Knudsen Interview for the Sun

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

charlton837

Knudsen Interview for the Sun

Post by charlton837 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:50 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... eated-mick

Anyone else think hes a bit of a fool for doing this? Whether hes right or wrong to be it doesn't matter. Mick has gone, fans have to move on and so do the players. Knusden has only known mediocre times as that's all weve had in his time here, and hes hardly a star of our team, id be actively looking to offload him based on his football ability anyway if im honest.

I just feel this again stokes up unnecessary resentment between fans and players. I felt as soon as Mick left it was the right time for players to put on record their appreciation for him, weve now played a game since he left and its been 10 days, let it go and get on with it. The fact hes done this to a national newspaper as oppose to local also to me is a bit of a joke, if I were in the club hierarchy I would be particularly pleased.

He mentions if we didn't have Mick last season we could have been in real danger, true but then Mick had been here 4 years by then and so you could argue he contributed towards us being there in the first place (im not saying it was indeed his fault..)

Shed on tour

Re: Knudsen Interview for the Sun

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:06 pm

It really is time to move on.
As you say this is only going over old ground now. We know the players had great respect for Mick and even a lot of fans like myself who thought it was time for him to go appreciated what he did for us when he first came to the club.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Yes, misguided, he could have found a way to praise and support MM other than having a jab at the fans.

In my eyes so much of the animosity towards Mick was through frustrations with the way the club has been run, how stagnant and pessimistic things have become, yet he seemingly didn't see that, took it all personally and then exacerbated it hugely by having such public sh*t slinging matches with the fans, he should have been far wiser and bigger than that, he brought an awful lot of pressure on himself.

That alone is why it is unwise for Knudsen to vilify the fans and support Mick, Mick's actions should not be deemed acceptable either, he was experienced, professional, being paid and had a voice, the fans while also inexcusable were being ignored, paying hundreds to watch dross, largely young, stupid and with probably a few lagers in their bellies.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:15 pm

It’s ok for Knudsen to say this because he didn’t have to watch himself play. Others did.

He’s seriously dopey .... just emphasises the disconnect between fans and team created by Mick. It’s ITFC, not a Mick McCarthy franchise. It was a little unjust how it ended - but Knudsen should keep his mouth shut and not keep on stirring it.

I think Knudsens days could be numbered here and could well be joining Mick later on.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:44 pm

Well done Jonas, crap player but speaking the truth is always good in my book, yes we do need to move on but doesn't change the fact that some Town fans are c*cks of the highest order.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:00 pm

f*ck off, Jonas!

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:17 pm

Bluemike wrote:Well done Jonas, crap player but speaking the truth is always good in my book, yes we do need to move on but doesn't change the fact that some Town fans are c*cks of the highest order.
This just stops anyone moving on though. Plenty of other clubs have as many twats as us but I bet their players don't go causing further issues by pointing that out. Just play the diplomatic game,.chambers is.captain so he has a right to speak up (and did at the right time). Knudsen on the other hand should keep shut and actually earn a new deal rather than tell everyone they are desperate for him.to sign one

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:04 pm

You say it best, Jonas, when you say nothing at all. Sadly, your footballing skills don’t really speak for you, in a positive way. And those long throw-ins......oh how we waited, oh how we expected, oh how we’re freakin’ glad you kicked ‘em into the long grass!

Under a new manager you may find that you have a great career behind you. :wink:

BUT loyalty is an admirable quality, so praise for that. The players’ wagons had circled around MM, but ultimately they could not save him, and that obviously wounded. However, some things are inevitable; the deed is done, move on and don’t look back in anger.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:14 pm

:oops: Mr Knudsen, I'm afraid you have just written your own obituary, you do not cast aspersions on the Ipswich Fans, you will be moved on in a couple of weeks, there's no room for a very weak and poor player in our new set up, and I would look for another club in a lower league to match your Skills, :roll: maybe a team in the National League might accept you.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:47 pm

Stupid Pratt had done himself no favours whatsoever here. His football abilities are hardly going to save him are they! What a monumental Pillock!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:19 am

charlton837 wrote:
Bluemike wrote:Well done Jonas, crap player but speaking the truth is always good in my book, yes we do need to move on but doesn't change the fact that some Town fans are c*cks of the highest order.
This just stops anyone moving on though. Plenty of other clubs have as many twats as us but I bet their players don't go causing further issues by pointing that out. Just play the diplomatic game,.chambers is.captain so he has a right to speak up (and did at the right time). Knudsen on the other hand should keep shut and actually earn a new deal rather than tell everyone they are desperate for him.to sign one
It is only going to stop anyone from moving on if the fans choose it to be that way, lest face it they don't have MM to slate at every opportunity now so there has to be another target, history tells us Town fans have to have a scapegoat for abuse, Sam Parkin, Matt Richards, Dean gerken, Damien Delaney and Jonathon Douglas are just a few that spring to mind, I could name others.

We do all need to move on that's for sure but the guy was interviewed by a paper and told the truth, I don't have anything but respect for people who tell the truth irrespective of who it upsets especially if it is the fools who fuelled this feud along the way with the intention of using against MM at every opportunity, I would be far more angry if he lied to keep face and be a yes man with his so called own fans. I guess some don't like being made to look bad in the National press, this is squeaky clean ITFC after all isn't it.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:29 am

To be fair .... at least it’s an interview whereby you know the player is at least saying what he thinks even if it’s going to be generally unpopular. How many times do we read players interviews where it’s the same old banal crap being pushed on us just to appease the masses?

Only problem is .... there is a bigger picture where he’s focusing on the vocal minority who have abused / disrespected Mick and ignored the thousands more who’ve quietly decided to do something else than give time or money to the club. Just illustrates the closed world of Knudsen, where he’s more than happy to pick up a new contract under Mick and continue being picked by Mick, even though thousands are not coming to watch him and Mick anymore.

At least I read yesterday Chambers offering his affection for the club ( not Mick). I’m sure he’s Micks biggest fan, but at least he shown some loyalty to the club with a nod to us moving on as a club without MM.
If Knudsen was a better player and had to actually fight for his place, then maybe some would be a bit more forgiving towards him.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:00 am

I think Chambers is a model pro the way he speaks and conducts himself, I think he has not always had the respect he deserves either, the guy clearly has an affection for the club and I hope one day he is back here in a managerial post of some sort.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:08 am

I salute Jonas for this. And I think it reflects the views of maybe all of the players. It has to be said, but now that it is then it's time to move on.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:39 am

Bluemike wrote:I think Chambers is a model pro the way he speaks and conducts himself, I think he has not always had the respect he deserves either, the guy clearly has an affection for the club and I hope one day he is back here in a managerial post of some sort.
A natural leader, with a brain between his ears. Feel sure he will make a seemless transition into coaching/management.; perhaps one day with us.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:57 am

tangfastic wrote:It’s ok for Knudsen to say this because he didn’t have to watch himself play.
That raised a chuckle. Very good. :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:01 am

herforder wrote:
Bluemike wrote:I think Chambers is a model pro the way he speaks and conducts himself, I think he has not always had the respect he deserves either, the guy clearly has an affection for the club and I hope one day he is back here in a managerial post of some sort.
A natural leader, with a brain between his ears. Feel sure he will make a seemless transition into coaching/management.; perhaps one day with us.
Yes, agree on both posts above.

From what I’ve witnessed, he does have some choice defensive moments, but the good stuff outweighs those........ and yes, he’s a bright, very likeable lad. I’m sure the majority of ITFC fans will always wish him the best wherever he went if he ever leaves ITFC.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:14 am

herforder wrote:
Could well be here as manager in the future with Skuse as his TC ... with Knudsen as PR officer. :)

I know Chambers and Skuse have been criticised and are linked heavily with MM, but I would like to see them stay next year. Very good pro’s ... and if they are not in the team I think they’ll contribute behind the scenes.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:52 am

Couldn't agree more Tang.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:31 am

In the financial pool that ME makes us paddle, could we get better - in terms of C’ship experience and commitment to the club - than those individuals? It may well be that a new manager, with a more positive/attack-minded approach, may yet get more out of them.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:41 am

As a side issue on the JK interview - did the Sun contact Jonas sniffing a slightly controversial story following MM’s departure; or was it the other way round? With Knudsen being sent to speak on behalf of the playing staff, and to put the record straight, from their very loyal viewpoints. Did the dreaded Town Media bods know what was going down? Doesn’t appear so!

No big deal, but perhaps a wee insight into a ship lacking leadership and grip at the moment. ME’s ultimate responsibility.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:05 pm

Yes I wondered the same thing myself, I expect though that it was the paper approaching JK trying to get a bit of a story after what Jonas had said about reviewing his future etc.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:13 pm

Or Jonas’ agent setting it up to put JK on other clubs radar? Bit weird the Sun being interested in what is really a low interest local story. Doesn’t matter... hardly earth shattering and likely to be a storm in a teacup in the bigger picture.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:58 pm

The only reason he is here is because we sold two far better left backs. He was sh*t today so same as usual where he is concerned. Keep your f**king mouth shut Knudsen or you may find someone in the Town will shut it for you.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:56 am

I wonder if he heard any mutterings directed his way prior to "world class" throw ins?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:15 pm

He actually got a good reception after the game

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:45 pm

Bluemike wrote:He actually got a good reception after the game
DID HE?? EH??

You f**king shower o fickle bstds!! :lol:

Seriously though, and a genuine question....... why?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:49 pm

I think the fans were intent on making a statement yesterday what with it being the first game since the departure of he who will not be named, things that were unacceptable the last few months are now acceptable, for a time at least, they would have applauded anything yesterday so when JK came over to applaud the North stand faithful he got a good reception back.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:53 pm

That’s fair enough and I’m all for that. It’s not quite wiping the slate clean because the borderline useless git is still there, but it’s a start.

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi BM..

Hope all is good.

I was under the impression you were against any former players returning
in a *mangerial role.. If I am correct, why do you feel Chambers would be
different.

Excuse me if I misunderstood previous comments as naturally a *'managerial role
does not automatically suggest you are thinking of the 'Managers job' but I am
inquisitive as to your thoughts.

Thanks

Earl