Next Manager Rumour Thread (Poll Added 2/4/2018)

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Candidates for Next Manager

Cowley
15%
McClaren
4%
Grayson
1%
Mowbray
14%
Davies
No votes
Bilic
7%
Curbishly
3%
Clarke
6%
Burley
8%
Warburton
12%
Hurst
26%
Redknapp
2%
Pardew
3%

Total votes: 102

barmy billy

Re: Next Manager Rumour Thread (Poll Added 2/4/2018)

Post by barmy billy » Wed May 30, 2018 10:40 am

Very welcome news after what has seemed an eternity. Well done ME; you have kept your word and secured a manager who should bring a very different and much needed approach to that of MM.

Fingers crossed for exciting times ahead.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed May 30, 2018 10:54 am

GET IN!!!

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed May 30, 2018 11:13 am

Bit surprised with the 3 year deal. Thought it might of been 2 with a option. Lets hope he hits the ground running and the good times return. Then again anything is going to be better hopefully than the last 2 seasons. Welcome Paul Hurst and I hope you have left all your misfortune at Shrewsbury. :wink:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed May 30, 2018 11:57 am

Town and Ton appoint new managers on the same day.
Something is written in the stars! :lol: Still won't be putting any money on either getting their teams promoted next season though. :wink:
Good luck in your new jobs PH and RM.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:32 pm

Finally, the new chapter begins. I'm amazed at the accuracy of Bluemike's foresight...how on earth did you know it would be Hurst?!

Good luck Paul! COYB!!!!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:45 pm

9...... don’t be amazed. When bluemike joined the site, he actually wrote Bluemilne as a username but it was autocorrected to Bluemike!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:48 pm

You happy with Ray McKinnon, Shed? I think it’s a fantastic appointment. Very unfairly knee-jerked out the door at Dundee United. Should be a play off season for the ‘Ton.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:03 pm

marko69 wrote:9...... don’t be amazed. When bluemike joined the site, he actually wrote Bluemilne as a username but it was autocorrected to Bluemike!
Yeah he's definitely in the know. Bluemike was saying Hurst long before most people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hurst

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:08 pm

5’ 4.5”?

Fkn hell, Ronnie Corbett for Town boss! He looks taller in Shrewsbury touchline photos.

NOT THAT IT MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE YA C**TS!! Not a height racist! Just merely making an observation. :astroll:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed May 30, 2018 1:27 pm

marko69 wrote:You happy with Ray McKinnon, Shed? I think it’s a fantastic appointment. Very unfairly knee-jerked out the door at Dundee United. Should be a play off season for the ‘Ton.
marko
Yes very happy. As you say it seemed a knee-jerk reaction by Dundee United at the time and it certainly came back and bit them in the a*** by the end of the season. As far as I'm concerned hopefully it will be a case of their loss and our gain.
Interesting seasons ahead for both Town and the Ton.

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed May 30, 2018 1:56 pm

marko69 wrote:5’ 4.5”?

Fkn hell, Ronnie Corbett for Town boss! He looks taller in Shrewsbury touchline photos.

NOT THAT IT MAKES ANY DIFFERENCE YA C**TS!! Not a height racist! Just merely making an observation. :astroll:
Yep, buddy. As you must know, size don’t really matter......(much)! :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:13 pm

Oh it matters. Getting jars of pesto from the top shelf in Tesco?!

We are still on a height theme here are we?

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed May 30, 2018 2:23 pm

Good job his assistant is 6'2, compensating for something are we Paul?

Welcome to the club the pair of ya!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed May 30, 2018 2:39 pm

Not sure what to add to this issue. Could disclose not entirely pleased with the decision, don't think a manger of that nature is suited to the second level of English 'football', but anything after the mess McCarthy left behind has to be a bonus. Says the deal was achieved within last 24 hours, some argue it was sealed some two weeks before and for some reason it's been dragged on until now with a belated confirmation. Some Shrewsbury fans aren't happy about the approaches we have made and it all arrived at something of a mash for both parties involved.

What's done is done, I realize not everyone was in favor of this choice but at least allow him the opportunity to settle in and get this club back of it's as* and once again competitive. Says he has an attacking attitude and goes out to win, whether it comes to pass or it indeed works at a higher level is open to debate but f*ck it, can only accept the situation but as before, after the garbage provided by Magilton, Keane, Jewell etc, this could well be a move in the right direction / anything would appear an improvement from time before.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Ricco wrote:

Got to assume that's why he played at fullback then!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:59 pm

saint jude wrote:,......don't think a manger of that nature is suited to the second level of English 'football.......
Telling you Saint........ He’s the Fking MESSIAH!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed May 30, 2018 3:43 pm

Ricco wrote:

They say a picture paints a thousand words. That picture doesn’t portray positive, winning football.... they have faces which looks like they’re getting seriously humped :). Everyone has an off day.

Welcome to the club, Paul and CD.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:03 pm

SJ you talk as though most were against this decision. To be honest I think the vast majority are over the moon with this appointment?

I have only seen perhaps 2 or 3 comments on this forum to suggest otherwise and from reading the reaction to the appointment I think many people are very happy. In my view I couldn't be happier, don't think I could think of one realistic candidate that I would prefer more at this moment in time. Time will tell if that's right but I have a good feeling about this.

Hes got the ambition and sees us as a step up to prove he can do it at another level higher in the footballing pyramid, is it not nice to have someone finally who sees us as a step up and to have someone who really has the fire in his belly to achieve something, as oppose to the previous 3 managers who have all been managers that feel they have already achieved in the game and that we should feel thankful that they give us the time of day to manage our club

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 30, 2018 4:04 pm

Caption...."f*ck the national anthem, can't stand the Royals"

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Wed May 30, 2018 4:09 pm

marko69 wrote:
saint jude wrote:,......don't think a manger of that nature is suited to the second level of English 'football.......

No, hes a very naughty boy!!!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed May 30, 2018 4:22 pm

Caption:

PH thinking :” Why didn’t I pick Brian Flynn as my number 2?”.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 30, 2018 5:28 pm

number 9 wrote:
marko69 wrote:9...... don’t be amazed. When bluemike joined the site, he actually wrote Bluemilne as a username but it was autocorrected to Bluemike!
Yeah he's definitely in the know. Bluemike was saying Hurst long before most people.
Wish I was in the know mate LOL. I was following the job Paul Hurst had been doing and with all the facts etc it was quite remarkable, I just thought he was the perfect fit for our club under the constraints he will be faced with, add to that he plays decent football, knows the lower leagues and it's players, seems to be a great man motivator and above all else a decent person too, I think he will embrace what the real ITFC is all about, he is hungry to succeed and progress through the ranks and if down the line he is poached from us it will be good news as it will mean he has taken us forward in a positive way, nobody wants a failure. He was a name that I was familiar with, all this "Jack Ross" stuff has come about due to media hype and the fact we interviewed him twice, some have jumped on it but I ask this, how many Town fans came up with the name Jack Ross prior to the media stories, the answer is not One !!! He may go on to be the next Sir Alex although I have my doubts, yes he did a great job and I wish him well but winning a league containing Brechin City (the worst team ever), Dumbarton (who looked p*ss poor against Alloa), Falkirk, Morton, Queen Of The South, Livingston (who finished second and didn't shine against a really woeful Partick side) does not make me feel like he was a must to appoint, I do not believe it comes close to the quality of our League One which saw Shrewsbury rubbing shoulders with Blackburn, Wigan, Rotherham, Charlton, Plymouth etc. Don't accept second best, we haven't and I believe we will be pleased with the route we have gone down, of course it needs the backing of ME and the fans to make it work.

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed May 30, 2018 5:46 pm

marko69 wrote:Oh it matters. Getting jars of pesto from the top shelf in Tesco?!

We are still on a height theme here are we?
Last time I was in Tesco got clobbered by a tin of dog food, which bounced off me head from its top shelf location. Been barking mad ever since!

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed May 30, 2018 5:53 pm

marko69 wrote:

Still trying to get a Handel on SJ’s comments.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed May 30, 2018 6:10 pm

herforder wrote:
marko69 wrote:

Still trying to get a Handel on SJ’s comments.
I think he’s away in a manger.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 30, 2018 6:18 pm

That looks good !!!

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:31 pm

Bluemike wrote:
number 9 wrote:
Wish I was in the know mate LOL. I was following the job Paul Hurst had been doing and with all the facts etc it was quite remarkable, I just thought he was the perfect fit for our club under the constraints he will be faced with, add to that he plays decent football, knows the lower leagues and it's players, seems to be a great man motivator and above all else a decent person too, I think he will embrace what the real ITFC is all about, he is hungry to succeed and progress through the ranks and if down the line he is poached from us it will be good news as it will mean he has taken us forward in a positive way, nobody wants a failure. He was a name that I was familiar with, all this "Jack Ross" stuff has come about due to media hype and the fact we interviewed him twice, some have jumped on it but I ask this, how many Town fans came up with the name Jack Ross prior to the media stories, the answer is not One !!! He may go on to be the next Sir Alex although I have my doubts, yes he did a great job and I wish him well but winning a league containing Brechin City (the worst team ever), Dumbarton (who looked p*ss poor against Alloa), Falkirk, Morton, Queen Of The South, Livingston (who finished second and didn't shine against a really woeful Partick side) does not make me feel like he was a must to appoint, I do not believe it comes close to the quality of our League One which saw Shrewsbury rubbing shoulders with Blackburn, Wigan, Rotherham, Charlton, Plymouth etc. Don't accept second best, we haven't and I believe we will be pleased with the route we have gone down, of course it needs the backing of ME and the fans to make it work.
I am gutted didn't want Paul Hirst to get the job only so you were proved wrong :D :D

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:32 pm

Welcome to ITFC Paul

Looking forward to the new season

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 30, 2018 6:34 pm

LOL nevermind Marvin, everyone can have a pop if it goes tits up !!!!!!

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Bluemike wrote:LOL nevermind Marvin, everyone can have a pop if it goes tits up !!!!!!
It is all good :wink: