Luke Hyam

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Luke Hyam

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 07, 2018 10:50 pm

Leaving the club according to a message he's put on his Instagram, can't say I'm sorry, never been good enough in my book. The clearout begins.

Shed on tour

Re: Luke Hyam

Post by Shed on tour » Tue May 08, 2018 6:13 am

Not surprised, I agree not good enough if we are looking to improve although to be fair to him his career has been hampered somewhat by injuries in the past few years.
Anyhow, good luck to him in the future and as you say the clearout begins.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue May 08, 2018 7:10 am

It would be a backward step if we kept him on. Just a squad filler player who could get in the way of Nydam, Downes, Dozzell, etc.... and an injury plagued one at that. Glad we gave Bishop another shot because he’s potentially got that extra something.... but it’s likely to be last chance saloon for him. He could do worse than think about Hyam leaving and seeing himself in that position in a years time.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue May 08, 2018 11:53 am

I really liked the look of him when I first saw him play as an 18 year old at Exeter, but as far as I can tell, he's practically the same player today. Hard to apportion blame to that, but you'd at least think training with Cole Skuse for the last 5 years would have imparted a bit of intelligence on his game, maybe it's been injuries and ability stopping a run of games, maybe it's eagerness to stake a claim for a starting spot, but he's always been a bit bull in a China shop.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 08, 2018 12:40 pm

Ricco wrote:.......but he's always been a bit bull.
Sentence could've ended there ^^^ Ricco.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue May 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Good we have a lot of midfielders better than he is. Ipswich lad thou, so all the best for the future.