Paul Hurst

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Paul Hurst

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:05 am

Read this and hope like me that Town try and get him in....

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... to-the-top

Tangfastic

Re: Paul Hurst

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:19 am

hallamblue wrote:Read this and hope like me that Town try and get him in....

He’s obviously focusing on promotion with Shrewsbury at the moment.

Just looking at the table.... Blackburn, Wigan, Shrewsbury ... it’s going to be two automatic promotion places out of those three.

Could it be we wait for the unlucky manager ( Mowbray, Hurst or Cook) to swoop? Not sure we have the power to prise a promoted manager away. Could be all three are promoted via play-offs, which is a lottery.

With these three (and Cowley and Jones) tied up to the end of the season with promotion pushes, we might have to wait until well into May/ June before we get something in place. Or we get Warburton, Pardew, McClaren or Grayson.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:30 am

id be really pleased if we managed to get Paul Hurst but im not sure we will. Im not sure we will get any of the decent managers currently in a job, especially the ones at the top end of league 1. We may have half a shot at Danny Cowley but we would have to wait until end of season.

Cmon Marcus, prove us wrong. I know it sounds like quite a few have put their applications in for the job, id like to see us identify who we feel is the correct man to take us forward and us headhunt for the right man for us, that doesn't always mean we will get them but we don't need to just take the first person who approaches us. Im happy to wait 5-6 weeks to get the right man

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:20 pm

This in my opinion is the guy we want, watched them in the cup against Man City and they played some good stuff.

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:16 pm

Agree that he’d potentially be a good fit here. Getting a deal done, with all the moving parts involved - timing, possible compensation, convincing him that coming here under ME’s ownership would be in his career interests etc - would be a challenge. But one worth real consideration.

Wonder whether ME’s thinking in terms of a coach/manger, or manager/coach. The former suggests someone like Paul hurst, the latter someone from the older and bolder roundabout. In which case their accompanying coaching staff would be something ME would need to factor in. Probably be more than MM and TC.

Ando

Post by Ando » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:25 pm

It's appears he and the club would be a good fit for each other.

Would ME be prepared to pay the compo?

If he wins promotion with Shrewsbury why would he come here? It's not like he's going to gat a decent transfer budget. Even if he did get a decent budget he has no track record for buying players. Saying that he did get players in for Shrewsbury mainly from the lower leagues. This would be tougher to get right for the championship.

Saying all that we do have good players at the club and it would seem he would give them a platform to express himself.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:52 pm

tangfastic wrote:
hallamblue wrote:Read this and hope like me that Town try and get him in....

He’s obviously focusing on promotion with Shrewsbury at the moment.

Just looking at the table.... Blackburn, Wigan, Shrewsbury ... it’s going to be two automatic promotion places out of those three.

Could it be we wait for the unlucky manager ( Mowbray, Hurst or Cook) to swoop? Not sure we have the power to prise a promoted manager away. Could be all three are promoted via play-offs, which is a lottery.

With these three (and Cowley and Jones) tied up to the end of the season with promotion pushes, we might have to wait until well into May/ June before we get something in place. Or we get Warburton, Pardew, McClaren or Grayson.
Yep, good post, Tang.

Certainly could be well into summer before a decision is made if the club are looking for a currently employed manager.

I vote for a managerless Ipswich Town over Pardew, McLaren or WarFanny.