Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Magicmark

Re: Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Post by Magicmark » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:31 am

Now if we had sold Sears that would off be good buiness, guess nobody wanted him.The new manager might be able to install some confidence in him.or we could loan him out.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:35 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:12 am
Magicmark wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:58 pm
Bit pissed off he's gone tbh .So how many forwards have we got now, 3? Not into this one up front.
4 ........Harrison , Jackson, Sears & Morris.
And Folami, I think that lad has got something about him, he looked decent tail end of last season. No doubt another striker will be arriving on loan in the next couple of weeks.

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:30 am

Wow what a pre season! I can't remember a transfer window like it. Young hungry players, it's what we have been asking for and the club have delivered.

Still a bit of money to play with. I would imagine the wage bill is reduced because our new signings would not be demanding massive wages.

What's interesting is there have been plenty slating Chambers, skuse and Sears and they are the ones left. Probably coz no one else wanted them. It will be interesting to see if skuse stays in the team. I can't see him picking Sears when the newbies are up to speed.

Let the journey begin.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:02 am

In true Ipswich “luck” though....... Freddie Sears will end up at a team like Rotherham and have a record breaking season with 27 goals.

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:33 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:02 am
In true Ipswich “luck” though....... Freddie Sears will end up at a team like Rotherham and have a record breaking season with 27 goals.
That’s probably true, because they would play him as a central striker.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:14 am

Thing is about Sears he looked the business when he first came here,his poor form may of been because he has been played out of position,I doubt he will come good again,well not at this club,a change is needed,might prove us all wrong,hope he does.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:35 pm

I could name you plenty of players that have been played out of position but who got dogs abuse at times, Murphy, Chambers, Douglas etc, difference is they got on with it, Sears has gotten off very lightly in truth.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:10 pm

jonathan Walters comes to mind,left us & became a good prem player for Stoke.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:48 am
I thought he was anything but a headless chicken, you're getting him mixed up with Sears.
You also thought the transfer window was the worst ever and was bored of it. Then posted how much of a success it had been. Each to their own i guess :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:53 pm

Worst ever in terms of stress yes, not signings :astroll:

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:09 pm

Have to be honest, i thought Sears played really quite well against Blackburn

I thought his crossing was excellent especially for first goal.

He looked happier and overall i thought he played quite well, just as i thought he did towards end of last season.

Lets see what happens from now on

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:20 pm

He's been worse for sure, he's just not for me I'm afraid, we all have our own thoughts etc and I would love to eat my words as he has a blinding season, can't lie I loved it at Reading last away game last season when he scored, my fickleness shone through lol.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:30 pm

You know as well as i do Mike there's always a player who gets the bird. No matter how well he plays or does. That's life

Can look down every season and always a player love to hate. Just saying that's life. Sears played well last Saturday, whether he plays to that slandered again time will tell

Exciting times though isn't it?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:02 pm

It really is exciting times, from the minute we appointed Hurst I have been buzzing for this season to arrive and while it may be tricky to start with what with so many new faces from lower leagues I believe we are in for an enjoyable campaign, if only we had secured Curtis Tilt, that would have made it a fantastic window but you never know what PH has up his sleeve where loans are concerned.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:26 am

Agree with you there, Mike. It certainly is exciting times for ITFC. I have to give ME some credit for massaging the finances. Hurst has a good eye for talent. I feel really good about the season. I think we’ll be the surprise of the championship.

COYB!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 am

For me, this has been a really exciting transfer window
Am i expecting a top six finish?. Not at all.
Not only did we need a new manager, but a complete new overall of the club as we seemed stuck in a rut.
Hurst has taken this on completely. No half measures and hes got a plan to target the better players from the lower leagues we can afford. If thst means letting go of experienced players hes done it.
I thought this was going to be more evolution than revolution. That would have been the safer,more pragmatic route, but Hurst has been bold and stuck to a plan. Im liking it, but aware this is more risky.
Time will tell, but im very hopeful we're at least attempting to break out of the cycle we're in.
Obvious response to that is we'll break the cycle by getting relegated. Thats possible and if thats the most important thing then we should have stuck with Mick and have x more years of
drab football, toxic atmospheres and spiralling attendances.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:39 am

I may see things through Blue Tinted glasses but I don't for a second see us being anywhere near a team in trouble this season, I just don't. Hurst is a very ambitious and driven manager who wants to get to the top, he has shown he will be ruthless in his quest to do so, his reputation is borne out of success and the results he has already achieved. I often see comments about how a boss should cut his teeth at the bottom rung first and work his way up, this is exactly the route he is taking, Boston, Grimsby, Shrewsbury, Ipswich, his achievements at Shrewsbury should not be underestimated, they rubbed shoulders with Blackburn all last season and we saw how tough they were last weekend, and all that after being labelled as relegation favs and with pretty much the smallest budget in League One, for me we have a gem who knows lower league players and who has just purchased some of the best of them.

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:25 am

Have just put a tenner on a top six finish😂COYB

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:29 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:29 am
Not only did we need a new manager, but a complete new overall of the club as we seemed stuck in a rut.
That’s that sorted, Tang.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:16 pm

No need for for autocorrect, hey Marko ... we’ve got you :)

Maybe those coveralls/ boiler suits would have worked out better against Rotherham.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Ipswich Town are back in the running to sign Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt, a month after reportedly having had a bid rejected by Terry McPhillips’ side.

According to a tweet by Sun journalist Alan Nixon, Paul Hurst has shown further interest in signing the 27-year-old with a new and improved bid, which is likely to go through.

The tweet stated: “IPSWICH. In with new bid for Curtis Tilt at Blackpool. Should happen. Rival keen too but not moved fast enough. More online or in paper.”

The Tractor Boys are looking to secure the signing of the defender on loan with a view to a permanent deal in January, having missed the cut off date earlier this month.

Tilt made 45 appearances in all competitions last season, scoring one goal for the Tangerines, in a campaign that saw his side finish 12th in the League One table.

Tilt would join a whole host of other summer signings, with the likes of Trevoh Chalobah, Janoi Donecian, Kayden Jackson, Aristote Nsiala, Jon Nolan, Gwion Edwards, Ellis Harrison, Jordan Roberts, Tayo Edun who all arrived at Portman Road this summer.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:42 am

Don't know how much truth is in it but I was told yesterday we have tried to bring Tammy Abraham in on loan.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:53 am

So if we have only two possible loans ( as per Hursts comment) which position do we need most?

Another CB ( Tilt) ? Another striker ? A left winger? No ones nailed down that left wing spot... Roberts is not good enough seemigly to be in the squad and Sears/Ward have disappointed. Eden’s suspended.

That stupid residency situation with Docanien meaning he takes up a loan spot is annoying. If we had three loan places available I would go for a CB, striker and left winger.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:57 am

We can bring in as many as we like but can only have 5 in the mstch day squad, Hurst is reluctant to have loanees sitting in the stand.

Personally I would bring 3 or 4 in, CB, Striker, winger and Left Back.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:03 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:57 am
We can bring in as many as we like but can only have 5 in the mstch day squad, Hurst is reluctant to have loanees sitting in the stand.

I would too... if one gets disappointed ..then so be it. There’s a few players on our books who are disappointed by being left out ... like Nydam. Part of the job.

Would that LB be one in and one out, because we’re covered there ? Knudsen?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:27 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:03 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:57 am

I would too... if one gets disappointed ..then so be it. There’s a few players on our books who are disappointed by being left out ... like Nydam. Part of the job.

Would that LB be one in and one out, because we’re covered there ? Knudsen?
Well for me personally and in an ideal world it would be a LB to come in and play as first choice as I just do not think Jonas is the answer, however I know that is not going to happen anytime soon.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:15 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:42 am
Don't know how much truth is in it but I was told yesterday we have tried to bring Tammy Abraham in on loan.
If that’s true then fair play to him for aiming high.... but this has as much chance of happening as Celtic not winning the SPL.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:20 am

I agree but Celtic aint gonna win it :D

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:47 am

Carter-Vickers to return????? I would LOVE this! Perfect signing and would really improve this team!

TWTD understands Town are keen to bring Tottenham centre-half Cameron Carter-Vickers back to Portman Road on loan.

Carter-Vickers, 20, enjoyed a hugely successful loan spell with the Blues during the second half of last season, making 17 starts.

The four-times-capped US international is currently out with a groin injury but it’s not expected to sideline him for long.

EFL clubs have until the end of the month to sign players on loan with a central defender and a striker on Blues boss Paul Hurst’s wish list.

Town are also reported to have recently renewed their interest in Blackpool centre-back Curtis Tilt - in whom Wigan are also said to have shown interest - but speaking yesterday Hurst said there had been no new developments on that front.

“Nothing’s changed in terms of him being a player that I like,” he said. “But as far as I’m aware nothing’s changed on that situation.”

The Blues also made a move to sign AFC Wimbledon skipper Deji Oshilaja late on the final day of the transfer window but were unable to agree a fee with the 25-year-old.

Hurst subsequently said it’s unlikely that Oshilaja would join on loan: “I’m not sure whether a loan deal would be happening there.”

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:13 pm

Would love CCV back, very good defender and just what is needed.