Ipswich Town vs Barnsley FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Who will win this thrilling fixture huh?

Ipswich Win
60%
Barnsley Win
40%
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 5

AzzurroMark

Re: Ipswich Town vs Barnsley FC Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Watership Down wrote:
AzzurroMark wrote:We are at home to North Walsham. A single point is all that is needed, however we are 15 points clear with the only team who can catch us having just 5 games to play.

Steve and Jo do you follow the local football scene in Norfolk too?
Well.... good luck to them although nothing is easy in the Combination. The team following you have to win all of their games to get by you I guess. Let me know what happens.
Win them all and us lose all of ours for them to even go level on points. It's a bit like Man City not winning the Premier League now. It just isn't going to happen.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:55 pm

marko69 wrote:
Charnwood wrote:I can’t believe Town played last night and it wasn’t on my radar to either follow the game in play or at the very least check the result before going to bed.
Your brain was still winding down from US Masters mode maybe, Charnwood?

That too Marko, but I played golf on Tuesday pm followed by a few beers with the boys and a stop off at a local bar on the way home to watch Man City v Liverpool. I just can’t believe it went off my radar !

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:59 pm

Watership Down wrote:
AzzurroMark wrote:A team with nothing much to play for, low in confidence, struggling for goals, but always likely to concede the silliest of goals versus a team with everything to play for, containing a striker who will need no firing up to prove a point.
Can sadly only see one outcome, with Keiffer Moore scoring the only and deciding goal.

Could have gone to this one, but opted for watching my local team aim to get the one point that will secure the Anglian Combination Division One title.
Played in the Anglian Combination for a couple of teams...... won the senior cup with Lowestoft Reserves and played for Ashlea. Who are you supporting in the Combination

Hey guys what a small world, I played for Easton FC for a couple of seasons many years ago also in the Anglian Combination a few years before buying my first season ticket at Portman Road.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:48 am

Charnwood wrote:
Watership Down wrote:
AzzurroMark wrote:A team with nothing much to play for, low in confidence, struggling for goals, but always likely to concede the silliest of goals versus a team with everything to play for, containing a striker who will need no firing up to prove a point.
Can sadly only see one outcome, with Keiffer Moore scoring the only and deciding goal.

Could have gone to this one, but opted for watching my local team aim to get the one point that will secure the Anglian Combination Division One title.
Played in the Anglian Combination for a couple of teams...... won the senior cup with Lowestoft Reserves and played for Ashlea. Who are you supporting in the Combination

Hey guys what a small world, I played for Easton FC for a couple of seasons many years ago also in the Anglian Combination a few years before buying my first season ticket at Portman Road.
It certainly is a small world. If we werre talking the S.I.L, i wouldnt be so surprised. Always nice to hear of peoples' footballing past. Unfortunately my level of skill was never good enough to play.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:28 pm

Watership Down wrote:
AzzurroMark wrote:We are at home to North Walsham. A single point is all that is needed, however we are 15 points clear with the only team who can catch us having just 5 games to play.

Steve and Jo do you follow the local football scene in Norfolk too?
Well.... good luck to them although nothing is easy in the Combination. The team following you have to win all of their games to get by you I guess. Let me know what happens.
An emphatic 9-0 win against a weakened Nth Walsham side saw my team crowned Champions.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:51 pm

:lol: I like that.

“Although nothing is easy in the combination......”

“An emphatic 9-0 win.....”

:lol:

Well done, AzzMarko

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:34 pm

marko69 wrote::lol: I like that.

“Although nothing is easy in the combination......”

“An emphatic 9-0 win.....”

:lol:

Well done, AzzMarko
Yes, the local football has been a saviour this season. A great cup run, beating 3 higher league teams on the way to the semi finals, coupled with blowing the opposition away in the league.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Well done Wymondham. I played in 1975/79. Teams like CEYMS, CNSOBU, Diss Town, Sprowston Athletic, Dereham, Lakeford Lads........