Season Ticket Sales

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Season Ticket Sales

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:40 pm

Up 7% on this time last year and early bird prices have been extended until Wednesday due to busy ticket telephone lines.
Still a way to go to make up on the numbers we have lost during the past few seasons but nevertheless at least some good news.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Season Ticket Sales

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:48 pm

So up 700 on 10,000 St sales from last season if it carries on in the same vein, dunno if it's just me but I find that a tad disappointing although the extension will help and then I guess once people know who the new manager is it may improve further.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:05 pm

I think what people need to acknowledge is what the ST sales would have been like had McCarthy still been here! I’d suspect there would have been a catastrophic drop still further from the measly sales for this season. You know yourself Mike, ( being a businessman) once you’ve lost a customer, it’s very hard to get them back again. Consumer confidence in the product is everything.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:09 pm

hallamblue wrote:I think what people need to acknowledge is what the ST sales would have been like had McCarthy still been here! I’d suspect there would have been a catastrophic drop still further from the measly sales for this season. You know yourself Mike, ( being a businessman) once you’ve lost a customer, it’s very hard to get them back again. Consumer confidence in the product is everything.
I think in this case though the product is something you are emotionally attached to so its a bit different. That being said its a habit, once you get out of the habit and start doing something else on a Saturday, you may find you don't really want to return. It might just take a brilliant game where you decide to be a day tripper where you suddenly get the bug again.

I also think quite a few people that gave up season tickets were people who had them for decades, they wont return unless something drastic changes, and even then I doubt they would. The people that have come back are more likely to be the younger guys who were very anti Mick, that's my guess anyway.

Id like to have seen a bigger improvement in sales but its an improvement nonetheless, at least its stopped the rot in that respect, some may well be waiting to see what we do moving forwards, we are in a bit of a limbo at this moment

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:49 pm

hallamblue wrote:I think what people need to acknowledge is what the ST sales would have been like had McCarthy still been here! I’d suspect there would have been a catastrophic drop still further from the measly sales for this season. You know yourself Mike, ( being a businessman) once you’ve lost a customer, it’s very hard to get them back again. Consumer confidence in the product is everything.
You are absolutely correct on both points,however MM is not here now and I would like to see the 1000's of "I won't come back until MM goes" put their oney where their mouths are, now it is Let's see who the new manager is" after that it will be something else.

And yes as a Businessman I do know only too well which is why it infuriates me with the flippant "drop the prices to a tenner" comments, it just does not work like that in Business, once you get to a price level everything is geared to that income accordingly, what ME has just done is actually very good in truth.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue May 01, 2018 12:19 am

It would be of great benefit to those purchasing if the new manager had been disclosed and what could feasibly lie ahead. Of course there's a certain level of excitement as we wait but one of trepidation also. (Such has been some of the potential candidates put about in recent time)

If I lived within the Portman Road vicinity and had the time to spare I'd buy one with little hesitation. People who attend games week in week out (there) will take it for granted but for everyone else there's a certain privilege in having the opportunity to be in attendance. Figures will of course now be more favorable such is McCarthy's exit and individuals should be eager to return and be witness to an improved approach.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:45 pm

I can totally understand why the new manager won’t be appointed before the ST deadline. Marcus has dropped a giant fishing hook inside Portman Road to see how many fishies will bite! Now that’s good business! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Well, they’re certainly biting!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 03, 2018 6:39 pm

charlton837 wrote:
I think in this case though the product is something you are emotionally attached to so its a bit different. That being said its a habit, once you get out of the habit and start doing something else on a Saturday, you may find you don't really want to return. It might just take a brilliant game where you decide to be a day tripper where you suddenly get the bug again.

I also think quite a few people that gave up season tickets were people who had them for decades, they wont return unless something drastic changes, and even then I doubt they would. The people that have come back are more likely to be the younger guys who were very anti Mick, that's my guess anyway.

Id like to have seen a bigger improvement in sales but its an improvement nonetheless, at least its stopped the rot in that respect, some may well be waiting to see what we do moving forwards, we are in a bit of a limbo at this moment
I think Town are going to see an increase in ST sales once the new manager is named, just cos it will mark a new era and greater stability going forward into the close season.

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Sun May 06, 2018 9:46 am

In all my years I have never owned a season ticket, but considering it this year. :o
Can you ask for a refund depending on the new manager :D

Cowley, McClaren, Redknapp, would ask for one.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun May 06, 2018 11:22 am

Does anyone know what the running total on season ticket sales are, after the initial 7% rise and a extension to the "early bird" to last Wednesday ?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu May 17, 2018 3:19 pm

Any news on how many sold yet?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri May 18, 2018 7:29 am

derick_ipsw wrote:Any news on how many sold yet?
Reading very loosely between the lines, I guess what you could be alluding to is due to the interest and boost in positivity surrounding getting a new young hot-shot manager, there’ll be a surge in ST sales. Only for, say, Simon Grayson to be unveiled as manager. Could well happen..... but I can’t believe Evans would be stupid enough to pull that stunt. Whatever short term gain you get by selling extra ST’s, you’d completely wipe out the fans support in one fail swoop and take the club to new low levels before a ball is kicked.

Good luck to Simon Grayson if he gets the job as he’ll need skin far thicker than Micks.... the fans have already been sold on Ross or Hurst and just waiting for the announcement.

Haven’t seen any figures on the sales.... I’ve lost track of when the early bird deadline is or has been.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:29 am

Has there been any indication of how many season tickets have been sold yet?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:40 am

Given that our ST prices are at their lowest since 2010 I guess it would be a huge disappointment if there isn’t a decent uplift in the number of actual tickets sold. In fact the club would need to sell more than 20% more tickets to receive the same revenue just allowing for minimal inflation.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:06 pm

We are just short of 11K at present but considering the club were facing another decrease this time around it has stemmed the flow and is starting to reverse the trend.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:07 pm

Maybe a couple of decent results at the start of the season with some exciting football played and this number could climb to 12k.

How great to be options before a ball is kicked, if only it could last.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:26 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:06 pm
We are just short of 11K at present but considering the club were facing another decrease this time around it has stemmed the flow and is starting to reverse the trend.
That is quite disappointing actually, I thought the price reductions would of got us nearly 14000. :(

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:10 pm

I did too Derick, takes time I guess but all this "I will return the minute MM goes" was just hot air spouted by the ususl numbskulls.