Nott. Forest vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

How will Mr Klug fare huh?

Forest Win
No votes
Town Win
71%
Draw
29%

Total votes: 7

charlton837

Re: Nott. Forest vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by charlton837 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Waghorn has been involved in most goals in the championship this season. I think overall he has been great even if his goals have dried up in second half of season

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Bluemike wrote:Rossi, No waghorn, Kenlock or Carayol ?
Ah, my bad Mike. Yes I would keep Kenlock, but no place in my squad for Waghorn and I'm still undecided about Carayol

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:09 pm

What are the reasons behind Waghorn being dropped in your team, Rossi? Age?

I think he hasn’t been scoring as many of late due to either not being played, or having to drop so deep, the chances haven’t been happening. Given decent service, the laddie can score from anywhere. An asset to ITFC at this moment in time.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:58 pm

Age? He's only just turned 28!! If I was to only keep one player from the current squad, it would probably be Waghorn.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 pm

:lol: I think both yourself and Charlton have fell into the sar-chasm......., (ECHO echo echo)

I'm certainly hoping Waggers stays and he too, would be first on my team sheet.

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:43 pm

marko69 wrote:What are the reasons behind Waghorn being dropped in your team, Rossi? Age?

I think he hasn’t been scoring as many of late due to either not being played, or having to drop so deep, the chances haven’t been happening. Given decent service, the laddie can score from anywhere. An asset to ITFC at this moment in time.
Nothing to do with his age.

I just think he flatters to deceive - had a good start to his Ipswich career and now reverted to average. Probably why we was able to get him so cheaply (Garner too). It's not just lack of goals he's suffering from lately - by all accounts his set pieces have not been too clever either.

If I were manager, then for next season only the following would feature in my squad:
Bart
Cotter
Kenlock
Emmanuel
Knudsen
Carter-Vickers (1st transfer target)
Woolfenden
Bishop
Adeyami
Rowe
Downes
Nydam
Dozzell
Huws
Morrris
Drinan
Folami

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:39 pm

rossi wrote:
marko69 wrote:What are the reasons behind Waghorn being dropped in your team, Rossi? Age?

Nothing to do with his age.

I just think he flatters to deceive - had a good start to his Ipswich career and now reverted to average. Probably why we was able to get him so cheaply (Garner too). It's not just lack of goals he's suffering from lately - by all accounts his set pieces have not been too clever either.

If I were manager, then for next season only the following would feature in my squad:
Bart
Cotter
Kenlock
Emmanuel
Knudsen
Carter-Vickers (1st transfer target)
Woolfenden
Bishop
Adeyami
Rowe
Downes
Nydam
Dozzell
Huws
Morrris
Drinan
Folami
I’d definitely keep Waghorn. Prefer him to Garner up front, but it depends what type of football we play.

Definitely got rid of Spence, Hyam, Gleeson, Rowe, McGoldrick, Gerken. Despite Carayol looking sharp at times, he’s knocking on 30 and had about 10 clubs. Seems like he can’t deliver regularly at any club.... maybe a 1 year contract as impact sub.

Kind of expect Knudsen to end up with MM and prefer Kenlock at LB.

Chambers / Skuse ... would actually like them to be here since we’re getting a new manager. Decent pro’s and club men who actually could add a bit of experience around young kids, but would expect them to not be a shoe-in.

I didn’t see Webster on the list, but he could well improve under a new manager ( seemed like he was going backwards at times)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:21 pm

The impact sub! Must be the best job on the planet if you lean towards maybe doing very little for a lot of money.

Total guess at Carayol being on £5K a game, (could be more, doesn't matter for this experiment)
That's £230,000K for the duration of the season only.
Let's say as impact sub, he plays on average, 15 minutes a game, (and still gets paid if injured)
That's 630 minutes if he plays entire season.
That's £365 a minute.
Not many 30 year olds on that dosh!

I want to be an impact sub in my next life.

Bluemike says: "What, and take a cut in wages you robbing plumbing b*stard!"

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:30 pm

marko69 wrote:The impact sub! Must be the best job on the planet if you lean towards maybe doing very little for a lot of money.

Total guess at Carayol being on £5K a game, (could be more, doesn't matter for this experiment)
That's £230,000K for the duration of the season only.
Let's say as impact sub, he plays on average, 15 minutes a game, (and still gets paid if injured)
That's 630 minutes if he plays entire season.
That's £365 a minute.
Not many 30 year olds on that dosh!

I want to be an impact sub in my next life.

Bluemike says: "What, and take a cut in wages you robbing plumbing b*stard!"
Do you know how many rubbish players we’ve signed over the last five years as well as the loanees who’ve barely played? I lose count. Don’t know how many minutes on the field Coke had... I think Carayol has looked good in spurts... don’t see him as a regular ... don’t care either way on him TBH, but he’s more likely to have a winning goal or assist than some. Maybe add that into the equation :)

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Is it true Mick left the team sheet before he went saying "try this it might work" and good luck Bryan.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Of our current squad I would get rid of ;-

Knudsen
Spence
Emmanuel
Gleeson
Hyam
Bru
Rowe
McGoldrick
Sears

I would definitely keep :-

Webster
Chambers
Kenlock
Skuse
Waghorn
Garner
Huws
Adeyemi
Bishop
Nydam
Downes
Dozzell
Drinan
Folami
Morris
Gerken
Ward
Woolfenden

Carter-Vickers, Celina and Connolly would be going anyway and only CCV would be on my radar to sign, I would also try to secure the signing of Carayol on a 1 year deal. I've not included Bart as he will be on his way in the Summer.

By my reckoning that would need us to be signing a good 6 or 7 new players to bring the squad up to the number required. Wishful thinking.

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Bluemike wrote:Of our current squad I would get rid of ;-

Knudsen
Spence
Emmanuel
Gleeson
Hyam
Bru
Rowe
McGoldrick
Sears

I would definitely keep :-

Webster
Chambers
Kenlock
Skuse
Waghorn
Garner
Huws
Adeyemi
Bishop
Nydam
Downes
Dozzell
Drinan
Folami
Morris
Gerken
Ward
Woolfenden

Carter-Vickers, Celina and Connolly would be going anyway and only CCV would be on my radar to sign, I would also try to secure the signing of Carayol on a 1 year deal. I've not included Bart as he will be on his way in the Summer.

By my reckoning that would need us to be signing a good 6 or 7 new players to bring the squad up to the number required. Wishful thinking.
so we differ in that you would keep Chambers, Skuse, Webster, Waghorn, Garner, and Gerken - and I would not.

Not really that different, and I think it fair to say that none of the 5 outfield players mentioned have exactly covered themselves in glory in recent weeks.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:30 pm

No not that different, Webster has disappointed me in recent weeks but I still think he will be good, Skuse and Chambo do have much to offer the club in my opinion, not just on the pitch but should not be guaranteed starters, Waghorn and Garner have been good signings in my opinion with Garner hampered by several injuries, i would give Waghorn player of the season.