Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Post by Charnwood » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:35 pm

I’m sure his agent wouldn’t struggle to negotiate a house relocation package for him and his family as part of any transfer deal even if it did include two properties at each end. Many a happy footballer has moved on and sadly Martyn Waghorn is unlikely to be any different if the right deal is offered.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:06 am

I see Forest have signed some foreign striker this morning, fingers crossed

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:34 am

It’s Boro who seem most interested in Waghorn, not so sure the interest from Forest.Also, Birmingham have some interest, but can’t see that happening.

Sometimes you hear the club or player make a statement to snuff out any interest. The more silence makes me wonder if anything is happening behind the scenes. If we are going to generate more cash for a warchest, then I would rather it be Bart. There’s been speculation with Bart for a while and him not signing his contract already I’m half-expecting him to leave anyway.
The problem with selling all your best players and having a lot of visible ready cash is that any replacements we try and get, their prices will be inflated.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:22 pm

Sorry i was meaning it may help us get McKay ?? Clutching at straws really

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:25 pm

I would not want Waggy to go under any circumstances and I cant believe for one second that PH would welcome that scenario either. As you say much better to offload Bart while he's still worth something, for me he is far easier to replace than Waghorn.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:32 pm

Bolton after Garner now, would rather lose him than waggy.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:00 pm

Me too. Could well be total bollocks.

Nothing against Garner, but he’s not a proper target man. He’s always seems to be punching above his weight. He does well for his size, but then we get the theatrics.

Hurst seems to favour a big target man up front. Could be rubbish, but is Hurst manipulating a clear out to bring in new players as part of a plan? Keeping Waghorn should be a priority ..... unless we get stupid money ... and then Hurst needs to get a decent replacement.

TBH.... I never saw this interest in our players .... I thought Bart would be the only one significant player we might offload.

Is Mick stirring up sh*t from Russia :)

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:05 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
Ando wrote:That came out of the blue. Cant see why hurst would sell him this soon after taking over. Maybe it was already on the cards.

It sort of confirms where we are as a club when Bristol city seem a better option for a young player. Let's hope over time Hurst can change this.
The thing is Ando even Bristol City just sold their best striker so everyone is a selling club, that could be looked upon as a lack of ambition and yet Bristol are shouting from the rooftops how ambitious they are, sometimes you have to sell to rebuild and Webster with his biscuit legs is a good option compared to a few others.

Isn't that what happened when we sold Dyer?
And didn't we buy Marcus Stewart with the money, and look where he got us
Agree Mike I hope hursts influence will put the club in a different light. how the club invests the money is key. We must all get behind hurst and support his decisions. But as always if a player has their head turned, get rid.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:23 pm

Rodman has signed for Bristol Rovers thankfully.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Versatile full-back Kane Vincent-Young is part of the Ipswich Town squad that jetted out to Spain for a week-long training camp earlier today.

The 22-year-old turned down a new deal at Essex neighbours Colchester United and, even though he’s out of contract, the U’s would be entitled to compensation due to him being under the age of 24.

A strong, powerful right-footed player who is comfortable in either full-back position, he did well in a left-wing back role last season as John McGreal’s men finished 13th in League Two with the joint sixth-best defensive record in the division.

He was named the club’s Young Player of the Year and also scooped their Goal of the Season trophy for his superb individual effort in a 5-1 thrashing of Forest Green Rovers last August.

The London-born youngster is a product of the Tottenham youth system and worked with Town academy coach Bryan Klug during the latter’s stint at the Premier League club.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:52 pm

Town Again Linked With Tilt Bid
Friday, 6th Jul 2018 17:12

Town are again reported to have made an offer for Blackpool central defender Curtis Tilt.

The Blues were previously said to have made a bid for the 26-year-old a fortnight ago and now Sky Sports are reporting what’s presumably a renewed approach.

At the time of the first link, Town were said to be hoping to steal a march on a number of other clubs also keen on Tilt, including Reading, QPR and Portsmouth.

Walsall-born Tilt played in non-league for Halesowen Town, Hednesford Town, AFC Telford Town, Wrexham and Forest Green Rovers (loan) before joining the Tangerines last summer. He made 45 starts for the League One side in 2017/18, scoring once.

Another senior centre-half is very much on Paul Hurst’s summer wish-list with Adam Webster having departed for Bristol City and Tilt would appear to be very much the favourite to replace the former Pompey man in the Blues' backline.
I reckon this one may happen, would love to see Nsiala, Tilt and Chalobah alongside the experienced head of Chambo, 4 CB's, Three of them ball playing defenders and very strong, Tilt being Left footed is a big plus too. Interesting to see that Blackpool signed a defender from Leeds today on season long loan, could be somethingin this, Sky sources are normally pretty accurate.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:48 pm

We definitely need a replacement for Webster. Tilt could well tick that box ... as well as the Shrewsbury lad. They’ve got plenty of League 1 or lower level games under their belt, but theres always the concern if they can step up to the Championship. It’s down to Hurst on this one and his knowledge of the lower leagues.
Chalobah could be an inspired loan deal, but I don’t see him as a replacement for Webster, due to his inexperience. He could well even end up in midfield.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:48 pm

Interestingly Blackpools new signing from Leeds has been given Tilt's squad number, may mean nothing of course.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:00 pm

Looks like Bart isn’t going to sign. How long does he need to sign a bit of paper anyway ?? He may as well fook off now and we can get another keeper in. Think we need two GKs though as only have Gerken left now dont we ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:47 am

Birmingham City are reportedly ready to offer the Blues £3 million for keeper Bartosz Bialkowski and Town may make a loan move for Bolton’s Ben Amos as his replacement.

Birmingham’s interest in Bialkowski first emerged on Friday and, according to The Sun on Sunday, the Midlanders are willing to make a £3 million bid for the Polish international.

While it would be a hugely unpopular move with fans, Town may well be prepared to take an offer of around that size for the 31-year-old rather than risk losing one of their most highly-prized assets on a free transfer next summer.

Bialkowski is contracted to the Blues until the end of June 2019, the club having exercised the option for a further year on his contract at the end of last season.

But the former Southampton and Notts County man is still to put pen to paper on the new deal ex-boss Mick McCarthy said had been agreed in January.

Speaking in April, Bialkowski said his agent was continuing to talk to owner Marcus Evans regarding the new terms.

The Sun claims Town could look to replace Bialkowski, the club’s Player of the Year for the last three seasons, with Amos, 28.

The 6ft 3in tall former Crewe Alexandra and Manchester United trainee spent last season on loan with Charlton in League One where he was ever-present, making 50 starts.

Macclesfield-born Amos made seven senior appearances for the Red Devils while at Old Trafford but spent much of his time out on loan, featuring for Peterborough, Molde, Oldham, Hull City, Carlisle and Bolton before making his switch to the Trotters permanent in 2015 when he signed a four-year deal.

However, having dropped to second choice at the Macron Stadium, he joined Cardiff on loan for 2016/17 - making 16 starts - and then the Addicks last season.

Despite not having played for Bolton for two years and appearing to be out of their long-term plans, Amos, who was linked with Millwall last month, went on their pre-season training camp in Scotland.

“Ben’s with the first team now and we’ll see what happens, whether a club comes in for him,” manager Phil Parkinson told The Bolton News.

“You can see he had a good year with Charlton. He came back and worked very hard with [goalkeeper-coach] Lee [Butler] and the other keepers so you really don’t know what might happen.

“There have been one or two enquiries but I think his confidence has been helped enormously.”

On Friday, Scottish reports linked with the Blues with Wes Foderingham, who is set to depart Rangers this summer, and it is believed Town have made preliminary contact regarding the 27-year-old, who is also viewed as a possible replacement should Bialkowski move on.

Summer interest in Bialkowski, who is currently away having been given time off following the World Cup, had been widely expected due to his contract situation and with Crystal Palace having targeted him in January.
I've got to be honest, if Bart were to depart for Birmingham I would look on him as a bit of an arsehole, OK hold out from signing the contract you promised was going to be signed for a Prem move but Birmingham FFS ?? That is not progression at all, not in my book anyway. I would like a genuine reason as to why Bart has refused to sign the contract that was a formality not that long ago, a move to Crystal Palace I could just about live with but Brum ? Do me a favour.

The flip side of it is he walks away for nothing in 12 months time so if it were to be Three Million it is not a bad deal, what I don't get is why we are looking at a bloody loan move for a keeper ? Sign someone FFS, not sure Amos is the answer and certainly no better than Gerken, also linked with Foderingham who I think I would prefer out of the Two.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:31 pm

3 million seems derisory in today's market (Bialkowski is arguably one of the standout goalkeepers outside of the elite division) but take into consideration his age and grudgingly would appear an adequate sum. I don't want him to leave, a player of that caliber makes a considerable difference to this team in terms of points gained but if he has his heart on being elsewhere or wishes a new challenge then will accept his decision and thanks for the services provided etc.

Would have to be a damn good replacement if it goes ahead. Don't really recognize some of the potential names that could take over, the biggest departure of the summer has been the manager above all else. Suppose Bialkowski stays on a while longer, see how he works and adapts to Hurst's new regime and if it isn't working for team and player, then allow him his move.

Say again a player like that is hard to replace, they better have some stellar candidates ready to step up and take on the part if this indeed goes ahead.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:43 pm

:lol: £3M for the best goal keeper in the championship, yer aving a laugh, and a move to Brum would be a massive step backwards, But I just cant see a premiership side buying him, Polish international who got knocked out in the early stages of the W/CUP, without a game. I cant see him moving unless its a premiership side offer???

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:52 pm

3 Million is decent given that he walks for nowt in 12 months. What I cant accept is Birmingham !!!! As I said if he accepts that kind of move which clearly isn't bettering himself he's a bit of an arsehole, just my opinion.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:51 pm

Tbh I think he’s a bit overrated . Take the eye catching reflex saves out of his hand and there’s not much else to his game that is above average !

To be frank , I kinda hope he does clear off . I don’t get all this Bart hero worship myself!! All this , “ I love it here, I love this area , and the fans” crap . He’s no different from all the rest of the money grabbing arseoles.

If he was THAT bloody good he’d be first choice for Poland and already playing his domestic game in the PL . I note the PL Clubs are hardly queuing up for his signature.... just Brum, lol

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:09 pm

Blades Keeper Long Linked With Town and Hull City
Thursday, 12th Jul 2018 14:51
Town and Hull City are reported to be eyeing Sheffield United keeper George Long.

The 24-year-old, who spent last season on loan in League One with AFC Wimbledon, won’t be the first choice at Bramall Lane in the season ahead with the Blades having signed Dean Henderson, who played for Blues boss Paul Hurst at Shrewsbury last season, on loan from Manchester United.

According to ,the Tigers are looking for another keeper following the departure of Allan McGregor to Rangers, while the Blues could be in the market for another number one if Bartosz Bialkowski should move on.

Sheffield-born Long came through the youth system at Bramall Lane and has made 122 starts and one sub appearance for his hometown club.

In addition to last season’s spell with the Dons - 49 starts - the 6ft 4in tall former England U18 international has spent stints on loan with Oxford United and Motherwell.

Town have previously been linked with Rangers keeper Wes Foderingham, who is expected to leave Ibrox this summer, and Bolton’s Ben Amosthis summer with Bialkowski potentially departing this summer.

Birmingham City have had an offer of £2.5 million turned down and are expected to come in with a further bid, while it's likely other clubs are also keen on the Polish international, who was the subject of Crystal Palace interest in January.

The Blues are understood to have made contact with the Scottish Premiership side regarding Foderingham, however, it’s not believed Town are interested in Amos despite having been made aware of the former Manchester United trainee’s availability.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:53 am

It looks as if Bart is on his way.

I’m a little surprised we haven’t brought anyone else in yet during the last couple of weeks. I’m sure there’s been lots of behind the scenes enquiries, but it’s gone a bit flat. With the transfer window brought forward there could be a lot of last-minute scrabbling about.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:19 pm

2 or 3 new signings all at once you wait, and soon !!

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:47 am
Birmingham City are reportedly ready to offer the Blues £3 million for keeper Bartosz Bialkowski and Town may make a loan move for Bolton’s Ben Amos as his replacement.

Birmingham’s interest in Bialkowski first emerged on Friday and, according to The Sun on Sunday, the Midlanders are willing to make a £3 million bid for the Polish international.

While it would be a hugely unpopular move with fans, Town may well be prepared to take an offer of around that size for the 31-year-old rather than risk losing one of their most highly-prized assets on a free transfer next summer.

Bialkowski is contracted to the Blues until the end of June 2019, the club having exercised the option for a further year on his contract at the end of last season.

But the former Southampton and Notts County man is still to put pen to paper on the new deal ex-boss Mick McCarthy said had been agreed in January.

Speaking in April, Bialkowski said his agent was continuing to talk to owner Marcus Evans regarding the new terms.

The Sun claims Town could look to replace Bialkowski, the club’s Player of the Year for the last three seasons, with Amos, 28.

The 6ft 3in tall former Crewe Alexandra and Manchester United trainee spent last season on loan with Charlton in League One where he was ever-present, making 50 starts.

Macclesfield-born Amos made seven senior appearances for the Red Devils while at Old Trafford but spent much of his time out on loan, featuring for Peterborough, Molde, Oldham, Hull City, Carlisle and Bolton before making his switch to the Trotters permanent in 2015 when he signed a four-year deal.

However, having dropped to second choice at the Macron Stadium, he joined Cardiff on loan for 2016/17 - making 16 starts - and then the Addicks last season.

Despite not having played for Bolton for two years and appearing to be out of their long-term plans, Amos, who was linked with Millwall last month, went on their pre-season training camp in Scotland.

“Ben’s with the first team now and we’ll see what happens, whether a club comes in for him,” manager Phil Parkinson told The Bolton News.

“You can see he had a good year with Charlton. He came back and worked very hard with [goalkeeper-coach] Lee [Butler] and the other keepers so you really don’t know what might happen.

“There have been one or two enquiries but I think his confidence has been helped enormously.”

On Friday, Scottish reports linked with the Blues with Wes Foderingham, who is set to depart Rangers this summer, and it is believed Town have made preliminary contact regarding the 27-year-old, who is also viewed as a possible replacement should Bialkowski move on.

Summer interest in Bialkowski, who is currently away having been given time off following the World Cup, had been widely expected due to his contract situation and with Crystal Palace having targeted him in January.
I've got to be honest, if Bart were to depart for Birmingham I would look on him as a bit of an arsehole, OK hold out from signing the contract you promised was going to be signed for a Prem move but Birmingham FFS ?? That is not progression at all, not in my book anyway. I would like a genuine reason as to why Bart has refused to sign the contract that was a formality not that long ago, a move to Crystal Palace I could just about live with but Brum ? Do me a favour.

The flip side of it is he walks away for nothing in 12 months time so if it were to be Three Million it is not a bad deal, what I don't get is why we are looking at a bloody loan move for a keeper ? Sign someone FFS, not sure Amos is the answer and certainly no better than Gerken, also linked with Foderingham who I think I would prefer out of the Two.
Agreed, I'm starting to feel like he's mugging us off by holding out on his contract which he assured us would be signed months ago. I may be wrong, but to me it says he's waiting for a Prem team to come in, but they don't seem to be queuing up for him. I think we won't see him sign a new deal until the transfer window passes if he hasn't left by then.

Leaving us for Birmingham would be a complete slap in the face to the fans who basically worship him.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:26 pm

They arent queuing up for him cus he aint the messiah some think he is, and yes I agree with you completely!!

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:30 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:26 pm
They arent queuing up for him cus he aint the messiah some think he is, and yes I agree with you completely!!
Definitely. People used to crucify Gerken for being poor with crosses, but honestly I don't think Bart is much better with them. Last season I witnessed many headers from the 6 yard line trickle past him. Great shot stopper and has won us many points, but like most keepers I think he's also cost us more than people realise.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:15 pm

TBH... it was MM who let that one slip about the contract when he shouldn’t have done.

Bart has been player of the year three years running.... that says something.

If it’s time for him to move on after good service... then so be it. We need to get as much as we can. He could leave for nothing in a year.

There’s always been something bubbling under the surface between the MM outer s and inners regarding Bart since he was dropped after his father died. Bart’s been fantastic since to the point where he couldn’t be dropped and he was like another striker where he’s won us points. He’s OK in my book even if he leaves. Just get as much money as we can and get a decent replacement.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:57 pm

I can't lie, he won't be ok in my book if he goes to bloody Birmingham!!!

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:57 pm

I imagine he is still on holiday after the world cup. Maybe he will be back soon. We will see then if he signs.
Given that he is 31 years old and POTY I think it's pretty reasonable to hold out for a better deal. He has all the aces.

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:19 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:15 pm
TBH... it was MM who let that one slip about the contract when he shouldn’t have done.

Bart has been player of the year three years running.... that says something.

If it’s time for him to move on after good service... then so be it. We need to get as much as we can. He could leave for nothing in a year.

There’s always been something bubbling under the surface between the MM outer s and inners regarding Bart since he was dropped after his father died. Bart’s been fantastic since to the point where he couldn’t be dropped and he was like another striker where he’s won us points. He’s OK in my book even if he leaves. Just get as much money as we can and get a decent replacement.
I always felt that there wasn't much between Bart and Gerken until that point when Bart was dropped for a while, he seemed to come back a different beast and like you say, was basically undroppable from that point.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Seems we've agreed a fee with PBoro.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-agr ... -1-5606832