Folami Signs

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Folami Signs

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 08, 2018 8:13 pm

Blues striker Ben Folami has signed a three-year contract with Town, his first professional deal.

The 18-year-old has broken into the first team in the closing weeks of the season making one Championship start and three sub appearances, having made his senior debut at Crystal Palace in the Carabao Cup in August.

“It’s great to get the contract sorted and I’m looking forward to hopefully an exciting three years at Ipswich,” the Australian, who joined the academy as a full-time scholar in the summer of 2016 having spent time at Playford Road in previous school holidays, told iFollow Ipswich.

“To be involved over the last month with the first team has been brilliant. I have to be grateful first of all to Mick [McCarthy] and TC [Terry Connor] for giving me 45 minutes against Millwall.

“I never expected that and then I’m grateful obviously to Bryan [Klug] for allowing me to start my first ever game in the Championship [at Reading].

“Things have moved on for me very quickly over the last month and now I have to build on that.

"I have had a taste of the first team now and my target for next season is to be involved at that level as regularly long as possible.”
Fab news, this boy is gonna be a decent player for us, so much good news coming out of the club today.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Folami Signs

Post by marko69 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:31 pm

Must admit, thought it was going to be an advert for a Sign Shop;

HALF PRICE VINYL WRAPS @ FOLAMI SIGNS!

Yep, great news....... the limited times he’s played, he’s has good press.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:07 pm

Always nice to hear we've acquired a new prospect with potential to appreciate in value as opposed to an ageing, dilapidated house with the shutters falling off!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:48 pm

Aye but Folami isn’t going anywhere until he gets that garden tidied, 9.