Next Manager Rumour Thread (Poll Added 2/4/2018)

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Candidates for Next Manager

Cowley
15%
McClaren
4%
Grayson
1%
Mowbray
14%
Davies
No votes
Bilic
7%
Curbishly
3%
Clarke
6%
Burley
8%
Warburton
12%
Hurst
26%
Redknapp
2%
Pardew
3%

Total votes: 102

Dubai Blue

Re: Next Manager Rumour Thread (Poll Added 2/4/2018)

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:27 pm

Not sure if anyone else read that article but I'm starting to like the sound of Gary White. Ok we can smirk at countries like Guam, Taiwan & Bahamas but this guy has the coveted Elite Coaching Badge and is clearly very highly rated by the English FA establishment. He has been in management for 20 years now. This is not a short time.

I'm one of those who even at the end didn't really want the club to part company with McCarthy but given that we have then we need to make a bold decision. An Elite coach should quickly get the respect of the players.

The only down side for me is of course his (assumed) lack of knowledge of the championship. But this could be dealt with if the club appoints someone with experience to assist him.

It could be that the club has never had a coach with the combination of qualifications & experience that Gary White has today. This could be the breakthrough job that he has been preparing himself for over the last 20 years.

I hope that ME is considering him at least.

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:33 pm

In ME’s ‘on camera’ interview, to be released at lunchtime (UK time) tomorrow, he says - among other things apparently - that in order to repair the rift between club and supporters, he is proposing to try something completely different - albeit that it’s likely to carry an element of risk. Appointing G White would certainly tick that box!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:54 pm

20 years to get where he is, Taiwan? Yes impressive

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:18 pm

I’m slughtly puzzled that the local press (EADT an Ipswich Star) suddenly ‘discovered’ GW, and decided to devote a lot of column inches on him. I suppose it provides a very different, even radical, option to give their readers, but can’t help feeling that there’s another agenda going on.
Who contacted who - and why? Just seems a bit odd (although perhaps not by local press standards).

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:23 pm

herforder wrote:I’m slughtly puzzled that the local press (EADT an Ipswich Star) suddenly ‘discovered’ GW, and decided to devote a lot of column inches on him. I suppose it provides a very different, even radical, option to give their readers, but can’t help feeling that there’s another agenda going on.
Who contacted who - and why? Just seems a bit odd (although perhaps not by local press standards).
This is exactly it for me too, just appears from nowhere all of a sudden and bigging himself up like nothing on earth and all this a day or two after I get a couple of PM's about the guy ?? It all seems bloody weird to me to be perfectly honest.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:54 pm

Tell you what, that League One title race is very exciting indeed. A few blips past couple games may have put the brakes slightly on Shrewsburys auto chances, but great win tonight v Posh.

The poll leader, Paul Hurst certainly didn't have issues lifting his players spirits for tonights game.

What a crucial goal by Charlie Mulgrew tonight for BL Rovers v BR Rovers as well.

And Will Grigg didn't score? What the hell is going on?

Regarding Gary White........, I KNEW i had read about this guy a few years ago when he was manager of Guam. Think he managed to reduce 16, 17 and 21-0 tankings to 7, 8 and 10-0 tankings. Not taking the P, being serious. They were proper whipping boys but with Gary White, they were converted to Luxembourg -ish. This guy could take Ipswich Town FC from regular 12th place finishers to 7th place finishers.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:18 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:Not sure if anyone else read that article but I'm starting to like the sound of Gary White. Ok we can smirk at countries like Guam, Taiwan & Bahamas but this guy has the coveted Elite Coaching Badge and is clearly very highly rated by the English FA establishment. He has been in management for 20 years now. This is not a short time.p9

I'm one of those who even at the end didn't really want the club to part company with McCarthy but given that we have then we need to make a bold decision. An Elite coach should quickly get the respect of the players.

The only down side for me is of course his (assumed) lack of knowledge of the championship. But this could be dealt with if the club appoints someone with experience to assist him.

It could be that the club has never had a coach with the combination of qualifications & experience that Gary White has today. This could be the breakthrough job that he has been preparing himself for over the last 20 years.

I hope that ME is considering him at least.

If I’m honest I’d rather take a risk with Arsene Wenger. :lol: :lol: :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:00 am

The only part of the Gary White CV that looks fairly decent is his Shanghai Shenxin stint. Quite an impressive achievement, relative to the league he was competing in.

Quite willing to forget all his international jobs..... Taiwan, Bahamas etc........ No one gives a sh*t. He'd genuinely need to qualify for a World Cup with Taiwan before anyone noticed...... and even then, it'd be a case of, "Oh look, Taiwan are in the World Cup" then everyone reverts back to not giving a sh*t.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:09 am

Big increase in Cowley votes tonight?

Why?

The 4-2 away win? :lol:

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:25 pm

They said we’re going to send for ‘arry,
I said no, no, no.

(God forbid there’s the slightest shred of truth in.......) :astroll:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:09 pm

Cowley brothers have signed a new 4 year deal at Lincoln - Thank God for that !!!

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:12 am

hallamblue wrote:Cowley brothers have signed a new 4 year deal at Lincoln - Thank God for that !!!
Thank Fu*k for that. :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:06 am

Double thank f*ck

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:29 am

Sol Campbell linked with interview, please please say this isn't true. That guy is a knob of the highest order. One of the most opinionated people on the planet, i could not imagine him being someone to bring the fans back together.

I doubt it will happen but the fact its being rumored troubles me. I would prefer Gerrard 100% over him

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:37 am

Stevie G's first team talk.
Aw rrrrrright now shurrrrr up and leesen rrrright........, I've not got a ffffffookin kerlue what I'm supposed to be doing rrrrright, but it's a five point plan rrrrright, whatever the fffook that is. I think it means one win and two draws for the season , so let's gerrr out there and do that, rrrrright. Any questions?

Chambo: err, yeah, can I ask......?

Stevie: No, you fffookan can't. Gerrrr out there and makkkke it happen, rrrrright.

jimmyt

Post by jimmyt » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:00 am

Yes there's an article in the Telegraph today that mentions Campbell............

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... w-manager/

Not sure what to make of that but it's interesting to see Evans (if it's true) is being advised by Pleat. I don't mind Pleat at all but if you could pick anyone to act as a advisor on Championship football, I don't think he'd be top of many people's list!??

We'll see.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:02 am

charlton837 wrote:Sol Campbell linked with interview, please please say this isn't true. That guy is a knob of the highest order. One of the most opinionated people on the planet, i could not imagine him being someone to bring the fans back together.

I doubt it will happen but the fact its being rumored troubles me. I would prefer Gerrard 100% over him
Agreed .... just read in the EADT some of his comments.... about himself and management in general. Seems to think management is a doddle and without any coaching or managerial experinnce you can pick it up within 3 or 4 games. Big name, but seems delusional. Please move on.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:02 am

marko69 wrote:Stevie G's first team talk.
Aw rrrrrright now shurrrrr up and leesen rrrright........, I've not got a ffffffookin kerlue what I'm supposed to be doing rrrrright, but it's a five point plan rrrrright, whatever the fffook that is. I think it means one win and two draws for the season , so let's gerrr out there and do that, rrrrright. Any questions?

Chambo: err, yeah, can I ask......?

Stevie: No, you fffookan can't. Gerrrr out there and makkkke it happen, rrrrright.
lol to be clear I don't want either of them! But if I had to...

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:12 am

So with the confirmation of the Cowleys 4 year Lincoln contract, their odds have plummeted to 25/1. In other words, theyre officially out of the running. Surprised that they were favourites for so long as they always pushed themselves away from the job.

Shefki Kuqi ... 2/1 favourite !!! The bookies don’t have a clue.

If Shrewsbury can screw up the play-offs, then that’s the best leverage to get Hurst ( if we are going for a youngish upcoming manager).

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:43 am

Perhaps the hand of ‘arry is behind the Sol Campbell link; or there will be an be an experienced Director of Football appointed. That role would be consistent with overseeing the Club’s footballing philosophy, development squads, recruiting policy etc. - as outlined in ME’s interview. Joining all the dots. Cannot imagine ME would think of appointing an individual like Campbell without top cover. That said, an otherwise ‘experienced’ candidate might not be so willing to work under those conditions - don’t think MM would!

(Does the fact this story appears in the Telegraph give it more credibility than, say, the Sun?)

Interesting that the Cowley’s have now signed new deals. Given what happened 4 days after Paul Heckinbottom signed a new deal at Barnsley, they still shouldn’t be completely ruled out. It would be all about compensation due to Lincoln - but probably not going to happen, as ME won’t be keen to pay to get them.

Believe Stevie G is on Rangers’ radar?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:00 am

We can all sleep well....it WON'T be Sol Campbell, appointment end May/early August according to ME, waiting to get play offs out of the way before appointing Paul Hurst with any luck.....make it happen.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:52 am

Sol Campbell. :lol: :lol:
If he was appointed manager no doubt he would advise us all not to travel to Norwich away as we might be beaten to death by an inflatable canary.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:22 pm

Scott Parker now linked too, anyone think that we may be considering going down the recently retired players path? Seems a lot of the guys we are linked with are young, ex players who retired in the last few years. Could just be that all their agents are putting their names about but interesting nonetheless.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:38 pm

I don’t think we should. Should have some coaching/ managerial experience.

There’s been plenty of top players who can’t manage and clubs have found out the hard way.

A youngish upcoming manager fits my ideal because they’ve shown they have a taste for management. Also, they’ve earnt the right to take over a bigger club ( if we are ).The risk is at what level can their successfully manage at.

We seem to be getting just any kind of names pop up now. Don’t take it seriously TBH.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:59 pm

Campbell and Parker now included to the list only adds further substance that certain individuals don't have an idea of who will be appointed and you just got random names being thrown into play. Apparently Gerrard is one of the leading candidates for the Glasgow Rangers job saw mentioned sometime recent, so make of it what you will.

Say again (I) don't bother to check the updated favorites list as it's so random and apparently misleading it's hard to take any credibility from it.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:58 pm

And Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, :shock: :shock:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Interesting change of odds with Shefki Kuqi reduced to 2/1 with Bet Victor with Paul Cook going out to from favourite to 5/1.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:05 pm

ME ploy what better way to win the fans back than with a ex favorite player the flying finn....
Last Seen at PR 10 March in the fanzone...

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:17 pm

If ME decides to bring in a ‘young and up and coming’ manager, then I think Brian Kilug should be appointed as Club Director of Football. Such an appointment would make perfect sense on footballing, club ethos, understanding of supporters and community and retention of all playing staffs’ respect grounds. In many ways it’s a no brainier - assuming that BK would want to do it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:52 pm

Paul Hurst @ 16’s alongside , (drum roll) ...... WarFanny. :cry:

And it’s true, (sorry Charny, had to check) ....., kuqi 2/1F :shock: