Season ticket prices for 18/19

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

charlton837

Season ticket prices for 18/19

Post by charlton837 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:04 pm

Just seen that the new prices have been released. There is a 10% decrease across the board by the looks of it

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Season ticket prices for 18/19

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:27 pm

Where have you seen this ?

Chambo's Fist Pump

Post by Chambo's Fist Pump » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:36 pm

I don't say this often but well done ITFC ticket office

£381 for Sir Bobby lower working out at roughly £16.56 per game

Now - with Mick looking like he's gone will stay awayers put their money where their mouth is and renew?

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:41 pm

Bluemike wrote:Where have you seen this ?
Prices are on itfc direct online. I'm surprisedit wasn't released via the local paper as a bit of positive PR.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:43 pm

Chambo's Fist Pump wrote:I don't say this often but well done ITFC ticket office

Now - with Mick looking like he's gone will stay awayers put their money where their mouth is and renew?
Much depends on who is appointed to be honest. I honestly don't believe some.of the.people who gave it up after having a ST for 30, 40 or 50 years will come back. A few might be only if we appoint someone which is seem as progressive and different

Chambo's Fist Pump

Post by Chambo's Fist Pump » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:44 pm

charlton837 wrote:
Prices are on itfc direct online. I'm surprisedit wasn't released via the local paper as a bit of positive PR.
Looks as though they have dropped a bollock and released it a wee too early...

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:50 pm

Chambo's Fist Pump wrote:I don't say this often but well done ITFC ticket office

You need a lot of money to put it where some of those f**king great mouths are !!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:50 pm

Saying that I can't see it on there. Someone on Twitter print screened it. I'd say it's a strong possibility it's correct and would make some sense.

I can see it all being announced officially in next day or two

Chambo's Fist Pump

Post by Chambo's Fist Pump » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:56 pm

charlton837 wrote:
Saying that I can't see it on there. Someone on Twitter print screened it. I'd say it's a strong possibility it's correct and would make some sense.

I can see it all being announced officially in next day or two
Milne's 2 week guff was up last week!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:27 am

Been confirmed now.
A ST in SBR lower will cost £381 if purchased by 30th April but after that date the cost jumps to £544. Will be interesting to see if the club make an announcement about the managerial position for next season before the 30th April as no doubt this will have some influence on peoples decision to buy one.
As for myself will continue to pick and choose games but at least at last the club have tried to do something to get fans back, whether it is enough remains to be seen.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:02 am

Shed on tour wrote:Been confirmed now.
A ST in SBR lower will cost £381 if purchased by 30th April but after that date the cost jumps to £544. Will be interesting to see if the club make an announcement about the managerial position for next season before the 30th April as no doubt this will have some influence on peoples decision to buy one.
As for myself will continue to pick and choose games but at least at last the club have tried to do something to get fans back, whether it is enough remains to be seen.
I cant see an announcement on Mick being made before this unless we have a repeat of the Hull game in one of the upcoming home matches. I guess much depends on how much uptake there is on the ST at the reduced prices. I felt they did need to come down in price, not as a goodwill gesture but because they were set far too high as it is. I think the only way this 10% discount will be praised is if it comes with further changes (ie. change of manager and/or significant investment into the squad). On its own its just a token gesture.

But well done to the club for at least starting with something positive, Milne stitched him and Evans up by saying information on manager would come at same time, I wonder why he said that. I can only think they were going to announce a new 2 year contract for MM then the Hull match happened and maybe they have seen MM himself may not even want that.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:51 am

following Evans comments today, what do people take from that? Do you think it means MM is likely to stay or go?

I feel that ideally Evans would like him to stay but he knows that's probably not a possibility anymore unless something else drastically changes ie. investment and even then im not sure it can continue because of how broken the relationship is. When Evans says he knows many supporters will want to know about the manager before making a decision hes admitting he realizes if he says Mick is staying then he is likely to lose quite a few more people, perhaps he wants to see if there is a decent uptake from non ST given the discount.

I think hes backed into a corner a bit on this, the only way forward is a fresh start for all parties, I don't think Mick would walk away if he were offered a contract, I think this is all down to Evans, and its a big decision to make. However if you admit many are waiting on that before deciding then that should be decision made. I just wonder what the reaction would be if Evans letter of intent/interview suggested that current levels of investment just mean we cant move forward and so we need to review it, and given that Micks done a good job overall he deserves that chance. I personally cant see that happening as I don't see Evans just suddenly investing millions more, but what would your reaction be if that were to happen? Id be in 2 minds, on the one hand I think if money was there he does deserve a crack at it, on the other hand he has alienated himself so much to the fans that I don't see a way forward with him

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:32 pm

"What is best for the football club" that is the defining factor and with that in mind ME will be telling MM its time up, it cannot be anything else. No amount of investment in the squad will make a difference with many outers, its gone too far, I still would rather have him stay if there was significant investment as opposef to a gamble on an inexperienced man or god forbid McLaren who can only do it with big investment, he has even failed with money in the past. The rocky road looks set to continue for a good while yey.

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:57 pm

Bluemike wrote:"What is best for the football club" that is the defining factor and with that in mind ME will be telling MM its time up, it cannot be anything else. No amount of investment in the squad will make a difference with many outers, its gone too far, I still would rather have him stay if there was significant investment as opposef to a gamble on an inexperienced man or god forbid McLaren who can only do it with big investment, he has even failed with money in the past. The rocky road looks set to continue for a good while yey.
or it could mean that he thinks it would be best for the club if MM stays - after all we are still a Championship club and I'm not sure that with any other manager we still would be, given that the total lack of investment means we have a squad largely of journeymen that nobody else wants

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:07 pm

rossi wrote:
Bluemike wrote:"What is best for the football club" that is the defining factor and with that in mind ME will be telling MM its time up, it cannot be anything else. No amount of investment in the squad will make a difference with many outers, its gone too far, I still would rather have him stay if there was significant investment as opposef to a gamble on an inexperienced man or god forbid McLaren who can only do it with big investment, he has even failed with money in the past. The rocky road looks set to continue for a good while yey.
or it could mean that he thinks it would be best for the club if MM stays - after all we are still a Championship club and I'm not sure that with any other manager we still would be, given that the total lack of investment means we have a squad largely of journeymen that nobody else wants
Must admit a part of me thinks this. Especially as he goes on to say results are the most important thing at any football club. Well he could argue based on our budget he does have that to some extent, but that only masks a wider problem. Going to be interesting to see what comes out in next couple of weeks, to me it would have made sense to have these discussions now during a 2 week international break...

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:18 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43541170 MM position will be clarified at the end of April. :shock:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:44 pm

Seems like they’re waiting for the right time ( or set of results ) to break news of some kind.

This club needs a fresh start and the smart and only thing to do is say thanks/goodbye to Mick.... but even this is getting drawn out and messy and fuelling more speculation.

Maybe they think with more time we’ll talk ourselves around to accepting Mick again. Mick’s reputation was suddenly boosted yesterday.... not by flowing, attractive football ... but by the mention of Steve McClaren. However, the relationship seems like it’s broken beyond repair.

ME obviously wants Mick to stay. He’s even got Mick’s trusted lieutenants in Chambo, Skuse and Knudsen signed up and on board for next season. Seems like everything was being set up for an extension of Micks contract.... and he would have got away with it, if it wasn’t for those pesky fans.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:45 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43541170 MM position will be clarified at the end of April. :shock:
Milne is saying in the next 2-3 weeks. Saying that they wouldn't leave it until a day before early bird deadline, I think they will give fans at least 1-2 weeks to make their decision. It wont be left until end of April

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:26 pm

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:48 pm

Think a bigger issue here is Milne needs sacked. £544 minus 10% is £489. Who came up with £381?

Mevans: WHO is responsible for this fk up?
Silence
Mevans: RIGHT, THATS IT. Pies next season will be £9-40 each!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:51 pm

marko69 wrote:Think a bigger issue here is Milne needs sacked. £544 minus 10% is £489. Who came up with £381?

Silence
Your talking about upper tier tickets. In lower tier tickets for this season were £423 or something like that. Its just 10% across the board. I noticed for the U12 tickets they have done it as £50 (or there abouts) but you get money back for each game you go to, if you go to all 23 home games then the ticket would effectively be free. Seems a sensible way of doing it to me

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:54 pm

And a coffee, a pie and a Mars bar can remain three weeks wages? Awesome! :D

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:06 pm

Marcus Evans has today confirmed that Mick McCarthy's future will be clarified to supporters well in advance of the Early Bird deadline on season tickets (April 30th).

I guess that means we don’t have to wait all summer and will know pretty soon. Even more important if he leaves, who will the new boss be cos McLaren in my opinion would be even worse especially without any money.

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:24 pm

marko69 wrote:Think a bigger issue here is Milne needs sacked. £544 minus 10% is £489. Who came up with £381?

Silence

Home matches will only last 81 minutes - 10% saving! :)
(That’s REALLY good news).
Last edited by herforder on Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:27 pm

:D Joking aside....... judging by match reports, that could be welcomed by fans!

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:41 pm

Yes how many games have we lost in the 10 mins let alone after 90mins...
Blow the whistle on 81 mins.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:18 pm

rossi wrote:
I suppose it could be taken like that but I cannot for the life of me think it will, surely to Christ !!!!

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:40 pm

IF, in the Club’s best interests, ME does decide to fling MM out of the balloon (for me, still very uncertain), it will be interesting to see how it’s presented. Given MM’s loyalty to ME - effectively being his body armour against ferocious incoming fire - ME will be at pains to ensure MM leaves with dignity.

Possible exit scenario is for ME to confirm that he wanted MM to stay, but Mick decided that he wanted to move on to pastures new, and therefore decided against renewing the contract on offer. This effectively kills two birds, by maintaining the belief that it was MM who ultimately decided his future (as he always stated he would), whilst actually getting rid of him. All about ‘face’ and presentation. But the end result is, of course, what will matter most to supporters!

Other option is for ME to offer MM a rolling contract - with either party able to walk away with a month’s notice. Not ideal, but possibly preferable to appointing someone unsuitable on a longer term deal. Not sure, however, whether MM would go for it. Depends on what other offers might be out there.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:26 pm

herforder wrote:IF, in the Club’s best interests, ME does decide to fling MM out of the balloon (for me, still very uncertain), it will be interesting to see how it’s presented. Given MM’s loyalty to ME - effectively being his body armour against ferocious incoming fire - ME will be at pains to ensure MM leaves with dignity.

Possible exit scenario is for ME to confirm that he wanted MM to stay, but Mick decided that he wanted to move on to pastures new, and therefore decided against renewing the contract on offer. This effectively kills two birds, by maintaining the belief that it was MM who ultimately decided his future (as he always stated he would), whilst actually getting rid of him. All about ‘face’ and presentation.
Yep ^^^^^^ spot on.