got no time for that........ he was busy trying to make £25M in Brazil.

https://youtu.be/6gLMSf4afzo

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:11 pm

Bluemike wrote:The daft thing is if MM was to play more attacking and attractive football at home and Evans was to give him so kind of budget then we already have the best man in place to take this club forward, it is bollocks really that we are even in this position of contemplating a change that could be a massive risk, it's all self inflicted.

Did he play more attacking football when he was at Sunderland and Wolves? I don't seem to remember anything special. Do you or anybody else?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Yes at wolves, he built the team around 2 fast attacking wingers and a powerful front duo. Chalk and cheese

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:38 am

Bluemike wrote:Yes at wolves, he built the team around 2 fast attacking wingers and a powerful front duo. Chalk and cheese
Not at Sunderland then? Wolves were definitely not built around a front 4, more like a defensive 7 who allowed the front 4 to play. Just like he has tried and failed at Ipswich with. His defensive 7 or 8 is always and will be his first priority!!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:02 am

I don't remember his wolves team being that defensive. Who are these 7 or 8 defensive players in that team? I seem to remember Karl Henry being the main defensive player in midfield but he certainly played with old school wingers and strong front men. Maybe in prem he played more defensive.

I agree things at Ipswich are crap and boring but no point harping on about MM time at wolves and Sunderland as it means nothing. Moyes did a great job at Everton but has failed since,so what?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:51 am

I dont think he was defensive in any way shape or form at Wolves TBH.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:00 pm

charlton837 wrote:Moyes did a great job at Everton.....
On a side note......., that's open to debate.

Projected statistics over ten years suggest he was only marginally better than Koeman.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:48 pm

charlton837 wrote:I don't remember his wolves team being that defensive. Who are these 7 or 8 defensive players in that team? I seem to remember Karl Henry being the main defensive player in midfield but he certainly played with old school wingers and strong front men. Maybe in prem he played more defensive.

I agree things at Ipswich are crap and boring but no point harping on about MM time at wolves and Sunderland as it means nothing. Moyes did a great job at Everton but has failed since,so what?

Sorry Blue Mike we are not allowed to discuss this anymore!! :roll:

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:19 pm

marko69 wrote:

Projected statistics over ten years suggest he was only marginally better than Koeman.
But he didn't spend much at all at that time. I think he did a good job, got them challenging towards top 6 and even top 4 at one point. Koeman didn't do that.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:23 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
charlton837 wrote:I don't remember his wolves team being that defensive. Who are these 7 or 8 defensive players in that team? I seem to remember Karl Henry being the main defensive player in midfield but he certainly played with old school wingers and strong front men. Maybe in prem he played more defensive.

lol you are a wind up. Of course you can, I was just pointing out that MM past jobs mean nothing when looking at today. Its easy to say MM has basically been a sh*te manager for years and years because over the last couple of seasons we are have been bang average and so boring at times, but that simply isn't true. He has after all won the league twice, kept wolves up a couple of seasons and reached a WC QF. He may not be the best manager in the world but I just find it weird we are looking for his past to attack him on when in the main he can probably prove he was successful at that time.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:16 pm

charlton837 wrote:
marko69 wrote:

But he didn't spend much at all at that time. I think he did a good job, got them challenging towards top 6 and even top 4 at one point. Koeman didn't do that.
The money in this day is vast compared to when Moyes started at Everton, but it’ll no doubt all be relative, (which I don’t think it is) ...... but regardless of that...... had he continued on as Everton boss, the numbers spewed henceforth from wiki suggest he was as “great” as Koeman. Koeman just wasn’t given the luxury of time that Moyes got.

Kendall, 81-87 stint, was a “great” Everton manager.

ANYWAY......... back to Wolves & Sunderland chat! :D

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:34 pm

charlton837 wrote:
derick_ipsw wrote:

lol you are a wind up. Of course you can, I was just pointing out that MM past jobs mean nothing when looking at today. Its easy to say MM has basically been a sh*te manager for years and years because over the last couple of seasons we are have been bang average and so boring at times, but that simply isn't true. He has after all won the league twice, kept wolves up a couple of seasons and reached a WC QF. He may not be the best manager in the world but I just find it weird we are looking for his past to attack him on when in the main he can probably prove he was successful at that time.
:lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:29 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:

You really are obsessed seeing as it wasnt even me that said it

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:48 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:

Did he play more attacking football when he was at Sunderland and Wolves? I don't seem to remember anything special. Do you or anybody else?
His Wolves team were VERY good the season they got promoted. They creamed us 3-0 at PR with wingers like Kightley running rings round us with fast attacking wingers and dynamic athletic powerful strikers like EWBlake! Which is why I’ve found it so hard to understand his tactics since being at ITFC.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:56 am

All you local Tractor boys and Girls go buy your season tickets, you got what you wanted according to all polls, so back the club now and get your tickets. If I was not in Chester I would be renewing mine.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:43 am

derick_ipsw wrote:All you local Tractor boys and Girls go buy your season tickets, you got what you wanted according to all polls, so back the club now and get your tickets. If I was not in Chester I would be renewing mine.
Exactly Derick I was going to post the same thing, it's all talk with many though, let's wait for all the other excuses to not go.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:46 am

derick_ipsw wrote:All you local Tractor boys and Girls go buy your season tickets, you got what you wanted according to all polls, so back the club now and get your tickets. If I was not in Chester I would be renewing mine.
I think it will mean current s/t holders are more likely to renew but the club are going to have a lot harder time getting back those who have already given theirs up.
No doubt some will wait until the appointment of the new manager and see who it is. I myself will continue to pick and choose the games I attend.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:07 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
I think it will mean current s/t holders are more likely to renew but the club are going to have a lot harder time getting back those who have already given theirs up.
No doubt some will wait until the appointment of the new manager and see who it is. I myself will continue to pick and choose the games I attend.
You had a valid reason to be pissed off Tony.

mini

Post by mini » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:25 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Shed on tour wrote:
You had a valid reason to be pissed off Tony.
Mike
It’s a case now of I enjoy it more just going to occasional games.
As you know like you as well as having a season ticket I used to attend nearly all away games but it got to a stage where it felt like the enjoyment wasn’t there anymore. Then the final straw was the change in policy for the senior concessions.
Quite happy doing what I do now, meeting up with old faces when I go and having a good moan about things going on at ITFC. :lol:
Looking forward to Brentford on Saturday week and will no doubt see you there for a catchup.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:36 pm

Mike
That was me who replied, just noticed Katrina had logged in without me knowing and I thought I was replying in my name. :lol:
Don't get f****** old mate! :lol: :lol:

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:39 am

well I chose not to renew my ST a few seasons ago because I did not like what Evans was doing to the club.
So to me it doesn't matter who the manager is - I still will not renew as long as ME is the owner