Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Post by Charnwood » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:32 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:47 am
Birmingham City are reportedly ready to offer the Blues £3 million for keeper Bartosz Bialkowski and Town may make a loan move for Bolton’s Ben Amos as his replacement.

Birmingham’s interest in Bialkowski first emerged on Friday and, according to The Sun on Sunday, the Midlanders are willing to make a £3 million bid for the Polish international.

While it would be a hugely unpopular move with fans, Town may well be prepared to take an offer of around that size for the 31-year-old rather than risk losing one of their most highly-prized assets on a free transfer next summer.

Bialkowski is contracted to the Blues until the end of June 2019, the club having exercised the option for a further year on his contract at the end of last season.

But the former Southampton and Notts County man is still to put pen to paper on the new deal ex-boss Mick McCarthy said had been agreed in January.

Speaking in April, Bialkowski said his agent was continuing to talk to owner Marcus Evans regarding the new terms.

The Sun claims Town could look to replace Bialkowski, the club’s Player of the Year for the last three seasons, with Amos, 28.

The 6ft 3in tall former Crewe Alexandra and Manchester United trainee spent last season on loan with Charlton in League One where he was ever-present, making 50 starts.

Macclesfield-born Amos made seven senior appearances for the Red Devils while at Old Trafford but spent much of his time out on loan, featuring for Peterborough, Molde, Oldham, Hull City, Carlisle and Bolton before making his switch to the Trotters permanent in 2015 when he signed a four-year deal.

However, having dropped to second choice at the Macron Stadium, he joined Cardiff on loan for 2016/17 - making 16 starts - and then the Addicks last season.

Despite not having played for Bolton for two years and appearing to be out of their long-term plans, Amos, who was linked with Millwall last month, went on their pre-season training camp in Scotland.

“Ben’s with the first team now and we’ll see what happens, whether a club comes in for him,” manager Phil Parkinson told The Bolton News.

“You can see he had a good year with Charlton. He came back and worked very hard with [goalkeeper-coach] Lee [Butler] and the other keepers so you really don’t know what might happen.

“There have been one or two enquiries but I think his confidence has been helped enormously.”

On Friday, Scottish reports linked with the Blues with Wes Foderingham, who is set to depart Rangers this summer, and it is believed Town have made preliminary contact regarding the 27-year-old, who is also viewed as a possible replacement should Bialkowski move on.

Summer interest in Bialkowski, who is currently away having been given time off following the World Cup, had been widely expected due to his contract situation and with Crystal Palace having targeted him in January.
I've got to be honest, if Bart were to depart for Birmingham I would look on him as a bit of an arsehole, OK hold out from signing the contract you promised was going to be signed for a Prem move but Birmingham FFS ?? That is not progression at all, not in my book anyway. I would like a genuine reason as to why Bart has refused to sign the contract that was a formality not that long ago, a move to Crystal Palace I could just about live with but Brum ? Do me a favour.

The flip side of it is he walks away for nothing in 12 months time so if it were to be Three Million it is not a bad deal, what I don't get is why we are looking at a bloody loan move for a keeper ? Sign someone FFS, not sure Amos is the answer and certainly no better than Gerken, also linked with Foderingham who I think I would prefer out of the Two.

One of my golf pals who is a lifetime Birmingham City fan recons Brum are in talks with Man City to sign Joe Hart. Anyone else heard this rumour? That would definitely kybosh any interest in our Bart even if there’s not much to choose between them both. :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:51 pm

Yes I’d read somewhere that they were after Hart. He’s crap, so they’re welcome to him , lol. As for Bart, I’m fed up of this circus now. Either sign the contract or be sold. Simples!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:58 pm

J4ck22 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:30 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:26 pm
They arent queuing up for him cus he aint the messiah some think he is, and yes I agree with you completely!!
Definitely. People used to crucify Gerken for being poor with crosses, but honestly I don't think Bart is much better with them. Last season I witnessed many headers from the 6 yard line trickle past him. Great shot stopper and has won us many points, but like most keepers I think he's also cost us more than people realise.
Absolutely spot on with this. I actually like pissin* them off on TWTD say the same. I’m sick to death of this Bart hero worship because other than his reflex shot stopping ability the rest of his goalkeeping is bang average . And cant kick the ball for bloody toffees . Imth8nk the only reason he got POTY 3 seasons in a row, is cos our back four are essentially crap!

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:53 am

Town are signing Peterborough winger. https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... er-edwards

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:43 pm

Seem's Bart isn't going anywhere now

www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/14/bartosz-b ... ct/page/1/

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Well I wish it would be sorted either way as it's getting boring now. I see we are quoting 7 Million price tag on Waghorn's head, that being the case I can't see him going anywhere else anytime soon.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 am

Maybe Derick is right, maybe this is still a rumour, if not I find PH's comments odd to say the least, unless it's just a smokescreen but you would like to think the manager knows of any deals being done by the owner !!! Hopefully the Curtis Tilt rumour becomes reality though, we deffo need Two CB's.
Town boss Paul Hurst says it’s news to him that the Blues have had an offer for winger Gwion Edwards accepted but hopes that that is the case.

Asked about the story, which broke last night, Hurst responded: “Have we? That’s news to me!”

Quizzed on whether Edwards, 25, is a player he’s interested in, he added: “I like the player, that bit’s news to me. Hopefully, you’re right.”

It’s believed the Blues and Posh have agreed a fee of £700,000 with the former Wales U21 international’s previous club Crawley set to receive a six-figure sell-on windfall. It's likely the Town-Posh deal includes further top-ups and also a sell-on clause.

Questioned about Blackpool central defender Curtis Tilt, for whom the Blues are understood to have made a £550,000 offer, he added: “I think we can roll the list on and on and on. I want a centre-back. I don’t know whether Curtis will be the one or not.

“And also I think what we have to appreciate is whether clubs want to sell, the prices they’re going to cost.

"That all has to come into the equation because we can all be a manager standing there saying we want this player or that player.

“But those players are good players, they’re probably the type of calibre I’m looking for.”

Would he have wanted more signings before now and more with a Championship pedigree? “Championship experience doesn’t bother me, doesn’t faze me. We’ve had success elsewhere. I just want good players. I think I’ve said in the past that they can come from Mars if they’re good players. That’s what I’m interested in.

“Would I have liked more? Yes, as I said in my first press conference, I’d have wished we’d got the squad all together on the day we arrived back, but we all know that was never going to be the case. But we would like them in sooner rather than later.”

He says Adam Webster’s exit to Bristol City for an initial fee of £3.5 million has given him more freedom in the transfer market than he might otherwise have had.

“Yes, there’s no doubt that helps,” he said. “Any funds that come in are clearly going to be utilised to try and strengthen the squad again.

“Him leaving, we already said we needed a centre-back, we probably need two now. Jordan Spence played there in the first half today. It’s not foreign to him, he’s played it before but I think we’d all agree his number one position is as a full-back, which he went to in the second half.

“And the only other recognised centre-half we’ve got at the minute is Luke Woolfenden, a very young player. I think the potential is there, but is he ready for Championship football? I think that’s a big, big ask.”

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:31 am

Well, the Peterborough owner seems to be overly quick and gobby on social media... so that might have taken Hurst by surprise.

Everyone might have agreed a deal, but what happens if Edwards fails his medical?. He’s been injured often over the last couple of years. I think the move is likely, but the Peterborough boss may have broken protocol by taking to Twitter.

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:36 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:31 am
Well, the Peterborough owner seems to be overly quick and gobby on social media... so that might have taken Hurst by surprise.

Everyone might have agreed a deal, but what happens if Edwards fails his medical?. He’s been injured often over the last couple of years. I think the move is likely, but the Peterborough boss may have broken protocol by taking to Twitter.
It feels like you can't do any business with Peterborough without MacAnthony parading it all over social media before anything has been confirmed. I can remember him running his mouth about their interest in Kieffer Moore before he went to Barnsley.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:35 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:43 pm
Seem's Bart isn't going anywhere now

www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/14/bartosz-b ... ct/page/1/
https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/b ... -contract/ CONFIRMED. :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:41 pm

About bloody time, obviously all about money or Prem move, I glad it is done and dusted though, it's like a new signing really as he looked for all the world like he was off.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:39 am

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:39 pm

Town, Wigan Athletic and Bolton Wanderers are reported to be keen on out-of-favour Norwich City winger Yanic Wildschut.

According to HITC Sport, the Canaries are prepared to accept offers for the 26-year-old Dutchman, who was on loan at Cardiff from January until May but made only three appearances for the Bluebirds, who are not pursuing their interest.

Having previously been with FC Zwolle, VVV-Venlo, Heerenveen, ADO Den Haag (loan) and Middlesbrough, Wildschut joined Norwich from Wigan for a fee in the region of £7 million in January 2017, but has failed to win a regular place in the team at Carrow Road.

Town boss Paul Hurst said early in the summer that he wanted to add wingers to his squad but having signed Jordan Roberts and Gwion Edwards may not be after further widemen, while signing a player from Norwich always proves controversial with fans.

Elsewhere, Blues target Curtis Tilt is again being linked with Rangers. The Blackpool central defender is reported to have been watched by the Glasgow club in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Burnley.
Not sure I would want Wildschut, although I would doubt very much we can afford him anyway seeing as the scum paid 7 Million for him, another one of their fantastic value for money signings, no doubt they will want to recoup a fair bit of that back. Yes he ripped us to pieces when we went to Wigan but it would appear he was crap for the scummers.

I am more disappointed that it looks like Tilt will be going elsewhere, I really don't see him favouring us over Rangers.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Accrington Stanley have rejected bids from Rotherham and Peterborough for striker Kayden Jackson, while Preston North End and Ipswich Town have made enquiries for the forward this summer, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Jackson's future at Accrington has been the subject of conjecture this summer in the wake of his success at the club last season.

The 24-year-old was instrumental in Accrington's surprise League Two title success last season with 15 goals and 16 assists in his debut campaign at the club.

Jackson's impressive performances have unsurprisingly brought him to the attention of clubs higher up the football pyramid as they look to bolster their attacking options.

Championship new boys Rotherham launched a bid for Jackson as they looked to strengthen their forward line, while League One Peterborough had earmarked Jackson as a potential replacement for the in-demand Jack Marriott.

Preston enquired about Jackson as they looked to add to their strikeforce, while Ipswich boss Paul Hurst is a big admirer of Jackson having worked with him during his time in charge of Grimsby.

Accrington are reluctant to lose Jackson as they prepare for life in League One and they are demanding over £1million for the speedy forward.
SEE ALSO: Huddersfield defender set for move

It remains to be seen if any of Jackson's suitors will test Accrington's resolve again before the close of the transfer window.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:53 am

No thanks to Jackson, one semi good season at a top of the table team. Maybe worth 500k gamble incase late developer but nowhere near 1 million!!

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:19 am

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:14 pm

Hurst is also saying he can't guarantee Waghorn will be here for the Blackburn game. He has told him he wants him to stay, but cant guarantee he will be. If does leave it would be big loss, considering what he did last season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:32 pm

TWTD understands Town are eyeing a move for defender Omar Beckles, who is currently with Paul Hurst’s former club Shrewsbury.

The 26-year-old is primarily a centre-half but spent much of last season playing at left-back in the absence of the injured Junior Brown.

Speaking on Saturday, Blues boss Hurst confirmed he was after two centre-halves following the departure of Adam Webster to Bristol City.

Blackpool’s Curtis Tilt was recently the subject of a £550,000 Town offer but the Seasiders are targeting a £1 million for the 26-year-old with Rangers now believed to be keen.

Hurst interest in his Shrewsbury players has been widely expected with another centre-half Toto Nsiala also believed to be someone the new Town manager has considered recruiting from the Shrews, while midfielder Jon Nolan has been linked on a number of occasions.

Having spent time with Millwall as a youngster, Leytonstone-born Beckles, who is contracted to the Shrews until the summer of 2020, joined the Glenn Hoddle Academy in Spain during which time he played for locally-based lower league side Jerez Industrial.

Spells back in English non-league with Boreham Wood (twice), Kettering, Billericay, Histon, Margate, AFC Hornchurch, St Albans City and Aldershot followed before he broke into the EFL with Accrington Stanley in 2016/17.

After one season in League Two Hurst took the 6ft 3in tall central defender up a division to Shrewsbury, where he made 43 starts and four sub appearances, scoring three goals as the Shropshire side reached the League One play-offs during 2018/19 having finished third.
Not too sure about this one, for me Nsiala looked much better on the Three occasions I watched Shrewsbury, that said Beckles was as stated being played at LB so he may well be a decent CB, perhaps we will be in for both.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:15 pm

Sheffield Utd have distanced themselves from Waghorn and any further bids ( they offered £5m, apparently), when Town have reportedly said they would want between £8-10m for the striker.

I’ve no problem if Waggy goes for £8m; my issue would be who would replace him and what amount of time would be left to get that player in. No doubt the asking price would rise to reflect the fee we’d have got for Waghorn!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:30 pm

Tom Bradshaw (Barnsley) & Ellis Harrison (Bristol Rovers) both linked now, both strikers and neither a worthy replacement for Waghorn !! Purely my opinion.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Ipswich Town are expected to return with a third bid for in-demand Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt after having their first two offers knocked back by the Seasiders. READ MORE: Rangers unlikely to make a move for Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt Ipswich Town are expected to return with a third bid for Curtis Tilt Ipswich Town are expected to return with a third bid for Curtis Tilt The last offer to be rejected was the £550,000 bid which was reported by The Mirror earlier this month. But the East Anglian Daily Times claim the two clubs are getting closer on valuation and a new bid is expected to arrive soon.

Ipswich boss Paul Hurst is a keen admirer of Tilt, having looked to sign him during his time at Shrewsbury Town. Yesterday The Gazette reported how Scottish giants Rangers were unlikely to make a move for the sought-after centre back despite having sent scouts to watch him in action during Pool’s behind-closed-doors friendly win against Burnley on Tuesday. Tilt made 45 appearances for the Seasiders last season in what was his first campaign in the EFL While the 26-year-old is on a list of potential new recruits for Steven Gerrard, it is believed he is well down on the new manager’s wishlist. Any chance of Rangers making a move for the centre back is considered unlikely while other targets remain on the table. Millwall’s Jake Cooper is Gerrard’s number one choice but Rangers have seen three bids knocked back, the most recent worth £3m. New Den boss Neil Harris insists Cooper is not for sale. Rangers have yet to decide whether to return with a fourth offer but Gerrard is determined to add to his defensive options before the season starts.

Tilt is a man in demand having already been linked with Championship clubs QPR and Reading, as well as Ipswich. Speaking to The Gazette last month, Pool boss Gary Bowyer said it would take at least £1m to prise the defender away from Bloomfield Road, suggesting any club thinking they can get a bargain deal for Tilt “has another thing coming”. It comes after a fine debut season for the centre-back, who made a seamless transition from non-league after signing from National League side Wrexham summer. Last season was his first experience of the Football League but the Walsall-born Tilt impressed and ended up winning three gongs at the club’s end-of-season awards night, including The Gazette’s player of the season. Tilt put in a string of man of the match displays and was a virtual ever-present for Pool last season, missing only two League One games through suspension and finishing the campaign with 45 appearances to his name. He built up an impressive central defensive partnership with Clark Robertson, who joined Championship side Rotherham United on a free transfer at the end of last month.
I really wish we could get this one over the line, I hope the bit in Red is correct.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:17 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:55 pm
Ipswich Town are expected to return with a third bid for in-demand Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt after having their first two offers knocked back by the Seasiders. READ MORE: Rangers unlikely to make a move for Blackpool defender Curtis Tilt Ipswich Town are expected to return with a third bid for Curtis Tilt Ipswich Town are expected to return with a third bid for Curtis Tilt The last offer to be rejected was the £550,000 bid which was reported by The Mirror earlier this month. But the East Anglian Daily Times claim the two clubs are getting closer on valuation and a new bid is expected to arrive soon.

Ipswich boss Paul Hurst is a keen admirer of Tilt, having looked to sign him during his time at Shrewsbury Town. Yesterday The Gazette reported how Scottish giants Rangers were unlikely to make a move for the sought-after centre back despite having sent scouts to watch him in action during Pool’s behind-closed-doors friendly win against Burnley on Tuesday. Tilt made 45 appearances for the Seasiders last season in what was his first campaign in the EFL While the 26-year-old is on a list of potential new recruits for Steven Gerrard, it is believed he is well down on the new manager’s wishlist. Any chance of Rangers making a move for the centre back is considered unlikely while other targets remain on the table. Millwall’s Jake Cooper is Gerrard’s number one choice but Rangers have seen three bids knocked back, the most recent worth £3m. New Den boss Neil Harris insists Cooper is not for sale. Rangers have yet to decide whether to return with a fourth offer but Gerrard is determined to add to his defensive options before the season starts.

Tilt is a man in demand having already been linked with Championship clubs QPR and Reading, as well as Ipswich. Speaking to The Gazette last month, Pool boss Gary Bowyer said it would take at least £1m to prise the defender away from Bloomfield Road, suggesting any club thinking they can get a bargain deal for Tilt “has another thing coming”. It comes after a fine debut season for the centre-back, who made a seamless transition from non-league after signing from National League side Wrexham summer. Last season was his first experience of the Football League but the Walsall-born Tilt impressed and ended up winning three gongs at the club’s end-of-season awards night, including The Gazette’s player of the season. Tilt put in a string of man of the match displays and was a virtual ever-present for Pool last season, missing only two League One games through suspension and finishing the campaign with 45 appearances to his name. He built up an impressive central defensive partnership with Clark Robertson, who joined Championship side Rotherham United on a free transfer at the end of last month.
I really wish we could get this one over the line, I hope the bit in Red is correct.
I can see this happening. It’s good that rangers have pulled out... one less competitor and could mean his price won’t be driven up.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Bristol Rovers manager Darrell Clarke has confirmed that striker Ellis Harrison is leaving the League One club for a Championship side.

The Bristol Post expects that club to be Town ahead of Blackburn, who had previously been mentioned in connection with the 24-year-old. Reports elsewhere claim Harrison will move on for a fee in excess of £1 million.

Harrison, who was first linked with the Blues on Friday, was left out of the Pirates’ friendly against Forest Green Rovers yesterday with Clarke subsequently refusing to comment on why.

Former Wales U21 international Harrison came through the youth system at the Memorial Stadium and has played all his senior games for the Pirates aside from a short spell on loan at Hartlepool early in 2016.

Last season the Newport-born forward scored 14 goals. In total for Bristol Rovers he has made 116 starts and 88 sub appearances, netting 49 times.

Looks like this one is happening too.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:46 pm

I said Harrison would not be a adequate replacement for Waghorn, not so sure though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8CtgY5ngfA

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Looks like he can score all kinds of goals which is good. Probably a confidence player and will have a little flurry then a dry spell like most championship strikers. Be happy if he signed.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:38 pm

Hard to say from YouTube.... but he looks a completely different player to Waghorn. Not saying that’s bad.

Looks very direct and looks like he’s good in the air. Must admit from the video his touch looks a bit heavy.

Ideally, keep Waghorn and add Harrison for more firepower upfront. And offload Sears.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:20 pm

Reminds me of Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor...

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:16 am

Don’t know anything about Harrison so thought I would ask a Rovers season ticket holder who I know through my travels following England.
His thoughts are as follows:
He’s been with us for 7 years and improving all the time. 100% effort player who scores all sorts of goals. A great character as well, sorry to see him go and really hope he can make the step up with better players around him.
Some people here say he is lazy but I can’t see that, has been very important to us in both boxes over last couple of years and is usually the player opposing fans comment about as hard to handle. I will miss him.
To me sounds like the type of player that PH likes to try and develop. I know it is only one fans view of him but thought I would share for those who like me knew nothing of the player until he was linked to us.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Cheers Shed, very promising indeed, as the guy says it will benefit him from having better players around him too, this could well be a good addition to the squad.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Great news Shed!

Ps I think he’s a Replacement for McGoldrick, and not Waghorn. I think Sears days are numbered now.