Thats more like it

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

doobs

Thats more like it

Post by doobs » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:56 pm

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/burl ... -1-5461441

I suspect we will not get Mowbray but how refreshing to hear this - if only Burley was younger - this is the sort of thing we have been wanting to hear!

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Thats more like it

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:54 pm

Can’t speak for everyone and it is divided over the Mowbray idea, but I’d definitely be happy with Tony back at ITFC.

Problem is, and I asked the question in another thread....... Burley is saying “go get him”...... but he’s at Blackburn Rovers! A fairly sizeable club in my opinion. Different if he was at Rochdale or Walsall or a club like that..... but not Blackburn.

YES, if Rovers were mid table, but they’re coming back up to the Championship. Not cut & dry yet obviously, but they’ll be back.

And I’ve just jinxed it.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:36 pm

I know for a fact that Town had been touting Mogga , way before McCarthy got the boot this week. I was speaking to Mogga’s father-in-law a couple of months ago ( he was a patient of mine). He told me Town had been making inquires about the availability of Mogga.

The issues privately however are as follow :

1) schooling of his children, who are at the age where it might difficult to move schools. Mogga still lives in the NE and commutes to Blackburn.

2). The issue of Evans’ current levels of financial backing, might be a stumbling block for Mogga to take on the job.

3) On the plus side . Mrs Mowbray is an Ipswich girl. So she might want to return “home”to near her parents at some point?

4) I do wonder if Evans could prise Mogga away from a Club where he does currently have the financial backing? And they are close to gaining promotion. He is possibly still under contract and I doubt Blackburn will be will8ng to let him leave tbh.

Anyway . Just thought I’d share the “ defo”Info.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:33 am

marko69 wrote:Can’t speak for everyone and it is divided over the Mowbray idea, but I’d definitely be happy with Tony back at ITFC.

Problem is, and I asked the question in another thread....... Burley is saying “go get him”...... but he’s at Blackburn Rovers! A fairly sizeable club in my opinion. Different if he was at Rochdale or Walsall or a club like that..... but not Blackburn.

YES, if Rovers were mid table, but they’re coming back up to the Championship. Not cut & dry yet obviously, but they’ll be back.

And I’ve just jinxed it.
I also can’t see us having the pulling power to tempt him away. Missing out on promotion would seem the obvious reason for him to look elsewhere. Same also with Cook at Wigan.

Hurst at Shrewsbury could see us a tempting move up.... Shrewsbury being a small club who have over-achieved.

We’re also ahead of the game in that we are looking for a manager now, but come the end of the season there will be relegated PL clubs maybe looking for new managers and also other Championship clubs with more spending power.

Therefore,it would be smart for the upcoming managers to hang tight, concentrate on their promotion battles and wait for the best offer.

We could spend the next two months deliberating about the new young hot shot manager and could be in discussions with them... but they could well have better options come June.... and then we’re left only with our 10th choice .... or Pardew.

TBH.... I think Town is a decent option for a young manager on the rise as we are stable and not a club that needs to be turned around. Expectations are not neccasarily over the top here...think most fans would be content with primarily improving the football and winning back fans ...and not neccasarily challenging for the top six straight away.

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:42 am

Were the boot on the other foot, no doubt that Town supporters would be urging ME to resist all attempts to prize our manager way. Would imagine that, even if TM were interested, his current employers would resist strongly.

Burley understands this; but, like players, every manager/coach has a price, and deals get done when there seemed no realistic hope. Burley therefore urging ME to do what it takes to get him. But, of course, there will be other options. Just hope that whoever might be advising ME has the real interests of the club at heart. Too many vested interests!

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:22 am

The total apathy sunk deep into the very heart of this football club by long suffering supporters is something Marcus Evens also needs to consider when appointing his next manager. Some great names have been put forward by supporters but my fear is that ME has never listened before so why now?.......
His apparent lack of interest in this football club does not fill me with confidence that he will appoint the right man. Mabe he should be completely radical and appoint Helena Costa to become the first female coach in the Championship. The media will certainly be talking about ITFC