Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 15, 2018 4:58 pm

Nottingham Forest, Bristol City and Ipswich Town are eyeing moves for Peterborough United winger Gwion Edwards, HITC Sport understands.

Edwards has impressed at Peterborough since joining the club from Crawley Town in the summer of 2016.

The former Swansea City youngster is regarded as one of the best attackers outside the top two leagues following a string of impressive performances for Peterborough.

The versatile attacker scored seven goals and registered five assists in 33 games in all competitions for Posh and his displays have not gone unnoticed elsewhere higher up the football pyramid.

Gwion Edwards of Peterborough United in action during the Sky Bet League One match between Peterborough United and Northampton Town at ABAX Stadium on April 2, 2018 in Peterborough,...

Nottingham Forest boss Aitor Karanka is planning major changes at the City Ground this summer with a number of players coming in and several heading out and Edwards is thought to figure on his wanted list.

Bristol City chief Lee Johnson is looking to add some pace and width to his side next season and he is keeping tabs on Edwards, while managerlesss Ipswich are are also in the market for attacking reinforcements as they were among the lowest goalscorers in the Championship this season.

Peterborough would be reluctant to lose Edwards this summer, but they are bracing themselves for interest in the player when the transfer window opens.
Never really heard of him TBH.

Tangfastic

Re: Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Post by Tangfastic » Tue May 15, 2018 5:56 pm

How can we be truly interested in him if we don’t have a manager?

On the other hand, seeing the impact that Carayol had at times ... we could really do with a pacy winger... when we get a manager.

Did notice though that McCloughlin got a new deal.... so that must be input from Klug.

Oh BTW... congrats on the new 2018/19 transfer window thread ... you must have been desperate to start that :) should be an interesting or frustrating one when it runs its course.
Last edited by Tangfastic on Tue May 15, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue May 15, 2018 5:58 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Nottingham Forest, Bristol City and Ipswich Town are eyeing moves for Peterborough United winger Gwion Edwards, HITC Sport understands.

Edwards has impressed at Peterborough since joining the club from Crawley Town in the summer of 2016.

The former Swansea City youngster is regarded as one of the best attackers outside the top two leagues following a string of impressive performances for Peterborough.

The versatile attacker scored seven goals and registered five assists in 33 games in all competitions for Posh and his displays have not gone unnoticed elsewhere higher up the football pyramid.

Gwion Edwards of Peterborough United in action during the Sky Bet League One match between Peterborough United and Northampton Town at ABAX Stadium on April 2, 2018 in Peterborough,...

Nottingham Forest boss Aitor Karanka is planning major changes at the City Ground this summer with a number of players coming in and several heading out and Edwards is thought to figure on his wanted list.

Bristol City chief Lee Johnson is looking to add some pace and width to his side next season and he is keeping tabs on Edwards, while managerlesss Ipswich are are also in the market for attacking reinforcements as they were among the lowest goalscorers in the Championship this season.

Peterborough would be reluctant to lose Edwards this summer, but they are bracing themselves for interest in the player when the transfer window opens.
Never really heard of him TBH.

This is ridiculous, I can’t believe we’ll do anything in the transfer market until we have a new manager in place.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 17, 2018 6:36 pm

tangfastic wrote:How can we be truly interested in him if we don’t have a manager?

On the other hand, seeing the impact that Carayol had at times ... we could really do with a pacy winger... when we get a manager.

Did notice though that McCloughlin got a new deal.... so that must be input from Klug.

Oh BTW... congrats on the new 2018/19 transfer window thread ... you must have been desperate to start that :) should be an interesting or frustrating one when it runs its course.
It's open today !!! :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 23, 2018 6:46 am

Not a rumour but Rod Wallace released by Sheff Wed ??? Always rated him, could do a lot lot worse if looking for a wide player.
OR
How about a punt on Darren Bent as a 4th striker ??? Again a free agent.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed May 23, 2018 7:12 am

Bluemike wrote:Not a rumour but Rod Wallace released by Sheff Wed ??? Always rated him, could do a lot lot worse if looking for a wide player.
OR
How about a punt on Darren Bent as a 4th striker ??? Again a free agent.
When you said Rod Wallace I genuinely thought “ is he still playing?”. A quick look and Rod’s 48 ... Could bring in his brothers Danny and Ray for the experience :)

Don’t know much about the player, but is it Ross Wallace you mean?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Sorry yes Ross Wallace

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:50 pm

Darren Bent , Mike?.. you serious munchkin ? :shock:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:26 pm

hallamblue wrote:Darren Bent , Mike?.. you serious munchkin ? :shock:
No was a weak moment lol

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:28 pm

Frank Noubles looking for a new club. Only 26 and looking for his umpteenth club.

No offence to the lad, but can’t believe he got 60 games with us in the Championship.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:30 pm

Can't believe he got 60 minutes.

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Any likely signings from Shrewsbury on the way, didn't they have 2 on loan from the scum :astroll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:32 pm

There are weak rumours of Jon Nolan and Aristote Nsiala which are their best Two players in my opinion but nowt concrete. Henderson the GK was on loan from Man Utd and is available as a free agent which would be a fab signing but there will be plenty after him.

One of the loanees from scum city is out for months after picking up a serious injury at Wembley, could even be a year according to some reports.

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:17 pm

isn't Nolan their midfielder will he be any good for Town Mike ? not seen him personally

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:16 pm

He is decent from what I saw but that is an area of the team that really doesn't need strengthening, injuries permitting of course.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:18 pm

I suspect Hurst will bolster the defence and also get in another GK

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:55 pm

With Celina and Carayol gone, leaving Ward and Rowe, we’re a bit thin on natural wide players. If he intends to play with width and pace, then PH might look for reinforcements.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:38 am

Out-of-contract AFC Wimbledon frontman Lyle Taylor continues to be linked with the Blues and a number of other clubs.

Taylor, 28, was first mentioned in connection with Town in March along with Burton Albion, while a number of other sides are reported to have joined the chase.

According to the Daily Mail Sunderland and Wigan are now keen, while Southend United, Bristol Rovers and Peterborough United are also among the suitors and Wimbledon have offered their 44-goal record EFL scorer a new deal.

Taylor, who can also play wide on either side, started his professional career with Millwall but moved on before making a senior appearance for the Lions, having spent time on loan with Eastbourne and Croydon Athletic.

After a spell with Concord Rangers, the Londoner, who has won three caps for Monserrat, scoring three goals, joined Bournemouth in 2010.

In addition to his first league appearances, Taylor also had stints on loan with Lewes, Hereford United and Woking while a Cherries player.

In 2012 he moved on to Falkirk, then a year later joined Sheffield United before a loan spell with Partick Thistle.

Scunthorpe was his next destination before another loan at Firhill and then a permanent switch to Wimbledon in July 2015.

Since joining the Dons, who he helped to win the League Two play-offs in 2015/16 when he netted in the final, Taylor has scored 55 goals in 131 starts and 17 sub appearances in all competitions, 18 of those goals last season.
I am kinda hoping we can do better than this, no disrespect but he hardly has a glowing CV and at the age he is further improvement seems unlikely.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:06 am

I’d like us to use Hurst’s knowledge of the lower leagues, but also prefer a player who’s not been around the houses so often. I was similarly worried about Carayols record as well ( although he had some exciting cameos ).

Definitely need some pace and direct runners ... this Taylor’s not for me, based on his history.

Strangely enough, our most successful season under Mick was when we had Anderson and Tabb as wide men.... hardly pacy. But then we had a 27 goal target man who hit an amazing once in a career purple patch.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:37 pm

I see on Green un we are the bookies favourites to get relegated next season :lol: :lol: :lol: yeh right , who writes all this sh*t and where do the bookies get their info, I think I'll have a bet for a top 6 finish, :shock:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:10 am

Crystal Palace have announced that goalkeeper Vincent Guaita has agreed a three-year deal with the club.

The 31-year-old will officially become a Palace player on July 1st, when his contract with Getafe expires.

Palace have been linked with a number of different goalkeepers over the last few weeks but it looks like Guaita will be the club’s number one next season.

What that means for the future of Wayne Hennessey remains to be seen, but with Guaita apparently rejecting a number of clubs to join Palace, one would expect that he will have been told that he’ll be Roy Hodgson’s first-choice.

Speaking to the club’s official website, Crystal Palace Chairman Steve Parish said:

"We are delighted to sign one of La Liga’s best goalkeepers and pleased that we beat off the competition for his signature. We very much look forward to Vicente joining in pre-season training and helping us push on in the Premier League."

With Palace being touted as the team showing clear interest in Bart last season and again this maybe this signing gives us a better chance of keeping hold of him although I would still sell this Summer if that contract isn't signed soon.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:45 pm

ashfordblue wrote:I see on Green un we are the bookies favourites to get relegated next season :lol: :lol: :lol: yeh right , who writes all this sh*t and where do the bookies get their info, I think I'll have a bet for a top 6 finish, :shock:

Maybe it’s worth a few of us getting together on here and putting a sizeable bet on to cream the bookies ? :mrgreen:

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:29 pm

ashfordblue wrote:I see on Green un we are the booki:es favourites to get relegated next season I think I'll have a bet for a top 6 finish, :shock:

Who writes this sh*t top 6 finish (no offence intended Ashford) Ha Ha Ha.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:17 pm

I can’t believe Forest have brought in two players from Benfica today, one on a seasons loan and the other for a fee of £13.2 million for Carvalho, how the hell can we compete with that. Our only hope is that there money is as well spent as Derby’s was last season !

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:29 pm

Another team flouting FFP rules, a few months ago they were under an embargo !!!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:40 am

hallamblue wrote:
ashfordblue wrote:I see on Green un we are the bookies favourites to get relegated next season :lol: :lol: :lol: yeh right , who writes all this sh*t and where do the bookies get their info, I think I'll have a bet for a top 6 finish, :shock:

Maybe it’s worth a few of us getting together on here and putting a sizeable bet on to cream the bookies ? :mrgreen:
Don't use their website to ascertain team news, the above illustrates one reason to glean information elsewhere. Who the f*ck had the idea to label an Ipswich Town associated news page 'Green' to begin with ? Not only that, but Norwich get to see themselves as 'pink' if correct. Either someone made a fundamental error or there was a deliberate attempt from a third-party to antagonize both sets of supporters. Totally inappropriate colors for both involved.

If I want reliable team news I'd go for TWTD, the Official Club site or maybe the EADT. Labeling the team to be prime bet for a relegation is questionable, chances it could occur in a year from now appear between slim and zero. Interesting to know how Nottingham Forest raised near 14 million for a transfer also. (If they can afford such fees then why did they finish mid-league at last observation)

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:06 am

Bluemike wrote:Another team flouting FFP rules, a few months ago they were under an embargo !!!

Are they to become the new Wolves or as I call them bendy Wolves? :D

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:19 am

saint jude wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

Don't use their website to ascertain team news, the above illustrates one reason to glean information elsewhere. Who the f*ck had the idea to label an Ipswich Town associated news page 'Green' to begin with ? Not only that, but Norwich get to see themselves as 'pink' if correct. Either someone made a fundamental error or there was a deliberate attempt from a third-party to antagonize both sets of supporters. Totally inappropriate colors for both involved.

If I want reliable team news I'd go for TWTD, the Official Club site or maybe the EADT. Labeling the team to be prime bet for a relegation is questionable, chances it could occur in a year from now appear between slim and zero. Interesting to know how Nottingham Forest raised near 14 million for a transfer also. (If they can afford such fees then why did they finish mid-league at last observation)
The Green'Un started out as a local paper at least as long ago as the 1950's, and I remember my Dad getting it regularly in Felixstowe throughout the 50's and 60's.
I am assuming that the website is from the same company - therefore as far as I'm concerned I'd trust what it says more than I'd trust EADT - as for TWTD, all that does is to report other peoples news.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:21 am

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:48 am

The defender makes sense. We’d have to move on some midfielders for Nolan... and he could cost a bit.

Hurst has the habit of buying players he’s worked with before. We’ve got too many midfielders but too many are injury prone or lacking in experience.

Would he consider selling a young player like Bishop, Dozzell, Downes or Nydam to bring in some funds?