Birmingham FC v Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Where do you see this one going?

Brum Win
33%
Town Win
33%
Draw
33%

Total votes: 6

Frosty
Forum Owner

Birmingham FC v Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Frosty » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:56 am

Image Birmingham City v Ipswich TownImage

Saturday 31st March 2018 – 15:00

St Andrews

Pre-Match Thoughts - Bluemike

It seems like an eternity since our last game away at Bristol City, domestic football making way for the non entity that is International Friendlies, I expect the way things are at Portman Road right now many will have been glad of the break but I must say these breaks drive me insane, I just cannot drum up any enthusiasm for Englands exploits these days and it will be the same for me in the Summer when the World Cup kikcs off, I actually couldn't care less to be blunt, someone asked me at work today if I thought "it was a penalty last night" I must confess I had no idea at all what he was on about but quickly learnt that England conceded a late one in the vital game against Italy, that pretty much says it all from my perspective, I had no idea it was even taking place.

Back to the Town game and our visit to Ashton Gate was about as even as it gets for me and I felt we were well worth a share of the spoils, the only real piece of quality throughout the entire game won it for the home side and for the umpteenth time we come up second best in a game that was so so close. It did hit home to me though that away from home things are nowhere near as bad as some of the poor efforts we see at Portman Road, I just cannot for the life of me fathom it out.

These may be frustrating and depressing times being a Town fan at the moment but there is no doubt many things are keeping it interesting, obviously the Mick will he or won't he saga looks to be drawing to a conclusion with Marcus Evans revealling that we will know the decision before the April 30th Early Bird deadline comes around, I think that news needs to be well in advance of the 30th though to give people a chance to get "back on board" where Season Tickets are concerned. I see people are still moaning about the 10% reduction which I actually thought was pretty good considering, it was last season that things were poorly done so at least it is a step in the right direction, the problem is with feelings so strong towards MM this reduction will not be enough by itself, there has to be change and it is change that worries me. A budget needs to be made availbale no matter who is our manager and if that is going to happen then why change the boss at all ? Especially when names like Steve McLaren and Billy Davies are being thrown into the ring, not to mention Tony Mowbray, all of these fill me with dread if I am honest, especially McLaren, I believe that appointment would be a disaster for ITFC as he has shown he needs to throw money around life cinfetti and even then it has gone pear shaped and resulted in him jumping ship, people hate it but "Be careful what you wish for" If ever a situation was befitting of a saying it is this one with Mccarthy a much better option than McLaren, in my opinion of course.

With the chances of the play offs now gone it is surely time for Mick to give the likes of Morris, Drinan and anybody else a chance to see what they can do, we are safely entrenched in Mid table again so let's have something to give us a bit of interest in the remaining Eight games, Carayol too needs to get himself on the pitch and earn a contract as this guy excites me, I want to see him here next season, with there being zero chance of Bersant Celina being here I wouldn't even play him again, same with Sears, let's start the forward planning now. Birmingham City are fighting for their Championship survival and will be well up for this, they are currently in the drop zone on goal difference and need to win their home games to stand a chance, with no pressure on us I think we could inflict more agony on them and with some tough looking games coming up they will see this as one they have to win. I feel Town will be good enough to win this and I see a 2-1 victory coming up. COYB'S

The Opposition – Birmingham City

Birmingham City were founded as Small Heath Alliance in 1875, and from 1877 played their home games at Muntz Street. The club turned professional in 1885. In 1892, Small Heath, along with the other Alliance teams, were invited to join the newly formed Football League Second Division. They finished as champions, but failed to win promotion via the test match system. The following season promotion to the First Division was secured after a second place finish and test match victory over Darwen.The club adopted the name Birmingham Football Club in 1905, and moved into their new home, St Andrew’s Ground, the following year. Matters on the field failed to live up to their surroundings. Birmingham were relegated in 1908, obliged to apply for re-election two years later, and remained in the Second Division until after the First World War.

Birmingham won the second Division Two title in 1920–21. In 1931, manager Leslie Knighton led the club to their first FA Cup Final, which they lost 2–1 to Second Division club West Bromwich Albion. Though Birmingham remained in the top flight for 18 seasons, they struggled in the league.

The name Birmingham City F.C. was adopted in 1943. The club won the Football League South wartime league and reached the semifinal of the first post-war FA Cup. Two years later they won their third Second Division title. Bob Brocklebank, though unable to stave off relegation in 1950, brought in players who made a major contribution to the club's successes of the next decade. When Arthur Turner took over as manager in November 1954, he made them play closer to their potential, and on the last day of the 1954–55 season confirmed them as champions. In their first season back in the First Division, Birmingham achieved their highest league finish of sixth place. They also reached the FA Cup final, losing to Manchester City.

Birmingham became the first English club side to take part in European competition in 1956. They were also the first English club side to reach a European final, losing to Barcelona in the 1960 Fairs Cup final and to A.S. Roma the following year.

In 1963 they lifted their first major trophy, the League Cup,when they beat their bitter rivals Aston Villa in the final.

Sir Alf Ramsey briefly managed the club before Jim Smith took over in 1978. With relegation a certainty, the club sold Trevor Francis to Nottingham Forest, making him the first player transferred for a fee of £1 million. Smith took Birmingham straight back to the First Division, but a poor start to the 1981–82 season saw him replaced by Ron Saunders. Saunders' team struggled to score goals and in 1984 they were relegated. They bounced back up, but the last home game of the 1984–85 promotion season, against Leeds United, was marred by rioting, culminating in the death of a boy when a wall collapsed on him. This was on the same day as the Bradford City stadium fire, and the events at St Andrew's formed part of the remit of Mr Justice Popplewell's inquiry into safety at sports grounds. The club lacked stability both on and off the field and by 1989 Birmingham were in the Third Division for the first time in their history.

In April 1989 the Kumar brothers, owners of a clothing chain, bought the club. A rapid turnover of managers, the absence of promised investment, and a threatened mass refusal of players to renew contracts was relieved only by a victorious trip to Wembley in the Associate Members Cup. Terry Cooper delivered promotion, but the collapse of the Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI) put the Kumars' businesses into receivership until publisher David Sullivan bought it for £700,000. After a poor start to the 1993–94 season Cooper was replaced by Barry Fry, followed by the return of Trevor Francis.

Francis introduced players with top-level experience such as Manchester United skipper Steve Bruce. In his second season the club narrowly missed out on a play-off position, followed by three years of play-off semifinal defeats By October 2001, lack of progress had made Francis's position untenable and he was replaced two months later by Steve Bruce, taking them from mid-table into the play-offs where they beat Norwich City on penalties to win promotion to the Premier League.

Birmingham's first top-flight season for 16 years finished in mid-table.

In July 2007, Hong Kong-based businessman Carson Yeung bought 29.9% of shares in the club, making him the biggest single shareholder. Bruce left in mid-season to become manager of Premier League rivals Wigan Athletic.His successor, Alex McLeish, was unable to stave off relegation, but achieved promotion back to the Premier League at the first attempt. In 2011, a second victory in the League Cup secured qualification for the Europa League. With relegation back to the second tier, McLeish resigned in June 2011 to join Aston Villa. Successor Chris Hughton narrowly failed to reach the knockout rounds of the Europa League and the playoff final before, with the club in financial turmoil and under a transfer embargo, leaving for Norwich City in June 2012. He was replaced by Lee Clark.

Under Lee Clark, Birmingham twice retained their divisional status, albeit through a 93rd-minute goal in the last match of 2013–14 to avoid relegation on goal difference. After a continuation of the poor form from the previous season, Clark was sacked in October 2014, to be replaced by Burton Albion manager and former Birmingham player Gary Rowett.

Gary Rowett stabilised the team and led them to two tenth-place finishes before being controversially dismissed by new owners Trillion Trophy Asia in favour of the "pedigree" of Gianfranco Zola, who would aid the club's "strategic, long-term view" to take the club in a new direction.

A spell of two wins in 24 matches left Birmingham needing two wins from the last three games to stay up, which they achieved under the managership of Harry Redknapp.

Redknapp stayed on for 2017–18, but was sacked after only one win in the first eight league matches, to be replaced by Steve Cotterill.

The Manager – Steve Cotterill

Past Match - Video Highlights - Trev

Form Guide

Birmingham Last 5 Matches - Currently in 22nd place with 33 points

24 Feb Birmingham City 0 - 2 Barnsley

3 Mar Nottm Forest 2 - 1 Birmingham City

6 Mar Birmingham City 0 - 1 Middlesbrough

10 Mar Cardiff City 3 - 2 Birmingham City

17 Mar Birmingham City 3 - 0 Hull City

Ipswich Last 5 Matches - Currently in 12th place with 52 points

24 Feb Preston 0 - 1 Ipswich Town

6 Mar Sheffield Wed 1 - 2 Ipswich Town

10 Mar Ipswich Town 0 - 0 Sheffield Utd

13 Mar Ipswich Town 0 - 3 Hull City

17 Mar Bristol City 1 - 0 Ipswich Town

Fixtures of Interest that could affect Towns standing on the Table

NORWICH CITY VS FULHAM

BRENTFORD FC VS SHEFFIELD UNITED

LEEDS UNITED VS BOLTON

Match referee – Roger East

BIRMINGHAM CITY 1 IPSWICH TOWN 1

derick_ipsw

Re: Birmingham FC v Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:32 am

Steve Cottrell is not the Manager anymore. Gary Monk is.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:52 am

Fuuuuuuuk, I forgot about Billy Davies! Please, PLEASE, not him.

Went for 1-1 in the PL, but that was before manager revelations. Could definitely be the age old phenomenon of managerless teams winning, but as said in the preview, BC in drop zone, playing for survival, (and 3-0 win v Hull) ....... I’ll stick with the 1-1.

Ref caption: (using different picture of him)

“Safely in mid table and you’re leaving FFS, play Morris & Drinan!”

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:32 pm

Got to think we can get 3 points here Birmingham has dropped off a bit so I'm going for a 2- 1 win for Ipswich

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:39 pm

I can't see us getting anything out of this. Birmingham just beat Hull 3-0, and as we all know Hull just beat ITFC 3-0 at Portman Road.

Of course, MM may actually play attacking football now that his future has been resolved. I'm sure he'll have a bit of the I don't give sh*t factor...it could be entertaining. (I won't hold my breath)

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:45 pm

Caption..... Hey Mick I said on my word warp 6..... engage

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:36 pm

Voted for an away team win, just envisage the pressures and subsequent resolvement of the managerial issue will allow the players some room to maneuver. Add to that with nothing (else) to feasibly aim for in the season the team may actually find some enjoyment in it.

Birmingham 0 Ipswich 2

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:50 pm

saint jude wrote:......nothing to feasibly aim for in the season.....
Obviously hope you are correct with the full time score there, Saint...., but contrary to ITFC, Birmingham have plenty to aim for. Could be close.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:05 pm

Ref caption.

Finally that clingon is leaving our club.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:12 am

Derby 1 Sunderland 4?

FKN WHAT?

Ok, Ipswich, surprise us all and copy that ^^^ sh*t.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:44 am

Well I do not think that his impending departure will make any difference to the way that MM will approach this game - his hands are somewhat tied in that he has a crap squad of average players - there's only so much he (or any other manager come to that) can do with them

Brum 2 - Ipswich 0

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:34 am

BCFC 0 : ITFC 1

All part of the MM saga... we’ll scrape a win.... BCWYWF’ers will be giving it large tonight.

Be good to see Morriss or Drinan get game time.... but if it’s tight, can’t see them getting a decent run.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:57 am

I have a feeling the players will feel a little down going into the unknown and having no idea what the future holds with a new manager on the horizon, they may even feel annoyed with Town fans, if this is the case I think Brum will win 1-0 in yet another boring encounter.

If the players react positively just in case the new manager is in the stadium, it could be very different and we see a reverse score 0-1, but maybe this is nothing more than me getting carried away with hope and optimism.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:18 am

Charnwood wrote:I have a feeling the players will feel a little down going into the unknown....,
The unknown? Come on, Charnwood....... they know it’s Birmingham, and that it’s a fking shithole.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:05 pm

Birmingham's not so bad actually. For the UK's most ethnically diverse city it has a lot to offer and far improved from years before. Sure there's some areas that require improvement i.e. Aston, Lozells and Handsworth, but the center has undergone significant development in the last 30 years and finally brought into touch the 21st century.

Furthermore, any location that provided Duran Duran and Black Sabbath to the world can't be all bad.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:38 pm

saint jude wrote:Birmingham's not so bad actually. For the UK's most ethnically diverse city it has a lot to offer and far improved from years before. Sure there's some areas that require improvement i.e. Aston, Lozells and Handsworth, but the center has undergone significant development in the last 30 years and finally brought into touch the 21st century.

Furthermore, any location that provided Duran Duran and Black Sabbath to the world can't be all bad.

Not forgetting of course Led Zeppelin!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:44 pm

I quite like Birmingham too SJ, England’s 2nd City, a good place for a night out, plenty of culture and a few decent golf courses.

As for the footie, indeed they are crap with Brum losing 7 of their last 8 games played. Let’s hope after today it’s 8 from 9 but given our current form it could be 2 wins from 9.

I see it’s nearly half time and we still haven’t had a shot on target!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:02 pm

6th May can’t come quick enough.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:11 pm

saint jude wrote:Furthermore, any location that provided Duran Duran and Black Sabbath to the world can't be all bad.
So there’s no one walking about with a “view to a kill” anymore and there’s no need to feel “paranoid”?

Didn’t think this was going to be easy.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:46 pm

:roll: Marco me old mucker, I don't think anyone cares about the results from now until end of season, we cant go down so play the kids

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:55 pm

Yep, that’s what Jean-Luc Picard said further up the thread. Don’t think Morris or Drinan were even on the bench. A win still would’ve been a bonus.

Still, Hibs didn’t disappoint though eh Ash?! :D

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:39 pm

David McG not really injured. Moonlighting as an actor in tonight’s Casualty - playing part of a radiographer. Don’t worry, though, MM will see right though him!

Mach_Polish_Blue

Post by Mach_Polish_Blue » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:00 pm

I don't know if there are stats providing the facts about the sideways passes but we must have broken a world record or have been close to this today.

First half was painful in every aspect for the Town fans. Literally nothing when going forward. Not many players interested in doing so. Sideways, backwards, hoof ! A sheer chore to watch.

Yes very soft and contentious penalty. These things happen in football though and there was plenty of time to come back into the game.

Birmingham played better football without a doubt, outpassing us easily at times. Few chances for them though however Bialkowski's instinctive reaction saved us from going further behind.

As for Town no ideas at all how to threaten them, how to unlock their defence. Painful to watch.

A bit better after the break. Two headers from Spence, both well off the target though. Knudsen when in the good position skied the ball over from 20 yards.

We were on top without creating much. The introduction of Celina injected some pace and kind of element of invention. His glorious pass, by far the best pass from the team in the game found Waghorn in the box and the latter's shot was parried by Stockdale. And that was our SOLITARY shot on target today !
To be cynical when you see passes like that there is little wonder that Celina ain't a regular in the McCarthys team.

Celina despite initial good impact faded in the last 15 minutes however when you see him with the ball there is always some hope.

We are losing 0-1. 20 minutes to go and MM put Hyam on. So inspiring ! Why waiting longer with sending Carayol on? The latter didn't have much time to make a significant impact however always able to accelerate and outrun their full-backs.

Despite us having been seemingly better in the 2nd half it was Birmingham who was very close to scored twice.

The best positive of the day was to see Bluemike, Tom, HallamBlue and a few TWTD'ers. The second one was getting out of the ground after the game. Now I can hear him saying that his decision has affected the players. Stupid, lame excuse to cover himself. That kind of performance would have happened 1,2,3 etc etc months ago. The approach would have been exactly the same. Just to stop opposition from playing, keep hoofing and see what happens.

Birmingham are firmly in the relegation battle but barring Waghorn's shot we never really troubled Stockdale.

As expected the creative players started on the bench. Carayol who had given us arguably the best individual performance this calendar year at Preston last month, what's the excuse for McCarthy to keep him on the bench for such long? The illness was the one at Preston when taking him off after the first half, what's the latest one?

This team stinks ! It's brimmed with the wrong 'philosophy'. We have no ideas how to hurt an opposition. We may have had a decent spell in the second half, mainly after Celina's arrival but no ideas what to do in the opposition box. Players looked iffy at times, unable/scared to make decisions after entering their box.

Although I got what I wanted that is new manager next season I don't envy his job. He'll have to instill the new philosophy. Stop being fearful and gutless just express yourself and attack an opposition. It might take a while to do so as the current team is brimmed with the wrong one.

That was sad today. I was there five and half years ago too when DJ Campbell scored a winner and it started a new era. Still remember that day today. Weeks of humiliation and embarrassment we had to endure under the worst ever manager in Jewell so that win and McCarthy's arrival was exceptional. How different and how sad today though I'm very relieved that he is finally leaving.

The goals, the shots on target are so scarce for us nowadays. Yet some still have a cheek to bleat : 'be careful what you wish for'. The end of this season cannot come quick enough as the last 7 games are going to be a chore.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:13 pm

Caught final score about an hour ago, needless to say any interest in today's game was minimal. Realized there nothing remaining in the season and put focus elsewhere. Read some post-game reaction on TWTD and appears today was nothing new.

I.E. lack of ideas and creativity, the inability to score or threaten the opposition. All that remains is playing out a handful of games that are ultimately immaterial. Pity is, these occasions have been so regular at this time of year than many will care to remember. A considerable amount of adjustment is required in the summer, a new name with ideas and a team that can actually be bothered to perform remains just about imperative.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:20 am

Full credit to Mick in not letting his imminent departure affect the team. It was a typical performance.

Watched it on ifollow and can’t grumble with the score line.

The difference on paper was a contentious penalty, but Birmingham deserved the win. They wanted it more and were prepared to win the game.

Mick knows his football. Keeping the score tight ... we have the possibility to nick a goal at the end from a corner. Hence, putting Hyam on trying not to concede any more, keeps us in with a shout of a goal. Except we’re so bloody toothless.... and with our season over and losing.. why not go for it instead of a little dash at the end.

For all the genuine loyalty Mick has for his players, he doesn’t really rate them. Never trusts them enough to play football and create chances. A 0-1 grafting defeat just seems a little too OK for Mick.
In a match where we might get a reaction (positive or negative), can’t see too much different in this approach to any other games. Cannot see where we’re going to learn anything different in the remaining games.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:54 am

Despite everything that is going on it was pretty much as you were at Birmingham yesterday, same team, same tactics, same dull and unadventurous performance in keeping with many that had gone before it. There was plenty of effort and endeavour as we always get but the shortage of quality and belief in what we do was clear for all to see. A line up with no Carayol or Celina again left one with a feeling of disappointment but I suppose we should not be surprised anymore. The first half was very poor from a Town point of view, passes continually going astray and a real lack of intent going forward, Chambers particularly seemed to think we were in Blue as his passes repeatedly fell to the feet of a Birmingham player in the early part of the game. Nobody seemed to want to take it forward, lots of safe backward passes was the order of the day. Birmingham had definitley started the brighter and were looking to attack at speed, Maghoma was causing us a few problems down the Town right while Jota was roaming all over the place and Town were finding it hard to pick him up. Half chances for falling the home sides way but anything at the Town goal was high and wide. After a poor start we did begin to settle and we gained a footing in the game, one or Two openings began to appear in the Birmingham defence but we were unable to create any real eforts on goal. Unfortunately with Town now very much in the game we fell behind to an utterly ridiculous penalty decision, Maghoma was adjudged to have been fouled by Carter-Vickers but most in the ground could see the guy just threw himself to the ground while under little pressure and the ref bought it, Jota tucking it away despite the brave efforts of Bart who nearly got to it.

Following the goal it was Birmingham who nearly doubled their lead, only barts outstretched leg saving us from going Two down as a shot took a wicked deflection and almost wrong footed the Town keeper who read it just in time to save the day. The last few minutes of the first half saw little action of note and Town went in having failed to really asser themselves on the game, there was no punch up front as waghorn & Sears tried to feed off very little service, the Midfield huffed and puffed but created nothing, the defence seemed happy to mplay tippy tappy passes to each other, the wing backs had struggled to get forward although for me Spence at least tried to do so, some of what he does is good while at times some of what he does is dreadful. We needed a big improvement if we were to get back into it.

The second half started in better vein with Town in the ascendancy, twice Jordan Spence got his head to deep crosses but failed to trouble Stockdale but it was promising that we were now getting service into the box, not long after knudsen shot high and wide following more attacking play from Town. The arrival of Celina had had an impact on Town's play going forward and the Kosovan was causing them problems, it was from his clever pass that Town had their best effort of the game, Waghorn receiving the ball before unleashing a shot which Stockdale had to be alert to as he palmed the ball away to safety. The game was becoming end to end and Jota was not far off his second of the game as he fired narrowly wide of the Town goal, Town's upper hand didn't seem to last long and it was the home side that were coming forward with more threat as the game neared the final minutes. The introduction of Carayol was too little too late as we failed to make any serious efforts on goal during those final minutes.

It wasn't a great performance by any means against what for me are a very ordinary Birmingham side who have their work cut out to survive the drop, we are a dream team to play at the minute as Hull and Birmingham will testify, nothing to play for and a lot of upheavel going on behind the scenes makes us a good bet for three points in other teams eyes. We just lacked any real punch, yes we tried and competed but that won't win you many games if you aren't creating chances, we really only had one effort worthy of the name. Not many players came oput of this one with any real credit and finding a MOTM would be nigh on impossible but Celina at least showed flashes of quality and was direct in his approach with his running at the Birmingham defence, one pass in particular was sublime.

Bart (6) Spence (6) Chambers (6) Carter-Vickers (6) Webster (5) Knudsen (5) Skuse (5) Connolly (4) Ward (5) Sears (5) Waghorn (6)

SUBS :- Celina (7) Hyam (5) Carayol (5)

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:59 am

Thanks for the reports guys. I'm full of respect for those of you that make the away trips when the season is already dead for us and even more respectful when the game is a dull as that one sounded for making the effort to put up any kind of match report.

Hopefully you enjoy each other's company and fellowship enough to make it worth the time & money.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:38 pm

marko69 wrote:Yep, that’s what Jean-Luc Picard said further up the thread. Don’t think Morris or Drinan were even on the bench. A win still would’ve been a bonus.

Still, Hibs didn’t disappoint though eh Ash?! :D
:twisted: Grrr one perfectly good JAGS goal disallowed, :x FKN useless ref, :wink: I reckon it was A FIX, the ref had HIBS in his accumulator

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:48 pm

In all seriousness, buddy, the Jags were attacking the Dunbar Road end of the stadium and we sit in the East terrace....... I could see from where I was that he was two yards offside. Everyone stood up in unison, “OFFSIDE LINESMAN!”

Was a good move though,...... Really poor first half but Partick didn’t play like they were a relegation threatened side.

And thanks for the ITFC reports Mach, Herforder, Bluemike........ I do love the different styles of writing. You guys could officially have anonymous columns in newspapers and I’d wager that I’d guess which one of you wrote which one.

My own opinion pre KO was close encounter,.... wasn’t going to be a 3-0 affair. Predicted the draw. A balance of Brum fighting and ITFC maybe breathing with some levels of stress relief. Didn’t think it’d be a loss.

But, in the grand scheme of things now, who gives a sh*t about the 17/18 remainder.