Next Manager Rumour Thread (Poll Added 2/4/2018)

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Candidates for Next Manager

Cowley
15%
McClaren
4%
Grayson
1%
Mowbray
14%
Davies
No votes
Bilic
7%
Curbishly
3%
Clarke
6%
Burley
8%
Warburton
12%
Hurst
26%
Redknapp
2%
Pardew
3%

Total votes: 102

Tangfastic

Re: Towns Next Manager Rumour Thread

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:01 pm

Magicmark wrote:Whoever is appointment as the new manager should expect to hear lots of booing & moaning if the results dont go our way ;)

Why’s that?

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:05 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Magicmark wrote:Whoever is appointment as the new manager should expect to hear lots of booing & moaning if the results dont go our way ;)

Why’s that?
OK name an Ipswich manager who has had an easy time from the fans?..I can't think of any from the past. Maybe Bobby Robson,but he i believe got sh*t to in the early years.

The only Ipswich Manager who has had an easy’ish time in recent years was George Burley who in my opinion didn’t fully deserve it

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:04 pm

:roll: Your right Magic he did, but once he had the time to bring in and use of the young guns, we were flying, Mick had 6 years to sort it out, and we are just a mid table also run team, so lets see who comes in, I'm hoping its Steve McLaren and his buy out consortium team, new start new future, new owners, if not we want someone who will have the insight and know how of killing teams off with fast attacking football, not ALL THIS MASS DEFENCIVE sh*t at home that Mick churns out, I'm like Shed cant wait for end of the season :D :D .

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:35 pm

Magicmark wrote:
tangfastic wrote:

Why’s that?
OK name an Ipswich manager who has had an easy time from the fans?..I can't think of any from the past. Maybe Bobby Robson,but he i believe got sh*t to in the early years.
That ends up happening at virtually every club in the country. Actually I’d suggest at ipswich the fans in general are quite patient in comparison to many other places.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:20 pm

You are not going to believe this, Ash, but I was in London today and I bumped into JP McEnroe.
He asked me to ask you: “Steve McLaren? You cannot be serious? Is that chalk dust on your jumper?”

No idea what he means with the chalk dust reference, but holy shoot, Ash. You are serious with the Steve McLaren thing eh? It’s not a wind up?

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:41 pm

Alex Neil would be a better option than Maclaren..Whoever comes in will no doubt get sod all to spend on quality players.M.E needs to sell for us to move forward.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:31 am

Understand from a source close to ME that he’s been in close touch with Leicester University, who have been working on a project to produce a robotic football manager. The artificial intelligence capability has advanced to the point that makes this a genuine option. Given minimal maintenance costs involved, and a thick-skin coming as standard, ME very keen to be the first owner to embrace the technology. Going to call it Metal Mickey 2! :wink:

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:56 am

herforder wrote:Understand from a source close to ME that he’s been in close touch with Leicester University, who have been working on a project to produce a robotic football manager. The artificial intelligence capability has advanced to the point that makes this a genuine option. Given minimal maintenance costs involved, and a thick-skin coming as standard, ME very keen to be the first owner to embrace the technology. Going to call it Metal Mickey 2! :wink:
:lol: Now thats the best suggestion so far & metal Mickey was my favourite programme as a kid :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Danny Cowley now evens with BetVictor.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:15 pm

Didn't recognize the name, had to search to realize (he) is manager of Lincoln. Maybe embarrassing due in fact to the FA Cup debacle with them, but in fairness was more focused on our own deficiencies and issues at the time than an opposition team coach.

First impression seem a bit skeptical. Doubtless has done a commendable job at Lincoln but it's a considerable step up to the Championship League. Doesn't seem to possess the required managerial knowledge or experience to be a candidate at this club.

That's not to say he's a poor choice, he has achievements elsewhere, but would appear unsuitable for the imminent vacancy.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:55 pm

Bluemike wrote:Danny Cowley now evens with BetVictor.

In terms of likelihood, what does that mean Mike?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:41 pm

In bookies terms quite likely

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:29 am

marko69 wrote:It’s basically all those supporters who hurl abuse for 90 (+ 8 minutes these days) then get in their Audi’s and tailgate some poor b*stard for ten miles. Those c*nts.

Disclaimer: If you read this and you own an Audi, and the above doesn’t apply....., Don’t be offended, be grateful to be so fking unique.

pr*ck :lol: :lol:

Frosty
Forum Owner

Re: Towns Next Manager Rumour Thread (Poll Added 2.4.2018)

Post by Frosty » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:59 am

poll added

YOU CAN SELECT UP TO 3 DIFFERENT NAMES

Tangfastic

Re: Next Manager Rumour Thread (Poll Added 2/4/2018)

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:12 am

Is this who you think will be manager or who you want as manager?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:27 am

Frosty wrote:
marko69 wrote:It’s basically all those supporters who hurl abuse for 90 (+ 8 minutes these days) then get in their Audi’s and tailgate some poor b*stard for ten miles. Those c*nts.

Disclaimer: If you read this and you own an Audi, and the above doesn’t apply....., Don’t be offended, be grateful to be so fking unique.

Sorry Frosty, can't tolerate that, you are banned.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:32 am

tangfastic wrote:Is this who you think will be manager or who you want as manager?
I've voted on "Think" not "want"

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:36 am

Early days of the poll but Warburton has two votes already?! Unbelievable. So very disappointed if he becomes Ipswich boss.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:39 am

Frosty wrote:

:lol: I trust you are in the unique bracket, Frosty! Unlike my brother. Now there is a proper pr*ck! :lol:

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:14 am

Curbishley and Burley included in poll! Really? And why no Harry Redknob?

In the main that list comprises a clique of managers who have done the rounds and failed in one way or another, plus another whose team gave us a beating in the Cup. Is that enough to qualify him? Each season you get Cup giant killing acts, but does that mean automatic qualification for advancement? Of course it doesn't.

I hope Evans thinks more outside the box than that list, for all our sakes.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:17 am

I still want Paul Hurst, Nathan Jones or Steve Clarke but voted on the poll as to who I "think" it may be.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:52 am

Add Pardew to the list... that’s definitely not a want.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:10 pm

tangfastic wrote:Add Pardew to the list... that’s definitely not a want.
Agreed. God forbid Pardew is considered.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:24 pm

barmy billy wrote:
tangfastic wrote:Add Pardew to the list... that’s definitely not a want.
Agreed. God forbid Pardew is considered.
Agreed. Like McClaren another potential appointment that sends a shiver down the spine.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:28 pm

marko69 wrote:You are not going to believe this, Ash, but I was in London today and I bumped into JP McEnroe.
He asked me to ask you: “Steve McLaren? You cannot be serious? Is that chalk dust on your jumper?”

No idea what he means with the chalk dust reference, but holy shoot, Ash. You are serious with the Steve McLaren thing eh? It’s not a wind up?
Marco: I'm looking long term for the club, if McLaren gets appointed and his consortium stick to their word of a buy out, why not give it a whirl, it could be the consortium would invest in getting Ipswich up to the Premiership, although everyone thinks McLaren is a bad idea, I'm thinking a means to end the Evans ownership, which to me has been the bugbear of holding the club back, I dare say the with the proper investment Mick might just have got us up, but we will never know now, so lets remove the main sticking point i.e. Invisible Evans and make progress.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:43 pm

Already I see the shift of blame from MM to ME growing faster and faster and while some have always had this view many are now crossing over to that viewpoint now Mick is all but gone, it's no more than I expected but reading across forums and social media it really is laughable.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:23 pm

I’m all for a new owner, Ash, I have been since some attending supporters (both home & away) have been calling for the guys head......., but similar to Shed, ..... the thought of McLaren sends genuine shivers down the spine.

There must be another consortium out there interested in Ipswich Town Football Club. How the hell have shitty Barnsley attracted interest? Even Cardiff City? Who the fk cares?

ITFC have a history......, ok yes, it’s fast becoming an ancient history....... but it’s a history that everyone 48 years and over remembers vividly, and that’s not just people from Suffolk...... everyone in Europe interested in football remembers ITFC. Why is there no consortium out there eager to attempt to restore the fairytale era of this great club? Barnsley?????

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:24 pm

Ian Milne has just stated that ME is going to give an on camera interview in the near future, setting out his strategy and plans for the club. Now THAT will be history in the making, and not before fuc*ing time! When it happens we need to hope that it contains some real substance, and, critically, connects with supporters.

Footnote; might have to wait a wee while for ME to sparkle. Apparently he’s on holiday in Barbados. Got a good hospitality deal, no doubt.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:32 pm

Near future meaning before the season is over?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:37 pm

Mowbray way out in front of the poll so far.

McLaren 3
Warburton 4
??????

Let’s pray this Easter Monday.