Marcus Evans Interview

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Marcus Evans Interview

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:06 am

It's their equivalent of this forum but for inbreds and members of the Norfolk Incest society.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:20 pm

Been unable to catch the Evans speak out as been far too busy in recent days to even have opportunity to take in the issue. Got some free time (albeit in short supply) to glean what was being said and a mixed reaction for sure with some not afraid to speak out and tell it as they viewed it. Took a quick view of TWTD and some gave say negative comment on the issue and showed tangible distaste to what was discussed, only to be berated themselves by other 'users' and held in contempt. Not an element of surprise there.

Bottom line I applaud Evans for taking the time to show himself and speak out on relevant issues but the club could have undeniably been more witness to such a thing during his ten years of ownership. Some could argue it's an approach similar to "I apologize for the unmitigated failures of the last decade and am aware fans have been against me but I possess new ideas and if you take me to your hearts once again I hope the feeling can be reciprocated" et cetera et cetera

Many don't like Marcus Evans, they don't like his methods and tendency to hide away at such frequency from the problems that plague this club and have done so for a considerable extent and Yes I include myself in that number. Whether you're in favor for what was discussed or otherwise, actions will always speak louder than words. Evans can talk the talk but you need able to walk it also. May have brought some faith back on himself and instilled it in others to some extent but time will tell what comes of it.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:35 pm

Little 'Pink'Un' is what they call their off spring, since they're not quite sure what it is. :lol:

I thought the interview was fine. ME seems genuine in his desire for ITFC to succeed. The 5-point plan and limited investment will be accepted if we challenge for the play offs and play attacking football. He seems to be describing a football philosophy when he talks about consistent youth development and consistent support staff, both which are key ingredients for success. If we can get back to playing some decent football on a regular basis, I can see the attendances rebounding. I do think there will be circumstances that require additional investment, and I can only hope ME is prepared to do so if necessary. All in all, I'm feeling confident...depending on who the next manager is. :astroll:

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:38 pm

number 9 wrote:Little 'Pink'Un' is what they call their off spring, since they're not quite sure what it is. :lol:

I thought the interview was fine. ME seems genuine in his desire for ITFC to succeed. The 5-point plan and limited investment will be accepted if we challenge for the play offs and play attacking football. He seems to be describing a football philosophy when he talks about consistent youth development and consistent support staff, both which are key ingredients for success. If we can get back to playing some decent football on a regular basis, I can see the attendances rebounding. I do think there will be circumstances that require additional investment, and I can only hope ME is prepared to do so if necessary. All in all, I'm feeling confident...depending on who the next manager is. :astroll:

Don’t fret No 9, she’ll be appointed soon! :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:19 pm

Oh sod, I’d hoped to keep it under wraps until it was formerly announced! :shock:

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:16 am

after watching the interview 2-3 times, I find myself getting excited for the first time in about 3 years.
so much so I'm even looking into seeing about a season ticket(first time in nearly 30 years I might add).
I'm not one for rushing into these things and will wait for "the appointment" before doing anything.

Evans came across very well IMO, and it seems its sparked a little light of hope in me.
Call me whatever, but i find myself genuinely excited for next season.

Now watch it all get snatched away when some dinosaur gets appointed and stamps on that little flicker of hope :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:20 am

Your flicker of hope regards the interview is going to get stamped on in here! :lol:

And KL....... where are the Jambos when the Cabbage need them?!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:37 am

I’m not going to stamp on the enthusiasm due to one interview, but it’s really interesting what

an effect ONE half hour interview has on people.

That’s a well done to ME for taking part and articulately putting across his points for the future for this club. It’s a pity he couldn’t have done something similar in the past. The good thing is the onus is on him now.... if he backs down on his statements or goes missing again, then he’ll know there will be a backlash.

Good to see optimism and hope that ME, manager, club and fans will all come together.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:57 pm

marko69 wrote:Your flicker of hope regards the interview is going to get stamped on in here! :lol:

And KL....... where are the Jambos when the Cabbage need them?!
Only by the habitual negative gits that would find fault with a threesome with Megan Fox and Nicole Scherzinger