Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ashfordblue

Re: Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:12 pm

:D CCV to be here on season long loan from Spurs by or before the 31st August, :roll: also a paper report says that Wigan have missed out on Curtis Tilt as he's on his way to Ipswich :o :o ??? now get the defence sorted with these two players, and Hurst can concentrate on a striker

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:38 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:12 pm
:D CCV to be here on season long loan from Spurs by or before the 31st August, :roll: also a paper report says that Wigan have missed out on Curtis Tilt as he's on his way to Ipswich :o :o ??? now get the defence sorted with these two players, and Hurst can concentrate on a striker
Can’t see both of them coming.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:28 am

From latest Donacien residency news it looks as if his paperwork is a formality and it’s just a waiting game to be rubber stamped. If Hurst only wants the 5 loans it looks that Donaciens contract will be made permanent shortly. I would have thought we would then go for the 3 loans ... CB, wide player and striker.

Prefer to go for a loan with a view to a permanent move, but I guess it’s what the loan player can bring instantly to the team... ie CCV vs Tilt.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:36 am

I agree and if at all possible we should go for Tilt & CCV with Tilt being with a view to it being permanent in January. To be honest I am not at all bothered about season long loans, after all Garner & Waghorn were signings but they only stayed One season so may as well have been loans lol.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:01 am

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:36 am
I agree and if at all possible we should go for Tilt & CCV with Tilt being with a view to it being permanent in January. To be honest I am not at all bothered about season long loans, after all Garner & Waghorn were signings but they only stayed One season so may as well have been loans lol.
True, but we’ve got 6 million plus in the bank from the sale of Waghorn and Garner. I just wouldn’t want the side to be made up of 5 loanees who’ll be gone next season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:07 am

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:01 am
Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:36 am
True, but we’ve got 6 million plus in the bank from the sale of Waghorn and Garner. I just wouldn’t want the side to be made up of 5 loanees who’ll be gone next season.
No it's a fair point, I still have this feeling something will happen with Tilt, may be clutching at straws. We need to give Jordan Roberts a chance out wide, his one run alone at Rotherham should have resulted in a penalty which in all probability wins the game, I feel for the lad as I have read various comments that he had a poor pre season but Hurst played him as a striker most of the time.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:47 am

Cameron Carter-Vickers probably doesn’t have what it takes to make it at Tottenham, but another loan to Ipswich Town would be good for him.

In a perfect world, Cameron Carter-Vickers would be ready to serve as one of Tottenham’s top reserves this season. Unfortunately, he just hasn’t developed enough to earn that spot in Mauricio Pochettino’s squad. As such, another loan for the American international is probably the best thing.

Fortunately, Ipswich Town appear to be interested in taking him on again. He played 17 matches for the Championship club last season and evidently he played well enough to impress the higher-ups at the club. Assuming they are willing to give Tottenham assurances about Carter-Vickers getting significant playing time, Ipswich Town should be successful in bringing him back for another loan.

For Spurs, this might be more about promoting the defender’s potential transfer value than preparing him to adjust to life in the Premier League. Carter-Vickers isn’t a bad player, but nothing about him is really prepared to help a club challenging for Champions League football. He looks destined to play at an upper level Championship or lower level Premier League side for the foreseeable future.

Carter-Vickers deserves credit for being a pretty competent defender. He doesn’t have ideal height for a world-class centre back, but he makes up for that with excellent positioning. The 20-year-old also has enough strength to battle with most attackers who try to push him around in the box.

Obviously he can’t really do much about his height. It’s not as if he’s going to experience a massive growth spurt in the near future. What Carter-Vickers can do to improve his value is improve his skill on the ball. His only real chance to play for Tottenham is to show Pochettino and company that he can become an excellent distributor from the back. Carter-Vickers would need to show Toby Alderweireld-level passing to stick at Tottenham for the long run.
Next: Tottenham are ready to drop Davinson Sanchez

Ultimately, Tottenham need to provide Carter-Vickers another solid loan to give other clubs a chance to evaluate him. Even if he goes to Ipswich and plays well this season, his future almost certainly lies away from Hotspur Way. He isn’t out of chances with Spurs, but he’s pretty close.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Sounds promising, except it memtions giving assurances that CCV gets game time. Pretty sure Hurst has said he wont guarantee a loanee a place in the side. And quite right.

Could be a challenge to Chambos place if we get in a decent CB. Chambos got captain credit points, but nowhere as much as under Mick.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Just watched PH's press conference where he said CCV has been spoken about but at this time they are looking at other options.

Hurst also cleared up any doubt regarding Martyn Waghorn's departure, Waggy made it clear he liked the thought of the move and DID NOT WANT TO PLAY FOR TOWN ANYMORE.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:00 pm

Blues boss Paul Hurst says there have been no new developments regarding loan signings with Town looking to have missed out on former loanee Cameron Carter-Vickers, who is close to joining Swansea.

Asked whether there was any progress on loans with another striker and a central defender on his wish-list before the August 31st deadline, Hurst said: “No, not over the weekend. I’ve got a couple of calls to make this afternoon to see if anything has changed, but as we speak nothing different.”

TWTD reported that the Blues were interested in Carter-Vickers returning to Portman Road over the weekend and Hurst confirmed he is a player who has come into his thoughts, however he is currently looking elsewhere.

“He’s at a very good football club, I think people felt he had a pretty good loan spell here, so it’s an easy link,” he added.

“I’m not saying he hasn’t ever been discussed but we are looking at other options at this moment in time.”

Town casting their eyes elsewhere may be related to reports in Wales which say Swansea are closing in on the signing of Carter-Vickers on a season-long loan.

Even before his two - or perhaps three - loan signings are added, Hurst already has a sizeable squad with a number of players likely to miss out on the 18 let alone the starting XI each week.

“And some will accept that better than others,” he said. “I will always try and give them my reasons for them not being involved if it’s not blatantly obvious.

“And then it’s how they react. All I would say, unless suddenly you have to call on those people, the people that sulk, we won’t want around, that’s not going to force a way into a team.

“We want people to show that they’re behind the players that are out there. We spoke about the squad and that is the most important thing, not individuals, not the XI that take the field, the squad and staying together.

“But you certainly can’t run with 11 players, I don’t think you can really run with 18, not if you want to try and be successful. There aren’t many squads out there which run with that, certainly not at the level we’re competing at.

“It’s part and parcel of football, no doubt there will be injuries and suspensions along the way as we go.”

Does he have an ideal number for the size of his squad? “It changes day to day. I’m sure if you speak to the owner it’ll be that [managers] are always two players short of a looking a really good squad and team. But that’s a manager’s prerogative, I think.”
That's not happening then, we move on.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Blues boss Paul Hurst is looking to sign up to three players on loan before the August 31st deadline but was unable to report any progress on that front at his Thursday lunchtime press conference.

“Unfortunately nothing’s changed since we spoke Tuesday evening,” he said. “We’ve got another week of me checking my phone. I think for all of our sakes we’ll be glad when it’s [at an end].”

Hurst has previously said he’s after a striker and a centre-half but he is also considering a third addition: “Maybe three.”

With three players currently on loan and only five permitted in a matchday squad, that third further addition could depend on when Janoi Donacien’s discretionary leave to remain is confirmed.

“That’s the difficult one,” Hurst said. “I’m told that that situation has moved forward but we haven’t had a definite, ‘Right, that’s done’, so it would make it more awkward.

“That ends up being a decision I have to make. But we’ve got to be able to get the players in first and foremost.”

As soon as confirmation is received, Donacien’s move from Accrington Stanley will switch from a loan to a £750,000 permanent transfer.

Hurst says he’d ideally like the St Lucian’s situation to be resolved so he wouldn’t be forced to omit a sixth loanee from his 18 each match if he lands the three more signings.

“That way I’m not having to leave anyone out and if it came to it and the options were out there and that’s what I felt was right for us,” he said.

“I’m not saying that I wouldn’t do it, but I think I have said right from the start it’s not an ideal situation and I’d prefer not to be in that scenario.

“When we signed Janoi I didn’t expect it to be something which would cause us an issue on that side, so hopefully it can be resolved and we get confirmation that he is a permanent signing.”

Speaking at the weekend, club secretary Stuart Hayton outlined the position as it stands: “He’s waiting for his passport back, without telling you too much of his confidential information.

“Once he gets a passport back that has a stamp in that says he has leave to remain then we can make the deal permanent and he becomes our player.”

Asked whether the third man targeted would be an attacking wide player, Hurst added: “Yes, quite possibly.”

Quizzed on whether there are there offers on the table and if in some cases clubs have said they might need to get a player in before they can let one go, Hurst said: “That’s a fair summary on both counts.”

Regarding players moving out on loan, with Tristan Nydam and Barry Cotter among those who could be allowed out for spells, Hurst says there have been no developments.

“Yes, as it stands no one’s been in for any of the player on loan currently,” he continued. “It wouldn’t surprise me if we did get a few calls, partly on [the U23s 8-0 win against Hull on Monday].

“It’s difficult if you go and watch that sort of game though because are you simply going to look at the player or are you going to factor in the opposition etc. But some players did do very well, so we’ll see if anyone gets in touch.”

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Ipswich Town remain in negotiations with Blackpool regarding defender Curtis Tilt, with the League One club understood to now be willing to sanction his departure.

The central defender has been a leading target of Blues boss Paul Hurst since he began work at the club in the middle of June, but negotiations with Blackpool proved difficult and no deal was done prior to the closure of the permanent transfer window on August 9.

Tilt handed in a transfer request in a bid to force the move, with the Tangerines thought to want £1million for the 26-year-old, and the Bloomfield Road club are now understood to be willing to sanction a loan move which will be made permanent in January should the Blues meet that asking price.

Ipswich bidding is understood to have reached the £800,000 region earlier this month, with an advance understood to have been made ahead of the deadline for loan deals on August 31.

As the move for Tilt stalled, the Blues turned their attention to Deji Oshilaja of AFC Wimbledon and submitted a number of ‘substantial’ bids for a player the Dons valued at £750,000. Hurst described that valuation as being ‘too high’ while admitting a loan move would be unlikely.
This is the one I would really like to happen, looks like our patience may well pay off.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:34 am

Most likely player power will seal the Tilt deal, as opposed to two owners squabbling over the final 100k or whatever. Cant see its in Blackpools interest to keep a pissed off player.
Another League 1 player who'll be derided, i suppose, if we get him in.

Thing is, Webster was a League 2 player who jumped up two divisions.... Waghorn had never established himself at Champuonship level and didnt do much in the SPL and was allowed to leave for 250k, before he came here... Garner, also, prolific for one season in League 1 for Preston and not doing much in the SPL. Chicken and egg situation... you cant get experience unless youre given the opportunity.
Got no problem with the transfer policy if we get the right players to make that leap a division up.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:48 am

Exactly right, I could drag up all the old posts saying we should find some gems in the lower leagues etc but I really can't be bothered.

Last season when we won our first Four everyone was saying it meant nothing and of course that was correct, I would like to think the same applies now.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:56 am

difference is this season I feel we are trying to build something for the long term. Last season I still felt we were just trying to patch a team together season by season.

Im sure not all the league 1 players will make it but if most do then weve done well, im already very pleased with Nsiala and Donacien, their early season form has been pretty solid. Harrison looks OK but I don't think the system is helping him, hes got nothing to work off. Id like to see more from Nolan but I wont be writing him off just yet! In patches he has nice touches, its just the final decision/ball is not good enough just yet, im sure it will come.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:04 am

I am more than happy with Edwards, Chalobah, Nsiala, Donacien & Edun, as you say Harrison has had it tough with the way we are setting up to play and a goal would do his confidence the world of good, Jackson & Roberts have had very liitle game time so can't be judged really although what i have seen of jackson I like but he needs games, Roberts has had virtually nothing but as I said before the few min utes he got at Rotherham showed me he could be an asset, the run he made in to the box resulted in a foul on him which was a penalty all day long so he could actually have won us the game with that one thing alone.

Jon Nolan is the one that has me in a bit of a quandry, he comes with a good reputation and some of what I saw of him on TV games excited me, however in the final I thought he was poor and I remarked to Mach at the time of the signings that I loved Nsiala but wasn't bothered about getting Nolan as I was unsure, nothing I have seen since changes that but again as I keep telling everyone else it is early days, I don't think he is anywhere close to being an Emyr Huws though, just how I see it. I am also concerned that he appears to get injuries all too easily, Two games in a row where by all accounts he has picked up a knock in the opening few minutes, that will hardly have helped him to be fair.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:49 pm

I hope to f*ck we sign Tilt before Friday's deadline. I still think Chambers is our weakest link. And I think because he was MM's pet i think he is a problem for Hurst in the dressing room.. I think Toto & Tilt would be his prefered
pairing. (CUE ABUSE)

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:34 am

I think if Tilt or another CB is signed before Friday then it’s a big ask to go straight into the derby match. Hopefully, Nsialas card is rescinded, but that extended ban possibly hanging over the decision might influence Hurst not to pursue that route.

It’s potentially an important week for us to bring in more players. It’s pretty clear we need a wide left player and another CB. And if we’re asking Sears to come of the bench to chase a game.... we need another striker. I would put Morriss on the bench in place of Sears who’s had so many chances and looks powder puff in front of goal.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:37 am

I agree, it would be a hell of a debut for Tilt to be brought into and with our fans lack of patience could be the beginning of the end for him at PR LMFAO.

I don't think we will appeal the red card to be honest.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:59 am

I would even consider putting Knudsen at LCB if Nsiala is banned. Kenlock as LB.

Chalobah can play CB, but he switches of too much as per Wednesdays first goal.

I don’t rate Spence as a stand in CB.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:04 am

Lesser of Three evils for me then, get Tilt in and play him, what a baptism of fire but he could become a cult hero from day One. :astroll:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:55 am

Don’t rule out Woolfy. He’s playing for the under 23s this afternoon.

Thought he was out for six weeks. We’ve got some slow healers, but Woolfenden doesn’t seem like one of them.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:31 pm

That's good news then, he could well be the short term answer.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:34 pm

Jordan Graham on a season long loan.

Can he stay fit? Good pace and direct. Why not, we need more depth our wide.

Now for tilt!!!!!!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:41 pm

18 starts in 4 years ? LMFAO

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:12 pm

Tilt is not in the Blackpool squad for there game tonight. Interesting .

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:15 pm

This has just popped up on my feed on FB, but I actually found a link verifying it!

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... ker-jerome

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:28 pm

No thanks !!! Totally underwhelmed by it. We need 3 good loans and we get Jordan f**king Graham and possibly Jerome FFS

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:49 am

The Graham kid coming back, seems some are against the idea judging by response ascertained from other relevant areas. Not really a solution to a problem. This Tilt seems to warrant a considerable amount of attention, either he's the next Lothar Matthaus, or some are getting carried away by continued hype and expectation. Wasn't included in his respective squad for a game just recent, you'd expect him through arrivals in near future.

A center forward is essential, we don't have enough forward options and without Waghorn (even a fit McGoldrick or Garner) who's going to get goals for the team. Can only hope some resolution is evident after the required time, if it remains as it is will be skeptical (along with considerable others it could be argued) about team chances.

Ando

Post by Ando » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:32 am

The striking department is my biggest concern. The two new lads PH has brought in were hardly prolific at their previous clubs. At present I can not see either of them getting to double figures for the season.

Any striker we bring in on loan is also not going to be anymore prolific that what we already have. If they were their parent club would keep them or they would have been sold for a considable fee.

I'm still scratching my head as to why we let garner go. We really should have kept him. I know he got injured but that could happen to anyone. Others may point to the fact that he is not prolific hoxever, he is tried and tested at this level.

Unfortunately are we going to get anyone better than Jerome?