Next Manager Rumour Thread (Poll Added 2/4/2018)

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Candidates for Next Manager

Cowley
15%
McClaren
4%
Grayson
1%
Mowbray
14%
Davies
No votes
Bilic
7%
Curbishly
3%
Clarke
6%
Burley
8%
Warburton
12%
Hurst
26%
Redknapp
2%
Pardew
3%

Total votes: 102

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Re: Next Manager Rumour Thread (Poll Added 2/4/2018)

Post by TODD66 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:20 pm

saint jude wrote:There were a lot of viable candidates available during the past few weeks throughout the ongoing "search" that were overlooked / never approached / not appointed including a range of names that have been proven at a higher level and the sum total being the club took a risk / decision on a name from League One - a name that was unable to even navigate a promotion from it's own respective division. Cue "Yes but they've been involved in a vast number of games and challenges up until the final event" - but that's a hardly a unique situation for any one club side. What's so special about Hurst or his (ex) employers that they warrant special attention.

Another element that doesn't sit right being Evans seems to have received a considerable number of plaudits in recent days after the appointment i.e. well done, f*ck me what an inspired choice etc. Lo and behold for the best part of ten years of his "ownership" he remained in the shadows not lifting a goddamn finger when the club required assistance and seems the best part of those who held any animosity his way now view him as some level of savior. Maybe it's due in part (as believe someone mentioned) the club has been on a downward spiral to such an extent the past 10 years any change would seem cause for celebration.

This can only continue down a blind alley. One further time initial reaction to the Hurst appointment was one of disappointment maybe even regret, as a follower of ITFC for more years than can remember think I've earned the right to choose opinion and bottom line, the new manager may offer stability but as with a number of other names before him not someone who can take the club where we need to be at i.e. the EPL. First and foremost that is the primary objective. Can Hurst deliver it, to all intents and purposes I believe not.

Attempted the last few days to register with a leading Shrewsbury forum to offer opinion and participate in this issue but this was at time when the switch between clubs was being finalized. Got an idea the board administrators view fans of this club as laid back Yokel types ploughing fields and chewing tobacco, with an abundance of time at their disposal. Kind of lost interest in that particular objective at present time.
Yokels??!! :shock: :lol:

Have you been to Shropshire/Shrewsbury SJ?

I have as that is where my Mothers family are from and where aunts and cousins still live.

Someone is having a laugh. Both towns and counties are very much alike - which face it, is why I like both - a lot!!

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:55 pm

Bluemike wrote:f*ck my life!!!! Why do I suffer this
Got to laugh Mike.

Seems Paul is off to a loser even before hardly stepping in the door from some "fans".. Sheeesh give him a chance please.

Would also like to hear names SJ like been mentioned from another poster

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:32 pm

Well it appears there's still a chasm between the ITFC faithful and their preference for manager. Undoubtedly, there are still a few Mick-Lovers and traditionalists left in the midst. I do respect others opinions (to a degree), but I'm having trouble respecting the apparent moaning about Hurst before we've even kicked a ball under his tutelage. Granted, it is quite possible for the upcoming season to go 'tits-up'. However, in my opinion out of the names that have been mentioned to replace MM: Paul Hurst is the most qualified who fits the mold of ME's plan.

He's only 43, yet he's been involved with management since 2009. He's had limited to prodigious success on smaller budgets. He carries a Uefa A Coaching License. ITFC is a step up for his management career which gives Hurst even more motivation to succeed.

Most of the dinosaurs mentioned (with the exception of Neil Warnock) do not have any idea of how to achieve success on a small budget.

Lampard and Gerrard both look like sexy appointments on paper...but they have no experience managing a first team squad. They're both accustomed to being in an environment of extremely talented players and massive budgets.

Let's at least give Hurst half a season before we we completely write him off. We gave MM a fuckin eternity to figure things out, so Paul at least deserves a few months in charge.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:45 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Got to laugh Mike.

Seems Paul is off to a loser even before hardly stepping in the door from some "fans".. Sheeesh give him a chance please.

Listen we all have an opinion and as long as people come up with reasoned response like Rossi and Charny thats fine but the utter drivel from errr you know actually makes me angry. I just dont like the smoothing of a path to say "it's failed, I told you so" when failing to come up with anything remotely sensible as an alternative!! Oh and for the record I couldnt give a f*ck how Lampard does tbh, I like him as a person but as a manager time will tell, glad we dodged that one.

And Number9, spot on, well said, i was pro MM longer than most but Paul Hurst being appointed is just what I wanted but with our fans the job will be harder than maybe it should be.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Steve and Jo wrote:
Got to laugh Mike.

Listen we all have an opinion and as long as people come up with reasoned response like Rossi and Charny thats fine but the utter drivel from errr you know actually makes me angry. I just dont like the smoothing of a path to say "it's failed, I told you so" when failing to come up with anything remotely sensible as an alternative!! Oh and for the record I couldnt give a f*ck how Lampard does tbh, I like him as a person but as a manager time will tell, glad we dodged that one.

And Number9, spot on, well said, i was pro MM longer than most but Paul Hurst being appointed is just what I wanted but with our fans the job will be harder than maybe it should be.
If anybody comes out later saying "I told you so" yet they were for ousting Mick out then they seriously need to look at themselves.

Still like to hear on names from SJ because if wanting an experienced manager we had one of the best. One who raffled few feathers granted but he was one of the best. Fair enough most fans it seems wanted a change. Okay you got it. To hear from some on here often wonder what they expect?

Who exactly were you expecting to walk through the door? The second coming god whole mighty?

Lets keep it real, give the man a chance. If he fails then look at what we had and most wanted him out. I wasn't one ever to want Mick out because quite often the grass is not always greener the other side. Its happened though, hes gone but i am willing to give Paul and his new coaching staff time. Wish some others would

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:27 pm

One of the strengths of this site is that it acts as a catalyst for the widest spectrum of opinions. Most folk are, for the most part, tolerant and respectful of opinions contrary to their own, and happy to discuss and debate - but all against a common denominator of wanting only the best for the club.

Then there’s StJ. :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:44 pm

saint jude wrote:Another element that doesn't sit right being Evans seems to have received a considerable number of plaudits in recent days after the appointment i.e. well done, f*ck me what an inspired choice etc. Lo and behold for the best part of ten years of his "ownership" he remained in the shadows not lifting a goddamn finger when the club required assistance and seems the best part of those who held any animosity his way now view him as some level of savior. Maybe it's due in part (as believe someone mentioned) the club has been on a downward spiral to such an extent the past 10 years any change would seem cause for celebration.
:lol: Yet another memorable post, Saint.

The part underlined above......... Mevans clearly wanted Paul Hurst, and how he and his staff went about the process really does deserve the plaudits.

The part in bold, I personally would put down to Roy Keane being the largest arsehole to walk the planet.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:08 pm

It's weird how Paul Hurst is being received with mixed opinion due to his past at lower league level and yet I have asked the question several times as to why some jumped on the Jack Ross bandwagon despite nobody mentioning him before ME showed interest in him, he seemed popular despite no bugger knowing who he was, his name wasn't suggested by a single fan and because we chose to pursue our number one target the insinuation is there that we've picked the wrong guy, I repeat, Brechin, Dumbarton, Queen of the South, Falkirk etc, I love scottish football but really?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:13 pm

I think most were just sold on Jack as the person. He came across very well on that interview and he seems very articulate and bright. Certainly wouldn’t have been an embarrassment for the club in interviews like so many other managers out there.

On the field? Well, we will genuinely never know from the ITFC perspective.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Yes Marko but I don't think being sold on Ross should potentially be used as a stick to beat Hurst with and there is already a slight danger of that happening especially if Ross starts well which lets be honest he should do.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:44 am

The idea of Ross did grow on me the more I looked in to him. However I wanted Hurst if we could get him.

From what the EADT is reporting sounds like if we wanted Ross we would have got him so it's not like he decided against us in favour of Sunderland IMO

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:36 am

marko69 wrote:
saint jude wrote:Another element that doesn't sit right being Evans seems to have received a considerable number of plaudits in recent days after the appointment i.e. well done, f*ck me what an inspired choice etc. Lo and behold for the best part of ten years of his "ownership" he remained in the shadows not lifting a goddamn finger when the club required assistance and seems the best part of those who held any animosity his way now view him as some level of savior. Maybe it's due in part (as believe someone mentioned) the club has been on a downward spiral to such an extent the past 10 years any change would seem cause for celebration.
:lol: Yet another memorable post, Saint.

The part underlined above......... Mevans clearly wanted Paul Hurst, and how he and his staff went about the process really does deserve the plaudits.

The part in bold, I personally would put down to Roy Keane being the largest arsehole to walk the planet.
Agree that Evans should be given credit for seemingly pinpointing the manager of choice and then ensuring that he got him in place. Evans has largely had a lot of negative criticism over the last 10 years, but if he appears to have achieved his objective of nailing down his first choice - then it’s only fair to give credit. Whether Hurst is the right or wrong option will only be proven over time, but at this stage it looks like he had some kind of plan which he followed through. Very concerned at some stage we appoint a distant 4th or 5th choice.

I’m really keen to know who SJ actually would have wanted and why? Got no problem if Paul Hurst is not anyone’s first choice or is underwhelmed, but to add context and clarity to the discussion how about listing the alternative option/s to Hurst and to explain the reason why. Otherwise, it just comes across as some indecipherable, over-blown wind-baggery without any point, other than sticking the boot in.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:47 am

Reluctant to criticise anyone for expressing an opinion; on forums such as this, all are equally valid, and ultimately affect nothing other than some posters’ tolerance levels!

StJ’s recent post, however, is puzzling because it’s rooted in a completely skewed reality of what the modern—day ITFC is all about. Without fully ‘getting it’ - eg a mid table C’ship club, not without ambition, but subject to the realities and constraints imposed upon it by a reclusive individual, who is only able or prepared to commit modest amounts of funding - will inevitably result in perpetual disappointment. But, in the absence of any other takers, without this owner’s continued engagement, there might be no club. Of course that’s far from perfect, particularly with those supporters who recall those long-gone halcyon days, when the landscape was light years from today’s realities.

I think PH’s appointment reflects where we stand under ME’s ownership, and should be viewed as a decision that, whilst not without risk, demonstrates a willingness to break the mould and try something different - just as he said he was going to do. It fits today’s reality.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:59 am

saint jude wrote:There were a lot of viable candidates available during the past few weeks throughout the ongoing "search" that were overlooked / never approached / not appointed including a range of names that have been proven at a higher level and the sum total being the club took a risk / decision on a name from League One - a name that was unable to even navigate a promotion from it's own respective division.
tangfastic wrote:I’m really keen to know who SJ actually would have wanted and why? Got no problem if Paul Hurst is not anyone’s first choice or is underwhelmed, but to add context and clarity to the discussion how about listing the alternative option/s to Hurst and to explain the reason why. Otherwise, it just comes across as some indecipherable, over-blown wind-baggery without any point, other than sticking the boot in.
Never been one to stir the pot, (except in company of fellow Hibees who are guilty of the phrase coined by Tang; “wind baggery”) ...... But the above is a very good example of diplomatically asking for an explanation to a comment made on an open forum. Some just let it go...... some just wanna know! It’s refreshing.

Over to you Saint. Let’s hear it. Cotter? Holloway?

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:21 am

marko69 wrote:
saint jude wrote:There were a lot of viable candidates available during the past few weeks throughout the ongoing "search" that were overlooked / never approached / not appointed including a range of names that have been proven at a higher level and the sum total being the club took a risk / decision on a name from League One - a name that was unable to even navigate a promotion from it's own respective division.
tangfastic wrote:I’m really keen to know who SJ actually would have wanted and why? Got no problem if Paul Hurst is not anyone’s first choice or is underwhelmed, but to add context and clarity to the discussion how about listing the alternative option/s to Hurst and to explain the reason why. Otherwise, it just comes across as some indecipherable, over-blown wind-baggery without any point, other than sticking the boot in.
Never been one to stir the pot, (except in company of fellow Hibees who are guilty of the phrase coined by Tang; “wind baggery”) ...... But the above is a very good example of diplomatically asking for an explanation to a comment made on an open forum. Some just let it go...... some just wanna know! It’s refreshing.

Over to you Saint. Let’s hear it. Cotter? Holloway?
For goodness sake let it all go: no good will come of it. SJ is quite eccentric (I'm all for that) with his views and the way he expresses them. Leave him alone.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:55 am

:lol: Oh dear. It’s a f**king playground now.

No worries. Leave him alone. Jaysus Fking H! :roll:

I’ll go start a new thread.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:49 am

I don't need no individuals taking sides / fighting a corner : been in place long enough to take on own battles. Believe some participants required an answer for potential candidates. Was in two minds over disclosing such information, got tired of any issue degenerating into hostilities but wouldn't want to appear hiding away or not facing up to responsibilities.

Fact of the matter is we got Paul Hurst, fair enough everyone's had their say and no good will come of it now wishing for anything different. But : may as well admit had names in mind that believe were feasible options including some but not all :

# Ranieri
# Michael Laudrup
# Strachan (bias in that won't hide from it, did a commendable job for Celtic on past occasion)
# Derek McInnes
# Martin O Neil
# Ted Howe
# Chris Hughton

Bottom line some will (have) viewed the above list as viable candidates, others would in so many words "see fit to disagree"

Still made feeling clear on what eventually transpired, I look to what's best for the club, if that entails finding issue with decisions such as we have witnessed this week then so be it. But f*ck it, (I will) allow Hurst that chance and see where it takes us. I'm not expecting miracles or even a promotion and that will cover the majority of the fanbase, but can argue that for the most part we've all had it tough and been sick of the underachievement this club has witnessed for a decade and half. People want to take issue that's their business, say again have provided enough years to following the club side to present opinion.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:34 am

I'm glad you've put some names up SJ, I think the problem is people won't accept criticism unless you back it up with reasoning and that was lacking, I think the only name you mentioned in passing was Warnock and he's just gone up with Cardiff, so is thoroughly unavailable. You can't have a discussion with someone who just says "don't like it" and doesn't really say why or offer an alternative.

Back to your post... I just think you may have a very distorted view of what our club currently is, we are not a particularly attractive prospect at the moment, as much as it pains me to admit it. We have the 16th biggest crowds in the division, we did well to finish 12th, our owner won't spend a penny or publicly defend/support his manager, we're 3rd favourites for the drop and the last 4 managers have left with either their reputation dented or in tatters... that's not a particularly sexy job advert! If you look at it like that, then Paul Hurst looks like a gift from God!

The league tables say we are the 32nd best team in the country and Shrewsbury are the 47th, so there's not a huge gulf between us and them, Hurst getting the job isn't like some Sunday league manager getting the England job. League One has some huge teams in it currently, many of whom finished below Shrewsbury who were touted to come second bottom, and Hurst achieved what he did with a fraction of their budgets.

Moving back to your suggestions, they're just not at all realistic I'm afraid, like even slightly...

# Ranieri - a recent Premier league winning manager, interested in the job description above?! Probably wanting wages Abramovic would struggle with?!!
# Michael Laudrup - Currently 20/1 for the Real Madrid job (not kidding) and what has he done exactly, even if we better the wage he's getting in Qatar?
# Strachan - Not managed a club side for 8 years, his win percentages with English teams - 32% 35% 28%
# Derek McInnes - Only term in English football was to oversee Bristol City get relegated from the championship with a 26% win record
# Martin O Neil - Manager of an international football team and considers himself Premier standard (though many would disagree)
# Ted Howe - Eddie Howe? These last two are both Premier League managers with established clubs, what have you been smoking at this point SJ?!
# Chris Hughton - And he and O'Neil have managed the scum... never helps...

I've tried to be gentle, but I think your image of Ipswich might be stuck in about 1980.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:28 am

SJ, Appreciate your reply.

Not going to add anything further about your options as Ricco has pretty much summed it all up pretty well for me, regarding feasibility. Out of your wish list, I would love Eddie Howe to be a possibility, but there’s not even a snowballs chance in Hell of that being on the cards. He would have been far more likely to be on Arsenal’s or Everton’s radar, than a static, under-resourced mid-table Championship side.

Good to see a reply from you nonetheless... and a credit point for not naming Pardew as a possibility.:)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:17 am

Shrewsbury and Grimsby fans have their say on the job new Ipswich boss Paul Hurst did while in charge of their clubs, prior to his move to Portman Road.

SHREWSBURY

Glyn Price from the Blue and Amber Podcast on the job Hurst did at Salop, where he transformed a struggling side into one just a win shy of the Championship.

Doing it in style

When he came in we didn’t really know a lot about him but he had a good record at a lower level, so there were concerns about him stepping up, but within a month he had turned our home form around and had a bunch of players who had been spiritless and rudderless playing in an organised way.

You could see something was in the offing and keeping us in League One the previous season was just as miraculous of everything that has happened in the last season to be honest.

It was a joy to watch at times.

He adapted his style twice because when he came in and we were about to get relegated he played a very solid, structured, 4-4-2 that made us hard to beat. But when he had the chance to build his first team last summer he brought in the players he wanted so adapted to one up front with a three-man midfield with pacy, attacking wingers and a solid back four. That’s what our success was built on.

If you base it on this season he likes to play with a very structured defensive unit and then let his attacking players show a bit of flair. Mainly on the counter attack.

Maybe he will adapt again.

One thing you will get with Paul Hurst is a well-drilled back line and you will be hard to break down. There is an art in that. Some people don’t enjoy it but, for me personally, I found it a joy to watch how hard it was to score goals against us.

If you don’t let a goal in, you only need one to win.

He is very consistent. You could name the players week-in, week out unless there were injuries.

Galvanising a fan base

Results are the main thing in football of course but the group of players he sent out onto the pitch had so much passion and their drive and commitment was incredible. That brought everyone together.

We have had loan players come in from all over the country in the past and some of them just haven’t looked bothered, but Paul brought in players who were motivated and were loving the club – they engaged with the fans, too and that was great.

Everything he said in the press was a bit ‘us against them’ and the fans were included in that. We were the underdogs and he was building us up.

‘Paul Hurst Way’

We went on a club-record unbeaten run and a road side with ‘Paul Hurst Way’ on it just appeared quite soon after that. Nobody knows who put it there.

We had a new roundabout built near the stadium and it had a new path through the middle of it for pedestrians on the way to the game. It’s been known as the Paul Hurst Way since then and it’s still there now.

I don’t know what we will be doing with it. I think there is a bit of discussion about naming it after a longer-term legend but, in all honesty, regardless of everything that happened he is a legend himself.

Graham Turner took us up in the 1970s and in the 2000s, which is a gap pretty much unheard of, but then Paul is probably the second best manager we’ve had since the 1950s.

There is justification to look back on him as one of the best we’ve had.

GRIMSBY

Rich Mills from fan website Cod Almighty on Hurst’s work in Cleethorpes, which saw him win promotion to the Football League in 2016.

Team spirit and splitting the fans

He has a really good spirit within his squads and he does it by not having any stars and having a wage structure which is as flat as possible.

A lot of our players and ex-players are still in touch. The promotion squad still have their WhatsApp group and are still in touch. You see them on Twitter talking to each other.

I know we were a big side with big support in the Conference but we didn’t have the financial backing of many of the other sides. When things tailed off in the months before the play-offs, Hurst and the squad had a ‘them against the world’ mentality because the fans really got on the players’ and manager’s backs.

After the first leg of the play-off semi-finals (home loss to Braintree in 2016), some idiot strung a ‘Hurst out’ banner across the bridge coming into Grimsby. But they turned it round in the second leg and won us promotion at Wembley.

But there was always a section of the support who thought he was too cautious and played the margins, defensive when he needed to and with a system.

The squad loved him, but some of the fans didn’t appreciate what they had at the time. It’s a real shame.

There is also a section of support who think he got rid of too many players after we got promoted, but it was more likely due to the board not backing him and giving proper contracts to the players. We lost some good players like Padraig Amond – some blame the manager rather than the club.

Leaving on a high

He is quite a blunt bloke and will say things in public which some managers won’t. He will occasionally say things in interviews about fans not backing the team and come out with it. Also, he knocked heads with our board because he wanted a fitness coach because his backroom staff was very small – essentially him and Chris Doig – they were doing everything including the fitness side of things.

He dragged us up, I believe he wanted to stay, but he lost a lot of players he didn’t want to lose and had to do some last-minute shopping. But before he left it was all looking pretty good.

One of his last games was away at Luton and we were brilliant. We took them apart and it was wonderful. We were watching one-touch, passing football in triangles all round the park and we were playing through them.

Recruitment

It has always been his thing to spot rough diamonds or underachieving players – or those who were great in a bad squad.

If you look at what is left of his Shrewsbury squad now, it’s that kind of thing. It’s players who have never really achieved anything but, when brought in by Hurst, they are superstars. Jon Nolan is a really good example of that.
Some interesting thoughts from fans of other clubs who have been served by PH, the highlighted bit made me chuckle, will get plenty of opportunity to do that here.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:14 pm

Very interesting, yes the fan criticising is interesting, but there's a right way and a wrong way to go about it, hopefully it doesn't get to that.

The one thing that did make me switch to preferring Ross once or twice was the fact Shrewsbury only scored 60 last year, boring negativity is not the vein the fans want to continue in. But Grimsby were far more free scoring under Hurst, perhaps it was just Shrewsbury not having the quality of other teams and needing to adopt more cautious tactics? Sounds a bit familiar though.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:58 pm

An interesting collection of views and opinions - the majority positive from his time
at both clubs

Other local media pieces, from those who know him professionally or personally, similarly positive regarding his qualities and abilities. Someone said that his fairly softly-spoken, thoughtful demeanour belies a fierce ambition and core oif steel. I think he’s also media-savy, having studied it in an academic environment, and held a related post at Rotherham very early on. Might come in very useful!

Relative to ME’s ownership, level of investment and how that defines where we sit within the wider picture, I’m even more certain that PH is the best fit for us.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:51 pm

Just a little on his assistant too, Chris Doig, who was a centre back and played a couple of seasons alongside Chambers at Northampton. I don't know if Chambers has welcomed them to the club officially, seems a bit quiet for club captain, seem to hear more from Skuse these days??

Looks like a proper dour Scotsman, the interview below was after only a few games of the season and after a win too! I love his Kimi Raikkonen-esque answer to a stupid question at about the 50 second mark. Wouldn't want to cross him too often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqiiuDZlQXA

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:27 pm

Deputy Doig - pretty fearsome. Classic good cop, bad cop, duo.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:38 pm

He seems a bundle of fun lol

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:08 am

Haven’t heard of him but wiki’d some info and he sounds like a very smart guy.

Youth at QOS, then only played 1 year professionally there before heading south to Nott’m Forest........ and not coming back to Scotland. Obviously not hard enough to cope with Scottish football but knowing where the “decent” football is played speaks volumes. He’ll be ok for ITFC.

Good luck Chris.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:35 am

I'm sure I am not alone in being really excited about next season. Apart from the odd comment I kept out of the new manager debate as I had no particular favourite, but I think ME played his cards close to his chest and has produced a manager to be excited about.

Where the hell does he start though? It is going to be very interesting see as, unlike MM and those before him he is not a big name and has to prove himself. I hope we are going to be pleasantly surprised.