Reading FC vs Ipswich TOwn Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

A right Royal week huh?

Reading Win
20%
Ipswich Win
40%
Draw
40%

Total votes: 5

Frosty
Forum Owner

Reading FC vs Ipswich TOwn Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Frosty » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:36 pm

Image Reading v Ipswich TownImage

Sunday 6th May 2018 – 12:30

The Madejski Stadium

Pre-Match Thoughts Mike

I think it's fair to say Bryan Klug and co will have zero desire to ever be considered for the permanent managers job following the Four goal demolition against Aston Villa at Portman Road last Saturday, having come so close to a win the previous week at Forest Town followed it up with what can only be described as a performance lacking in so many areas. To be fair we actually started pretty well and for the opening 20+ minutes were equally as good as our visitors, in fact I thought we looked the more dangerous of the two teams in that opening quarter of the game, it took a bit of a unfortunate goal to see us fall behind, this helped Villa to start to gain control of the Middle of the park and then our woes were compounded by Grant Ward's Red card just before Half Time, that really was too much of a mountain to climb and Villa went on to have a field day, picking us off at will as they plundered Four goals. I think that second half really did show some of our limitations and we looked a really tired lot come the final whistle, the season needs to end and the sooner the better.

One thing that was all too evident to those at the Villa game was the fantastic atmosphere and support the crowd gave the team, it was the best I have heard it at home for many a long day and evoked memories of the way it used to be all of the time, yes there are reasons why it was so loud for this particular game but it just goes to show what a great place Portman Road could be again especially with the dawn of a bright new era on the horizon, and the anticipation of a new manager willing to play the game as we all crave will only add to the wave of optimism that may just be starting to return, it may only be the Green shoots of recovery but they are definitely there.

Talk of the identity of the new manager continues to dominate Town fans thoughts and new names are popping up all the time, from Luton to Taiwan, you name it and they are being touted as contenders, Chris Coleman & Harry Redknapp the latest names to have joined the race in recent days. It's taken Ten years but finally we have been privvy to a Marcus Evans interview, we all ahve our own thoughts on it, some think it is thye same old waffle that really told or promised nothing new while others felt it was a breath of fresh air that restored some faith in our owner with the feeling it was a big step in the right direction, it's how each individual chooses to view, I choose to see it as a positive and I was quite impressed with ME and how he spoke, he seems genuinely commited to the club and his vision with his Five Point Plan is still as strong as it was when he first came up with it, some choose to poke fun at it but again I think we need to accept that we are in a much better place than when this plan was first mentioned, these things do take time and I think it is easy to ignore the progress that has been made in certain areas although this needs to be built on and it is absolutely crucial that ME gets the managerial appointment spot on, he recognises this and is taking his time and rightly so, others will no doubt be come available at the seasons ends so we need to bide our time and weigh up our options which if we are to believe everything we hear are vast.

This week see's our final Away game of the season and it is a trip to Reading which winds up our travels for another season. While we have little to play for other than a higher place finish than Norwich the Royals still need points to make themselves safe from the drop zone, As it stands they are Five points above Third bottom Barnsley and with a trip to cardiff to come on the final day they will see this as one they have to win, a draw could be enough but a win will see them safe and I am sure they will see us as there for the taking, no doubt nerves will be jangling in the home teams ranks and I just get the feeling we could pile more misery on them with a surprise result of some sort, we are just so hard to predict right now so for me it will either be a win, a draw or a defeat for Town this weekend. COYB'S.

The Opposition - Reading

Reading were formed on 25 December 1871 and originally played their matches at the ‘Reading Recreation Ground’ .The club then moved to ‘Elm Park’ for 102 years between 1896 to 1998. In 1998 the club moved to their latest home, the new ‘Madejski Stadium’.

The club holds the record for the number of successive league wins at the start of a season, with a total of 13 wins at the start of the 1985–86 Third Division campaign and also the record for the number of points gained in a professional league season with 106 points in the 2005–06 Football League Championship campaign.

Reading finished eighth in their first ever season as a top flight club.

Reading were elected to the Football League Third Division South of the Football League in 1920.

In more modern times Reading were promoted to the Second Division as champions in 1986 under the management of Ian Branfoot, but were relegated back to the Third Division in 1988.

The appointment of Mark McGhee as player-manager, shortly after the takeover by John Madejski, in 1991 saw Reading move forward. They were crowned champions of the new Division Two in 1994. 35-year-old striker Jimmy Quinn was put in charge of the first team alongside midfielder Mick Gooding and guided Reading to runners-up in the final Division One table only to be denied automatic promotion because of the streamlining of the Premier League, from 22 teams to 20.

In 1995 Reading looked to have booked their place in the Premier League only to lose against Bolton Wanderers in the final. Quinn and Gooding's contracts were not renewed two years later after Reading had slid into the bottom half of Division One. Their successor, Terry Bullivant, lasted less than one season before being sacked in March 1998.

1998 also saw Reading move into the new 24,200 all-seater Madejski Stadium, named after chairman, John Madejski. Tommy Burns had taken over from Terry Bullivant but lasted just 18 months before being replaced by Alan Pardew who had previously been reserve team manager before being released. Reading returned to Division One for 2002–03 after finishing runners-up in Division Two. The following season they finished fourth in Division One and qualified for the play-offs, where they lost in the semi-final to Wolverhampton Wanderers. Alan Pardew moved to West Ham United the following October and was replaced by Steve Coppell.

Reading won the 2005–06 Championship with a league record 106 points, scoring 99 goals and losing only twice. Reading were promoted to English football's top division for the first time in their history. Reading defied pre-season predictions of relegation to finish the season in eighth. The second season was less successful and Reading were relegated back to the Championship.

Reading started the 2008–09 season with a 15 match unbeaten home run. They finished fourth and qualify for the play-offs, where they lost to Burnley in the semi-final. Manager Steve Coppell resigned just hours after the game, and was replaced by Brendan Rodgers.

Rodgers left the club by mutual consent on 16 December 2009 and Brian McDermott made caretaker manager the same day. Reading eventually finished 5th in the Championship to qualify for the division's play-offs which they lost 4–2 to Swansea City in the final at Wembley Stadium.

In the 2011–12 season a streak of good form in the second half of the season, ensured promotion to the Premier League on 17 April 2012.

McDermott led Reading to their first Premier League win of the 2012–13 season on 17 November 2012 at the eleventh attempt. On the 11 March 2013, McDermott left his position at Reading.

On 26 March 2013, Adkins was appointed manager and could not stop Reading from being relegated from the top flight.

The 2013/14 season saw the Royals finish the season in seventh, one point off Brighton in sixth after being in and around the playoff zone all season.

The 2014/15 season was a different story however as Reading could only muster 50 points and finished in a disappointing 19th place on the table.

The 2015/16 season saw the Royals rise two places to finish 17th place in the Championship.

In the summer leading up to the 2016-17 season the club announced the departure of Brian McDermott and eventually he was to be replaced by former Manchester United defender Jaap Stam. Under Stam, Reading achieved their highest finish since relegation back to the Championship by finishing third and reaching the play-offs, where they beat Fulham on aggregate before facing Huddersfield Town in the final at Wembley where they lost on penalties following 0-0 draw after extra time.

On 21 March, Stam left Reading with immediate effect. Two days later, 23 March 2018, Paul Clement was appointed as Readings new manager.

The Manager – Paul Clement

Past Match - Video Highlights - Trev

Media Watch - K L Blue

Form Guide

Reading Last 5 Matches – Currently in 19th place with 43 points

3 Apr Aston Villa 3 - 0 Reading

7 Apr Reading 1 - 0 Preston

10 Apr Fulham 1 - 0 Reading

14 Apr Reading 2 - 2 Sunderland

21 Apr Sheffield Wed 3 - 0 Reading

Ipswich Last 5 Matches - Currently in 14th place with 56 points

2 Apr Ipswich Town 2 - 2 Millwall

7 Apr Brentford 1 - 0 Ipswich Town

10 Apr Ipswich Town 1 - 0 Barnsley

14 Apr Nottm Forest 2 - 1 Ipswich Town

21 Apr Ipswich Town 0 - 4 Aston Villa

Fixtures of Interest that may affect Towns standing on the Table

NORWICH CITY VS LEEDS UNITED

Match Referee – Keith Stroud

READING 0 IPSWICH TOWN 1

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Reading FC vs Ipswich TOwn Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:09 am

“Me & My Tits support Reading FC” ??? Is there a punchline to this other than it’s written across their chest area on a vest top? I thought The Ipswich Town Supporters were the TITS anyway?

Can’t see this being a classic. End of season drab affair but hopefully Town can nick it. Be good if Klug can get at least one win. I’ll also go for the preview prediction ——-> 0-1.

Ref caption: (Harry Enfield character)

Interviewer: Keith, the new VAR system. Do you like it?
Referee: If they want to review every decision I make, I should say, OI, VAR, NOOOOO, get your f**king cameras away from this football field and shove them up your aaaaaaarse!”

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:14 am

Marko
The TITS (Town Independent Travelling Supporters) of which I was one of the original members are no longer a group. :cry:
Some of the members joined another organization called the Numbskulls. I myself don't ever recall joining this group but somehow I must have done as the missus can often been heard shouting at me "you f****** numbskull.

Prediction for tomorrow.
Reading 2 Town 1

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:38 pm

2-0

decent

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:52 pm

now 4-0 nice

well done boys

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:59 pm

Quasar wrote:now 4-0 nice

well done boys

Where did that come from? Green shoots of recovery in what i feel has been a more positive week?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:04 pm

Wow. Brilliant result.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:25 pm

Not often we score 2 goals in added time!

Freddie Sears first goal in 39 games must have felt rather special.

What a great result which would never have happened under McCarthys reign when we’d have almost certainly have defended the 2 goal lead.

Well done boys. FABULOUS.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:37 pm

Great result lads. :)
Obviously news must have filtered through that I’m back next season!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:46 pm

Hibernian 5 ITFC 4...... great Saturday. Love it.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Great result..Maybe some of the players have realised they need to put some effort in for a new contract..especially that waste if space sears ..i wouldn't want him back next season if he scored 5 .

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:17 am

That was a score you did not view coming. Unable to recall the last instance the club lost and won 4 - 0 games in quick succession but doubtless it occurred somewhere on the timeline.

Reading could feasibly drop into League One for the round of end games but seems unlikely unless a number of results go against them. Apparently today they were poor and lacked anything near aggression but let that not detract from our own performance.

Ideally Bialkowski remains for another season, by all accounts he played some pivotal parts at times out there and Martin Waghorn has been a commendable acquisition. Not getting carried away by any means as it's been another overall unsatisfactory season but there were certain elements to take from today that can be put to future purposes. Seems the team were allowed to break forward more often and show intent, something that was invariably deficient during McCarthy's tenure.

bluepeter

Post by bluepeter » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:43 am

1 might get WNKED....although I'm soused...proper Ipswich :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bluepeter

Post by bluepeter » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:50 am

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:13 am

excellent result, and (to me at least) most unexpected.

0-4 is a great result in anybody`s book.

Now I wonder - did a result like that have anything to do with Skuse and Chambers not playing? hmmmmmmm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:20 am

What a fantastic way to bring down the curtain on our away season, attempts on target, attractive on the eye football, Four goals, Four academy Boys in the line up, AND FINALLY ANOTHER FREDDIE SEARS GOAL AFTER FORTY FOUR YEARS OF WAITING !!!! Yes it had it all. Aside from the obvious joy at the win I found it to be a good game to watch, end to end, open and flowing, OK Two average teams but the entertainment for me was better than so many games in recent months.

I thought we started really well yesterday and got at them from the off with Mustapha Carayol in particular looking dangerous and causing the Reading defence problems every time he got the ball, in fact the game had barely kicked off before he tried his luck with a rasping effort that saw Mannone having to get a hand to it to keep it out, a promising and positive start. Carayol again was not far away from teeing up Waghorn but his final ball was not great and Reading defended it with ease. Town were somewhat unfortunate not to get themeselves ahead when again that man Carayol tried his luck but this time it hits somebody (which as it turned out was Folami) and goes to safety, it had been a very lively start by Town with Reading offering little going forward. Finally the Town rearguard were called into action with Kermorgant and Bodvarsson both having attepmts charged down by the Town defence.

Young Woolfenden had started solidly at the back while Folami was looking very lively and always looking for the ball, Spence at RWB was getting forward at times and had also started brightly, up front Carayol and Waghorn had been causing problems, young Nydam, who really caught my eye at Forest was again having a really good game with lots of tackles, closing down and sheer work rate standing out again, I think he is improving big time with each passing game. Town suffered their first really big scare around the half hour mark as Bodvarsson just failed to get a touch on a teasing ball across the box which could and maybe should have seen the home side go into an undeserved lead. The continued to see chances fall Town's way and Waghorn and Folami both tried their luck without success but we were definitely creating a lot more by way of chances than many games this season. Sadly for Town just before the Half Time whistle Carayol limped off yet again with another injury which was a blow as he had been the biggest threat going forward, Freddie Sears entering the fray.

The half defintely belonged to Town who had carved out several chances and looked very bright and dangerous going forward while Reading had huffed and puffed for the most part and had looked a side devoid of confidence and belief, you had to think they were going to improve after the break, Bart had little of note to do and the defence had for the most part looked solid and comfortable, the one thing we needed to improve was our ball retention as all too often we won possession but in the blink of an Eye had given it back to them again but that really was the only criticism of a decent Forty Five minutes.

The second half started with Reading looking a little more on it, Bart forced into a first real save right from the off was probably a warning of things to come as Reading had no doubt been made aware of scores elsewhere and the need to get something from this game. Another routine save from Bart minutes later kept the scores level but Town had found it tough to get back into their stride since the break and much of the play was on the edge of our box. Finally we showed ourselves as an attacking force, this time Sears weak effort being easily picked up by the Royals keeper. With the game approaching the final 20 minutes we were thankful to Bart for one of those brilliant worldy saves with which he has become famous for, a quick reading attack saw them work a fabulous opening but somehow Bart twisted and turned and and threw an arm out to brilliantly tip the effort over the bar much to the disbelief of the home fans, it was to prove a real turning point to a half that had seen the home side finally get themselves on top as Town were not long in taking the lead, a great run down the wing by Sears saw the ball finally make it's way to the impressive Jordan Spence who played a lovely pass through to waghorn who was free in the box, the striker had time to compose himself before dispatching the ball into the net in front of the jubilent away fans, I must admit at the time I thought it looked miles offside and while TV footgae shows it to be much closer than I thought at the time there is still a hint that maybe we got away with one, either way we were ahead.

What followed in the remainder of the game was hard to take in given how much toil and negativity we have had to go through in recent times but it is fair to say we pretty much took them apart and looked dangerous every time we went forward, going into the last Quarter of an hour Town doubled their lead, a lovely little lay off by the tireless Waghorn puts Spence through and his run into the box and shot capped off a good move as the ball seems to go right through the keeper, the Town fans erupting as the players celebrate right in front of us, game over surely. Reading were looking desperate now and not hurting us at the back, then as we entered time added on the unbelievable happened, a long punt upfield by a Town defender cleared everyone and as reading defender attempted to head it back to the onrushing keeper Freddie sears charged it down and for once the bounce fell kindly for the beleagured striker who had the easiest task of heading the ball into the empty, this really did start some wild celebrations among players and fans alike as every Town player acclaimed Freddie who saluted the fans, bart ran the length of the pitch to join in and it was a joyous moment for all, Reading fans were streaming out in their 100's as the Town fans sang their hearts out. Incredibly from the restart we made it Four, Reading heads had gone and the defending was by now non existent, Waghoirn again winning possession before playing in Connolly who had made a run into the box before clipping the ball over the keeper and into the net, what an end to a game and what a feeling to see goals raining in.

There is absolutely no doubt we deserved the points, a first half that chance wise we dominated mostly through Carayol failed to see us get ahead was then followed by a second half that saw reading boss for 20 minutes as they carved out a couple of really good chances but Town didn't roll over this time, kept playing football and got their reward of a first goal, once that went in it was never really in doubt and while Four may be a bit kind to us we took our chances, we didn't shut up shot and we kept going forward, I don't recall a hoofball all afternoon, instead some raking diagonal balls across field, backed up by players breaking forward to suppoort each other, Spence was tireless at RWB and got himeslf a goal and an assist, Nydam was superb in the middle and will be a big player next season, Waghorn must be one of the hardest workers I have ever seen in a Town shirt and with another goal and Two assist he has for me been our player of the season by some distance. Luke Woolfenden came in and did a solid job alongside Webster & Knudsen, Jonas is so much better as a CB and needs to be played there if he is here next season. Young Folami is also going to be a player, once he bulks a bit he will be the real deal, so many reason to be cheerful yesterday, OK Reading are bad let's not make any bones about it but we had Four kids out there and an injury list as long as any I can remember and all this on the back of the turmoil going on behind the scenes, we should be proud for a change. A special mention has to go to freddie sears, I have been one of his biggest critics but it was clear yesterday how popular a figure in the squad he is, seeing Bart race the length of the pitch to celebrate his goal shows the spirit within the camp and it was lovely to see, it will go down as a Jordan Spence assist for the crucial opening goal but lets not forget it was down to Freddie's bursting run down the Right, I still think it is too little too late with sears and for his own good he probably needs to move on, time will tell.

People may scoff at the Marcus Evans Five point plan but one part of it is without question reaping reward and that is the Academy, we have good players coming through, amke no mistake about that, Woolfenden can now join the list of Kenlock, Nydam, Folami, Downes, Morris who have all made strides this eason and there are others, I saw it at Palace back it August and it is getting better and better, be patient people it is happening and whether we like it or not much of that is down to a certain Mick McCarthy too. Good times ahead.

Bart (7) Spence (8) Woolfenden (7) Knudsen (8) Webster (7) Kenlock (6) Connolly (7) Nydam (8) Carayol (7) Waghorn (8) Folami (7)

SUBS :- Sears (8) Gleeson (6) Cotter (6)

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:20 am

it is happening and whether we like it or not much of that is down to a certain Mick McCarthy too.

You just wouldn't let it lie :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:42 am

Dubai Blue wrote:it is happening and whether we like it or not much of that is down to a certain Mick McCarthy too.

You just wouldn't let it lie :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dubai
As they say a week is a long time in football. :wink:
Last Sunday I was reading on various forums that we would never have conceded 4 goals with 10 men under Mick and this morning we would never have scored 4 goals away from home under Mick and would have tried and settle for a 1-0. :lol:
I guess for a lot of people it is a case of what camp you were in regarding MM but the point scoring really needs to stop now as when the new manager comes in he is going to need all of the fans getting behind the team.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:52 am

All this MM debate will die a death once we appoint the new manager and the new era can get underway.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:57 am

The point regarding MM is that the kids coming through and getting their chance is down to him, something Bryan Klug alluded to also, not really about point scoring just stating facts.

I think the point scoring is carrying on with some singling out individuals who didn't play yesterday and in some way that may be the reason we won, utter rubbish really, we've won away Eight times this season and Cole Skuse played in Seven of those games, who's to say we wouldn't have won 6-0 yesterday, that for me is cheap point scoring, maybe we won because Carter-Vickers didnt play ??

Anyway it was a positive day and the future is what it is all about now which is what 99% of the report focuses on, some will no doubt miss that.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:11 am

Bluemike wrote:The point regarding MM is that the kids coming through and getting their chance is down to him, something Bryan Klug alluded to also, not really about point scoring just stating facts.

I think the point scoring is carrying on with some singling out individuals who didn't play yesterday and in some way that may be the reason we won, utter rubbish really, we've won away Eight times this season and Cole Skuse played in Seven of those games, who's to say we wouldn't have won 6-0 yesterday, that for me is cheap point scoring, maybe we won because Carter-Vickers didnt play ??

Anyway it was a positive day and the future is what it is all about now which is what 99% of the report focuses on, some will no doubt miss that.
Mike
Wasn’t referring to you regarding the point scoring but with what I have read on various forums regarding Mick.
There still seems to be this divide amongst a section of fans about who was right regarding their thoughts on MM and some seem quite willing to continue to prove their point from week to week depending on the result.
Anyhow, as Hallam said hopefully this will die a death when the new manager comes in and we can then all pull in the same direction. Onwards and upwards.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:21 am

I know you weren't Tony, I had this debate on FB already and it is indeed galling to say the least. Straight after the game I had a text from Mach and the first Three words were "No Cole Skuse" I expect he is wondering why I didn't reply but to be perfectly honest I don't want to get into this petty "told you so" nonsense when we have a positive way forward, we had just won 4-0 and played well and it should be about positivity.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:19 pm

bluepeter wrote:https://thewashbag.com/2012/02/07/hall-of-shame-5/

We took the whole ground.

I will never forget that day, brilliant and we did the conga :D

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:48 pm

Those poor tits don't have a lot going for them

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:33 am

Really good result on Saturday. For me, I’m just happy we can follow a 0-4 defeat with a 4-0 win so we can not build on anymore “if Mick was here” sentiments. I’m sure we can give a bit of credit to Mick’s past influence for the players on Saturday, but there’s also a decent message that there’s life without him.

Got to admit Reading were a joke .... especially at the end. They were pathetic when even a point for them was crucial. They deserve to go sweating into the last game. Fair play to our boys for sticking in there when under pressure and Bart pulled of some great saves.

Really liked the look of Folami. No goals or MOTM performances, but he’s prepared to work hard and doesn’t look out of place at this level. Nydam also is benefitting from these ‘dead rubber’ games.

Good old Freddie worked his tits off and so deserved that goal. Only thing is.... those kind of ‘chasing lost causes’ types of goals are rare and he’ll, too often, squander much more easier chances. For me, time to move on.

I kind of think Carayol’s chances of a contract have taken a blow with his injury. Seems too injury prone and touching 30 and never really settled anywhere... I can’t help feel he could eventually be a damp squib if we take him on. Which would be a pity, as his speed and directness has been great.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:34 am

A bit like Darryl Murphy when MM first arrived, Freddie Sears has played out of position in the last couple of seasons. Having seen how devastating he was when he first arrived, I would give him at least next season playing where he is best which is not on the wing.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:56 am

barmy billy wrote:A bit like Darryl Murphy when MM first arrived, Freddie Sears has played out of position in the last couple of seasons. Having seen how devastating he was when he first arrived, I would give him at least next season playing where he is best which is not on the wing.
I get your point, but we’ve got three young strikers pushing the first team, along with garner and Waghorn. Can’t help but think all parties would benefit, especially, Sears, from a parting of ways. Can’t see Sears being a shoe-in and he can’t afford another season being a bit part player. TBH, with Murphy, he was converted to a target man role by MM where he was most effective.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:04 pm

He really does need to go, one swallow does not make a summer, aside from the lack of goals I just think Freddie is not quite good enough anymore and as Tang says Folami is looking very promising and will kick on even more next season.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:52 pm

I certainly wouldn’t want to keep Freddie Sears at the expense of losing a young player with loads of potential especially before they’ve really been given a chance. We’ve done that a few too many times already for my liking and I think selling Jack Marriott to Peterborough when we did was just another example. It looks like he’s turned into a real goal machine and may well be able to take his ability up a level to the Championship.