Aussie Rules and their “rules”

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Aussie Rules and their “rules”

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:08 am

Don’t worry, it’s not more “rules” to slow our game down during play, (VAR, etc) ..... but I’ve just had time to watch the “Footy Feed” on the AFL website after this seasons round one fixtures, and, I’ve got to say, ...... they’ve got one area that “soccer” WORLDWIDE, needs.

The incident was; Player Brayden Maynard for the Collingwood Magpies gets into a tussle with a Hawthorn player, and then Maynard arches his back and falls dramatically to the ground.

Every week, the games are watched by AFL officials AFTER the games ...... yes, after the games are finished. And players “antics” are scrutinised by a panel of referees. Any player looking as if they are simulating anything at all (or staging as the Aussies call it) are brought into question by the AFL & their club.
Maynard was fined by the club and banned for one game by the AFL.

What a fantastic system. Incorporate that into “soccer” and maybe the diving aspect will disappear. James Milner against Everton a couple of years back tripping over his own feet and winning an oscar throwing himself to the ground? That’s reviewed during the week ——> Milner fined and banned? Ok it won’t be a massive punishment to all players because they are so rich, but I believe it’ll help.

It’s probably why my favourite sport of all time is Australian Rules Football..... there genuinely is no cheating whatsoever. The Aussies leave that to their cricket team.