west brom down

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

BLUEBLOOD

west brom down

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Tue May 08, 2018 9:58 pm

West Brom next season Southamtons win against Swansea sees them almost safe so it will be Swansea or Huddersfield for final spot the later only need 1 point from 2 games.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: west brom down

Post by Charnwood » Tue May 08, 2018 10:30 pm

Sad to see The Baggies relegated, I was really hoping to see them survive. I can’t see any team ever wanting Alan Pardew as their new manager, maybe his football management career is over ?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:52 pm

Swansea will win or draw v Stoke, and Man City will destroy Southampton 10-0 ...., both on Sunday. Southampton relegated. Book it!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed May 09, 2018 11:31 pm

Their rivalry with Wolverhampton is supposed to be the most intense in the British Isles although you would beg to differ. Feel a level of sympathy to see them out the EPL but obviously over the course of nine months were deemed not good enough to be a part of it next time out.

Hope Southampton remain also if they're indeed in some situation of peril. They must have been in the Championship league in recent time but unable to recall it at this exact time, always associate them with top level "football". Older generation will remember they almost did the double back in the 80's. Nice family club that produced some established England internationals, hope they stay up if possible.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:32 pm

Only a Wolves or WBA fan would say the derby is the most intense in the UK. The Edinburgh derby is clearly the most intense! :D

On a more serious note, one of the biggest rivalries in the UK that has seen uncontrollable violence including murder........ Not Celtic v The Rangers......, Cumnock v Auchinleck Talbot. Only 1.7 miles apart in Ayrshire, but they properly hate each other.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 11, 2018 1:36 pm

Forfar/Arbroath by a mile

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon May 14, 2018 9:27 am

marko69 wrote:Only a Wolves or WBA fan would say the derby is the most intense in the UK. The Edinburgh derby is clearly the most intense! :D

On a more serious note, one of the biggest rivalries in the UK that has seen uncontrollable violence including murder........ Not Celtic v The Rangers......, Cumnock v Auchinleck Talbot. Only 1.7 miles apart in Ayrshire, but they properly hate each other.

Cumnock I believe was George Burley’s birth place, I wonder what he made of it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 am

Just googled that,......, you’re right. Didn’t know that.

Remember my bro in law used to live a 45 seconds walk from the Bonnyrigg Rose ground. One Saturday back in the 90s he decided me and him should go to a Rose v Bo’ness Utd game! The one and only junior game I went too. Fkn wall to wall nutcases. Chucking pies at each other. Good, Masons Bakery Pies!

Opposite to non league daaaan saaaath! Went to a Gravesend & Northfleet (now Ebbesfleet) v Sittingbourne game...... friendliest bunch ever. Was great. And 3-0 The Fleet! Get in.