Congratulations Wolves

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Congratulations Wolves

Post by marko69 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:49 pm

Haha! :D ......, WBA relegation making that title a tad more sweet!

Regarding AV, Could do with another Fulham goal to make it more cut ‘n’ dry. Big 2nd half coming up.

GandB

Post by GandB » Sat May 26, 2018 5:58 pm

marko69 wrote:Haha! :D ......, WBA relegation making that title a tad more sweet!

Regarding AV, Could do with another Fulham goal to make it more cut ‘n’ dry. Big 2nd half coming up.
yeah fingers crossed, the chamnpionship should be fun next season with Sandwell Town, The Vile and the Blue noses all in there on the way to Div One,
its great when the tide turns and it pay back time.

All we need now is the Mighty Hibs win your league next season and the Champions League Final 2019/20 will be Wolves v Hibernian. 8)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 26, 2018 11:36 pm

Yer Welcome back Wolfie 8) ...... I prefer GoldnBlack btw :wink:

GandB

Post by GandB » Sun May 27, 2018 5:14 pm

hallamblue wrote:Yer Welcome back Wolfie 8) ...... I prefer GoldnBlack btw :wink:
hiya Liz.hope your all well. not really been anywhere just having problems loggin in as goldandblack, even hi tec Donna is baffled,
anyway there seemed enough experts on football recently without my tuppence worth LOL

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 27, 2018 6:39 pm

GandB wrote:
hallamblue wrote:Yer Welcome back Wolfie 8) ...... I prefer GoldnBlack btw :wink:
hiya Liz.hope your all well. not really been anywhere just having problems loggin in as goldandblack, even hi tec Donna is baffled,
anyway there seemed enough experts on football recently without my tuppence worth LOL
:D

GandB

Post by GandB » Sun May 27, 2018 8:25 pm

Bluemike wrote:
GandB wrote:
:D
Mike. Ronaldo and Bale were seen in the Wolvo Asda's today.could they be signing or just getting in to the new Pizza offer.

just had a nose at the prediction league tables Well done young man.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 27, 2018 8:27 pm

Bale Yes, Ronaldo no thanks, gobby little sh*te !!!

Cheers G&B, I needed to stop Charny from doing the hatrick but it got a lot closer than it looked at one time, Two titles in Four years, i'm happy with that.

GandB

Post by GandB » Sun May 27, 2018 8:33 pm

Bluemike wrote:Bale Yes, Ronaldo no thanks, gobby little sh*te !!!

Cheers G&B, I needed to stop Charny from doing the hatrick but it got a lot closer than it looked at one time, Two titles in Four years, i'm happy with that.
i was only thinking Ronaldo would be handy as a step in if Jota ever got injured. anyway he's to old.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed May 30, 2018 12:52 pm

[quote="GandB"]
derick_ipsw wrote:Yes congratulations Wolves for bending the fair play rules to breaking point and getting away with it.............so far? :roll:
so easy to make big statements , not so easy to actually know what your talking about tho aye Derick[/quote]

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/20 ... play-risk/

It seems its you who does not know what you are talking about, but that does not come as a great surprise. Read the above and tell me what I said originally is not true?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:12 pm

Well......, if there is a fine to be paid, they’ll pay it off after 2 games! The owner could probably pay it off with his weekend pocket money allowance!

GandB

Post by GandB » Wed May 30, 2018 1:16 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:[quote="GandB"]
derick_ipsw wrote:Yes congratulations Wolves for bending the fair play rules to breaking point and getting away with it.............so far? :roll:
so easy to make big statements , not so easy to actually know what your talking about tho aye Derick

It seems its you who does not know what you are talking about, but that does not come as a great surprise. Read the above and tell me what I said originally is not true?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Or perhaps i do. :astroll: I do try to wait for the outcome before i put the black cloth on my head for the verdict.

Football League officials have cleared Wolves of any wrongdoing,
• UPDATED16:38, 25 APR 2018

A Wolves statement said: "After meeting with EFL representatives and providing further written detail, a comprehensive review has concluded with confirmation that the EFL is satisfied there has been no breach of its regulations.
"We have always maintained our clarity on both FA and EFL regulations, which have been complied with explicitly since the change of ownership at the club in July 2016.
"We believe the release of these findings will bring to a conclusion any speculation surrounding the club's operation and extinguish any concerns held by other clubs.”

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu May 31, 2018 6:25 am

GandB wrote:
derick_ipsw wrote:[quote="GandB"]
so easy to make big statements , not so easy to actually know what your talking about tho aye Derick

It seems its you who does not know what you are talking about, but that does not come as a great surprise. Read the above and tell me what I said originally is not true?
[/quote][/quote]

Or perhaps i do. :astroll: I do try to wait for the outcome before i put the black cloth on my head for the verdict.

Football League officials have cleared Wolves of any wrongdoing,
• UPDATED16:38, 25 APR 2018

A Wolves statement said: "After meeting with EFL representatives and providing further written detail, a comprehensive review has concluded with confirmation that the EFL is satisfied there has been no breach of its regulations.
"We have always maintained our clarity on both FA and EFL regulations, which have been complied with explicitly since the change of ownership at the club in July 2016.
"We believe the release of these findings will bring to a conclusion any speculation surrounding the club's operation and extinguish any concerns held by other clubs.”[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Are you related to Stevie Wonder? I said "Bending Rules to Breaking point and getting away with it" what point of that is not true? FFS.

GandB

Post by GandB » Thu May 31, 2018 1:28 pm

derick_ipsw wrote: other clubs.”
[/quote][/quote]

Are you related to Stevie Wonder? I said "Bending Rules to Breaking point and getting away with it" what point of that is not true? FFS.[/quote]

there's a good joke starting with that line Derek but we wont go there, anyway back to our friendly little debate. well apart from both your points being not true i suppose the first line of Congratulations Wolves was true. quit while your losing Dereck. :wink:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu May 31, 2018 11:06 pm

GandB wrote:
[/quote]

Are you related to Stevie Wonder? I said "Bending Rules to Breaking point and getting away with it" what point of that is not true? FFS.[/quote]

there's a good joke starting with that line Derek but we wont go there, anyway back to our friendly little debate. well apart from both your points being not true i suppose the first line of Congratulations Wolves was true. quit while your losing Dereck. :wink:[/quote]

Oi GandB. what are you doing coming on here arguing with these good folk. get back to the mix.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:58 am

GandB wrote:
[/quote]

there's a good joke starting with that line Derek but we wont go there, anyway back to our friendly little debate. well apart from both your points being not true i suppose the first line of Congratulations Wolves was true. quit while your losing Dereck. :wink:[/quote]

Unfortunately G&B it is true. What Wolves spent and the way they got the players did not break any rules but my god they bent them. I don't expect you to agree. If Town could only do the same? or any other club come to that?

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:19 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
GandB wrote:

Unfortunately G&B it is true. What Wolves spent and the way they got the players did not break any rules but my god they bent them. I don't expect you to agree. If Town could only do the same? or any other club come to that?[/quote]

looking on this from our side Derek, what our new owners are saying the rules in this country are to benefit the top 6 only. the whole aspect of these clubs who play in the champions league and there income they can spend obscene amounts of money, where the likes of the rest of us are restricted to what we spend. the owners of Wolves are saying this is not fair trading in business sense. this Fosum groups wealth makes Wolves the 4th richest club in this country but cant invest the money that say Spurs can.

these players we loaned on the understanding we had first option of buying them was good business if you think about it.
all these player are in there early 20s and not journey men.
John Terrys wages at the Vile was more than all these new players wages put together.
we had 5 British players playing most games last season, more than the most premier or championship teams.

Derby, Middlesborough, and the Vile spent more money on players and wages than Wolves.

don't think we were so wrong in what we did as folk think.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Bluemike wrote:Cheating bastards lmfao

How to sign a World class player for free.
assemble 50 fans to travel to a clubs training ground and talk the player into moving to your club. ( without bending any rules of course)
its good when a plan comes together :wink:
read on
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... -millions/

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:45 pm

I had read about this in a small Metro sports news column. Bloody scary sh*t. I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if it was their president who organised it.
What a massive score for Wolves though. He’s a top class keeper.

——————

Here is a scoop for you, Wolfie. I know you like football history and you’ll like this one. Apologies if it’s long winded....... AND ITFC fans (and any fans) , maybe a small lesson on how to be a better supporter of your club.

I installed a new boiler and new stove for a colleague of my wife this past week. I’ve known her for years and I also knew that her grandad played football. At a wedding a few years back, she was speaking about a few things football related and I remember not being able to hear her due to the music so the conversation fizzled out.

This week however I started the conversation by asking if her partner was still a stinking Jambo bstd (although I worded it differently) This started off the football chat.
I knew she was from Motherwell, (her accent is superb, not full horrible Glasgow but an in between Edinburgh/Glasgow accent....... a mid M8 accent!) and she was speaking about her brother who is a Motherwell season ticket holder and goes to all away games also etc etc.

Then the grandad came into the conversation. I was gobsmacked by the stuff she was telling me and I’ll post a wiki link at the end of this.

He played for Motherwell as a centre forward,...... crazy stats, played something like 288 games and scored 284 goals!!!
But the very best stat was after he moved to Cardiff City. Only English teams had ever won the FA Cup. But in the 20s, Cardiff City were the first club outside of England to win the FA Cup, and her grandad scored the goals! His Cardiff City stats were incredible also. What really amazed me was the way she didn’t make a big deal of it. She was like: “Oh yeah my grandad played football. He was quite good at it!”
:shock: quite good? Wasn’t until I wiki’d him, did I realise how “good” he was.

BUT....... unfortunately a very sad but. He moved to Dens Park in Dundee and after 17 games and 2 goals, he killed himself. (Pretty sure Dundee would have that effect on me also)
Seriously though she said that after a particular game when they lost, they were booed off and he had heard his name being screamed a few times. He held back until everyone else left and gassed himself. He was only 34, and her granny was only 27. Her dad was only 6 years of age when he done this.

I actually had to be in the Balerno area of Edinburgh yesterday but I cancelled it due to sitting chatting with her for literally three hours about this. Tragic end for her grandad but what he did in his short life was incredible. And you can see resemblances of her in the picture of him, especially the eyes.

It says something about an inner ear issue and probable brain tumour but she says that must be another, older family member who written this. What is fact is he suffered from bouts of depression and the boos at Dens Park sent him over the edge. That’s what her dad was told in later years.

Anyway, thought I’d share her grandads story, I know you’ll appreciate it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hughie_Ferguson

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:24 pm

fascinating story Marco and a great read. two big points comes across reading that. 1 is How proud she must of been of her grandad and you. you giving up so much time to listen to her story. proud of both of you mate. I know Hughie Ferguson would be.

can you see a resemblance to Duncan Ferguson