Next Manager Rumour Thread (Poll Added 2/4/2018)

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Candidates for Next Manager

Cowley
15%
McClaren
4%
Grayson
1%
Mowbray
14%
Davies
No votes
Bilic
7%
Curbishly
3%
Clarke
6%
Burley
8%
Warburton
12%
Hurst
26%
Redknapp
2%
Pardew
3%

Total votes: 102

herforder

Re: Next Manager Rumour Thread (Poll Added 2/4/2018)

Post by herforder » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:02 pm

marko69 wrote:Near future meaning before the season is over?
That’s the gist. Sooner the better.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:02 pm

Regarding the candidates list at the header of page weren't people against the idea of say Curbishley, McLaren or even having George return here. The former for one thing made a name for himself years back with clubs such as Charlton Athletic, but seems to have been below radar for some considerable time now.

Bilic was another than caused surprise, left West Ham after a poor tenure and doesn't seem to have the relevant managerial capabilities. Davies was a worthwhile inclusion but would expect any decision to be undertaken once the season is over with. Say again, no ex-players. Just would envisage it wouldn't work out in the club's best interests.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:06 pm

Be good to get over one hundred votes on that poll up there. Get a general feel for who people would definitely consider.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:56 pm

herforder wrote:Ian Milne has just stated that ME is going to give an on camera interview in the near future, setting out his strategy and plans for the club. Now THAT will be history in the making, and not before fuc*ing time! When it happens we need to hope that it contains some real substance, and, critically, connects with supporters.

Footnote; might have to wait a wee while for ME to sparkle. Apparently he’s on holiday in Barbados. Got a good hospitality deal, no doubt.
:x f*ck the on camera statement, give a f**king live interview statement at next home game on the pitch, come face to face with the fans and show some bollocks, stop f**king hiding you cretin, show us some real intent, No lies REAL INTENT ON WHAT YOU WILL DO FOR OUR CLUB.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:50 pm

How about none of the above names should have been in the poll.?
It will probably be someone under the radar and everyone will say did not see that one coming.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:53 pm

He’ll get a clearer message over on behind the scenes camera, Ash. Would you really want him doing a “live” talk on the pitch?! Recipe for disaster I think.

What about a compromise......., he gets his bollocks out on camera?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:05 pm

Good to hear that ME is finally going to do an interview in person as it were, about bloody time.

Also good to hear that apparently Steve McLaren was on the radio this afternoon stating that he has no desire for a new job in the Summer.....phew !!!

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:27 pm

marko69 wrote:He’ll get a clearer message over on behind the scenes camera, Ash. Would you really want him doing a “live” talk on the pitch?! Recipe for disaster I think.

Would be a great idea - solving the question ‘does he, or doesn’t he have any’!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:07 pm

marko69 wrote:He’ll get a clearer message over on behind the scenes camera, Ash. Would you really want him doing a “live” talk on the pitch?! Recipe for disaster I think.

:lol: :lol: I'll bet he aint got any,

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:22 pm

God I hope we don’t get Pardew now!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:33 pm

Yes !!!! My first choice, please be true !!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:14 am

Certainly sounds the perfect match for the Mevans regime.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:15 am

5 votes for Warburton? Jaysus H.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:39 am

marko69 wrote:5 votes for Warburton? Jaysus H.
Bit blasphemous for Easter Monday, although the irony is, the club (with news of McCarthy's departure) has started to rise from the dead.

Did some research on Warburton and his record at previous employers isn't anything exceptional. Lost more games than won at Nottingham Forest and did alright at Glasgow Rangers but take in mind this would have been when they were situated outside the SPL and facing just about every team they would expect to overcome.

Hope the club looks elsewhere but prepared to argue the point when an actual name has been confirmed. Mowbray while an ex-player commands respect and would doubtless be welcomed by a section of the support but not a name for everyone. The team requires someone with proven knowledge and the respectability of plaudits from others if we're really prepared to challenge.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:29 am

saint jude wrote:
marko69 wrote:5 votes for Warburton? Jaysus H.
Bit blasphemous for Easter Monday, although the irony is, the club (with news of McCarthy's departure) has started to rise from the dead.

Did some research on Warburton and his record at previous employers isn't anything exceptional. Lost more games than won at Nottingham Forest and did alright at Glasgow Rangers but take in mind this would have been when they were situated outside the SPL and facing just about every team they would expect to overcome.

Hope the club looks elsewhere but prepared to argue the point when an actual name has been confirmed. Mowbray while an ex-player commands respect and would doubtless be welcomed by a section of the support but not a name for everyone. The team requires someone with proven knowledge and the respectability of plaudits from others if we're really prepared to challenge.
SJ, if “the team requires someone with proven knowledge and the respectability of plaudits from others if we're really prepared to challenge” .... then that’s Mick McCarthy!!!

Do you ever hear or read the comments from analysts about our situation.... they are full of praise for Mick ... followed by be careful what you wish for....
Micks footballing knowledge and experience is not in question. That’s a big problem IMO as he knows far too much about football and that means he’s far too negative and focusing too hard on cutting out our mistakes and negating the opposition.

He’s actually made his reputation and has more to lose than to gain by taking risks. We need someone who sees us a step up and wants to make their reputation.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:11 am

Hirst

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:58 am

he will be on camera but probably shadowed out and have an actors voice overlayed,

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:32 am

SORRY CHAPS, THE POLL GOT EDITED AND WIPED EVERYONES SELECTIONS.

THERE'S A COUPLE OF NEW CHOICES ON THERE NOW AS AN UPSIDE TO THIS TECHNICAL DEBACLE.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:34 am

I note there’s a Clarke in the poll list.... that being Steve Clarke?

One name I see mentioned on TWTD was another Clarke.... Darrell Clarke of Bristol Rovers.

He’s a young manager with a good recent history behind him. Got relegated, but bounced back with two promotions. Currently, not really likely to get into the League One play offs and may feel he’s taken them as far as he can.

A couple of minor things in his favour which might attract some Town fans ... he turned down Norwich last year and his assistant is Marcus Stewart ( not that I’m into old boys returning necessarily ).

Could be one who we’re more likely we can attract here. Liked the fact he tasted relegation early on, but stuck at it and turned it around at Rovers.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:52 pm

odds slashed big time on Pardew, and in some cases betting suspended. Please god no.

I don't think this will happen but if it did (and this quickly) that would surely show a panic appointment. Im hoping people have put 2 and 2 together and got 5, odds are worked out by how much money is being lumped on them at the end of the day

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:17 pm

Surely not even ME would appoint Pardew. That really would be an utter disaster.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:25 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Yes !!!! My first choice, please be true !!!
Have to admit, when you first mention Hurst I didn't know anything about him. He does seem like the perfect fit for Evan's ITFC.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:27 pm

charlton837 wrote:odds slashed big time on Pardew, and in some cases betting suspended. Please god no.

I don't think this will happen but if it did (and this quickly) that would surely show a panic appointment. Im hoping people have put 2 and 2 together and got 5, odds are worked out by how much money is being lumped on them at the end of the day
If ME appoints Pardew, it will surely exemplify Evan's lack of knowledge of football. :astroll:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:54 pm

number 9 wrote:
charlton837 wrote:odds slashed big time on Pardew, and in some cases betting suspended. Please god no.

If ME appoints Pardew, it will surely exemplify Evan's lack of knowledge of football. :astroll:

You know what, appoint Pardew and we may as well have kept McCarthy.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:00 pm

I can’t say i’m inspired by any of the names on our current list. Unfortunately neither of my first choice Brits are available, firstly marmite manager Neil Warnock who knows the Championship so, well and second choice Gary Rowett.

Maybe we should take a leaf out of Wolves and Fulham’s book and look abroad to a manager who can bring something new to the club, rather than have more of the same. Clearly there’s no immediate rush and hopefully by taking his time ME can make an inspired choice and give us something to look forward to for the start of the coming season.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:49 am

Can’t believe that Pardew has become 6/4 favourites with the bookies.

Is this inside knowledge ... or just a knee-jerk reaction to a high-profile manager now out of work?

Don’t believe there’s any credibility to this. Evans would be crazy to even consider him. Pardew would be more likely - and wise- to take a job in China or the Middle East. His reputation has been shot to pieces over here and best for him to lie low for the moment until his credibility is ‘repaired’ by more manergerial f*ck-ups elsewhere. Can’t see it happening.... but scary to think of.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:13 am

That better not f**king happen!!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:11 am

I really cant see it happening because it would send out all the wrong signals, however I don't really trust ME and maybe he thinks he could get Pardew on the cheap at this moment in time.

Im fairly sure betting odds change depending on who puts money where, maybe a lot of outsiders put money on Pardew, but im not sure I can see it happening. If it does im with the rest of you, id be mega pissed off

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:17 am

Would the last numbskull leaving PR turn out the lights!

Best Victor Melrose voice here: ‘Alan Pardew? I don’t fuc*ing belieeeeve it!’ Worrying thing is, bookies seem to have mastered the black arts, and quite often get it right. It cannot happen.

Local press today carrying a headline: ‘Burley says get Mogga’. Unlikely to happen, but if it came to a choice between him Pardew......’nuff said!