Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tangfastic

Re: Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:41 am

K L Blue wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:25 am
tangfastic wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:13 am
This is getting frustrating. It’s obvious we want him and the player wants to come here. I understand Town and Blackpool enter negotiations and try and get the best deal, but there comes a point where realism comes into it and you have to meet in the middle. It’s best for both teams to settle this now so we can move on and prepare for the coming season.

Just how much satisfaction would we get for getting Tilt a 100k cheaper? How much satisfaction would Blackpool get for not baulking on the price and the deal collapses, leaving a pissed off player with 1 year left on his contract.

Hopefully, common sense prevails and this gets pushed over the line today. Can’t help feel Woolfy will be partnering Chambers in defence on Saturday whatever the outcome as this is dragging on.

Don't forget we've got the lad from Chelsea Chakloba(spl) and Donacien has just signed as well
I think Hurst has said that he sees Shalomar (Sp)/ Chaka Kaan (sp) as a CM. This late in the day there’s not much training sessions or friendly games for Donacien or a Tilt to ease themselves in. Seeing as Woolfys done OK with Chambers so far I would go with Woolfy on Saturday.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:35 pm

Come on PH !!!!! Get this done my man.
Blues manager Paul Hurst’s former club Shrewsbury have revealed they have turned down a joint-bid for central defender Toto Nsiala and midfielder Jon Nolan from an unnamed Championship club, who we understand are Town, with the duo subsequently handing in transfer requests.

A statement on the Shrewsbury official site reads: “Shrewsbury Town yesterday received an offer for both Jon Nolan and Toto Nsiala from a Championship club.

“Town do not need to sell Jon and Toto and have made it clear that we do not want to sell the players.

“The Championship club made an offer for both players via text yesterday but this was below Town’s valuation for the players.

“Today both Jon and Toto have handed in transfer requests to the club. We will of course keep our fans updated with any further developments should they occur.”

A Blues move for Nsiala and Nolan has been anticipated since Hurst took over at Portman Road with both key players in his Shrewsbury side which reached the League One play-offs last season.

The pair, who are both 26, were initially recruited by Hurst during his time as Grimsby manager from elsewhere in non-league, the pair having previously been with the Everton academy.

Nolan is contracted to the Shrews until the summer of 2020 and Nsiala until 2019.

Following his spell at Everton, Huyton-born Nolan spent time with Stockport County, Lincoln City and Wrexham (loan) before joining Hurst's Grimsby in January 2016 before moving on to Chesterfield that summer. A year later Hurst took him to Shrewsbury.

Nsiala, a DR Congo international born in Kinshasa, spent time on loan at Macclesfield and Accrington while with Everton before a spell with TDCS Dong Thap in Vietnam.

After returning to the UK, Nsiala, who was brought up in Liverpool from the age of 10 after a period living in Paris, joined Southport before playing for Hurst at Grimsby between 2014 and 2016. After a year at Hartlepool, he was reunited with his old boss at Shrewsbury last summer.

The Blues' move for Nsiala would suggest they have given up on their lengthy pursuit of Blackpool's Curtis Tilt with Town understood to have found the Tangerines, who were targeting £1 million for the former Wrexham man, intransigent and negotiations difficult going. The Blues were understood to have upped their offer to £700,000 within the last few days.

Tilt, 26, is believed to have handed in a transfer request in order to push his club into doing the deal but Town would now appear to have moved on.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:55 pm

It does feel as if the Tilt deal is on the slide.

Nsiala and Nolan would fit. Nolan being a replacement for Waghorn. With Harrison up top, I can’t see Waghorn being a front man and I believe Nolan plays in that advanced midfield role.

This is a bit late in the day. Spare a thought for Shrewsbury, their best two players have put in transfer requests and that’s good leverage for us. They must feel under pressure to take the money ASAP so they can get in replacements. Hurst is not a popular man in Shrewsbury.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:16 pm

Shrewsbury chief executive Brian Caldwell says ideally his club would like to keep Blues targets Jon Nolan and Toto Nsiala and doesn't need to sell them, but admits the duo “are not focused on playing for Shrewsbury” having handed in transfer requests following Town’s joint-bid, which emerged earlier this afternoon. Caldwell, who refused to confirm the identity of the interested club, although as revealed earlier TWTD can confirm it is Ipswich, says the offer was turned down and he has given the other club his valuation of the pair.

“A Championship club contacted us yesterday and put an offer in by text message to myself for the two players, which obviously didn’t reach our valuation,” Caldwell outlined in an interview with BBC Radio Shropshire.

“We looked at the valuations quite closely the chairman and I and we discussed it even last season with [former Shrews manager and current Town boss] Paul [Hurst] and I think we all kind of knew what parameters we were looking at if we had to sell the players.

“However, what I would say is that we don’t need to sell the players, we’re not needing cash like a lot of football clubs, we don’t want to sell the players and this is totally out of our control.

“The players today have obviously got wind of everything through their agents etc and maybe perhaps the other club, shall I say, which I’m sure has been going on behind everybody’s back.

“And they’ve now handed in transfer requests, obviously in an effort to force us to sell. But, one, we don’t to sell, two, we don’t need the money and the third thing is they’ve not met the valuation and we’re not going to sell them on the cheap.”

He added: “In an ideal world we would have liked them to stay but at the end of the day we always need to be focused on the best interests of Shrewsbury Town Football Club and we want players who want to play here, that want to play for the football club and don’t just want to jump ship at the first opportunity.

“Obviously, any bids need to reach our valuation, we don’t want to be selling players on the cheap.”

Caldwell, who says the offer was the first time he has received a bid by text in 25 years in the game, wouldn’t confirm that Town were involved, however, he said regarding his club’s former manager Hurst: “Obviously Paul’s been linked with players he knows well from his time here. Obviously three days before we kick-off the new season on Saturday it isn’t great timing for anybody.

“But I’m standing strong here that the valuation that we all feel is the right valuation for the players will be the valuation we’ll accept.”

The Shrews chief says the situation could develop quickly in the next day or so with the Blues keen to strengthen their squad before Saturday’s opening game and if not certainly prior to the transfer window closing next Thursday.

“Anything’s possible in football, things change in minutes, never mind days,” he conceded. “I think it’s possible.

“At the moment I’ve gone back to the other club and explained where I value the players at. I’ve explained that we don’t need the money and I’ve explained that I don’t want to sell the players.

“But obviously we’re in a situation that the players are not focused on playing for Shrewsbury Town and we want players who are focused on playing for Shrewsbury Town.”

He says he’s not yet had a response from Town to the offer being rejected: “No, we got the bid yesterday, I went back to them with the valuation which I felt was more appropriate to the levels than they’ve put in and haven’t had any feedback to that as yet.”
First off I have to say making a bid for players by text is pretty amateurish and poor in my book and I have some sympathy with Shrewsbury on that. I don't get the whinging on the timing though, this is what we have a transfer window for and is the same for everyone. With the PH link to the players I can see this happening although i said that about Tilt which I am still praying is not dead.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:03 pm

As much as I don't rate Knudsen One Million is a bit of a joke in todays market, treble it and he's yours. Taxi waiting.
Stoke City are reported to have made a £1 million bid for Blues left-back Jonas Knudsen.

Rumours that the Potters are keen on the Danish international have been circulating on social media for a number of days, while Town recently made an offer to Scunthorpe for another left-back, Conor Townsend, who subsequently joined West Brom. Now, the Daily Telegraph report that they have made a bid of around £1 million.

Knudsen, 25, has only a year left on his Blues contract and speaking last week manager Paul Hurst said he is in no hurry to offer the former Esbjerg fB man a new deal.

“If he sees it that he’s in the last year of his contract and he thinks he’s going to start looking elsewhere, then I can’t do anything about that,” Hurst said. “I might not want him.

“At the minute, he’s got to prove himself, all the lads in there have got to prove themselves still, even if at this moment in time I’m not going to make an absolutely definitive decision on who I would like long-term and who I won’t on the basis of some pre-season games because we all know when the season gets under way some will naturally improve, some might drop."

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:05 pm

This is all getting very confusing, Just over two days until the big kick off and a week of the transfer window left and we have so much to bloody sort out!!! It is getting silly.
Bolton Wanderers are reportedly set to step up their pursuit of Blues striker Joe Garner, while Sheffield United are said to remain interested in much-coveted Town frontman Martyn Waghorn.

Garner, 30, has been on the Trotters’ radar for much of the summer but with Bradford’s Charlie Wyke believed to be their number one target.

However, Wyke is now on the verge of joining Sunderland and, according to the Bolton News, that will see Phil Parkinson’s club up their interest in Garner ahead of the transfer window closing next Thursday.

Garner was initially linked with Bolton in late June when it was said they were willing to pay £500,000 for his services with the former Preston man believed to be keen on a return to his native North-West.

Meanwhile, Sheffield United remain interested in Blues striker Martyn Waghorn, according to the Sheffield Star.

The Blades had a bid for Waghorn turned down a month ago with manager Chris Wilder subsequently saying Town’s valuation of last season’s 16-goal top scorer is beyond them. Nevertheless, they are still said to be keeping a watching brief.

However, Derby and Middlesbrough remain very much the frontrunners for the 28-year-old’s signature, although speaking earlier today, Rams manager Frank Lampard said his club currently have no bids in for players, although he expects more ins and outs before the deadline.

No one has yet met the Blues’ valuation for Waghorn, while Town want to get another striker signed before they would be willing to allow the South Shields-born frontman to move on.

The Blues have made a £1.5 million offer to Accrington for Kayden Jackson, who is also believed to be interesting a number of other Championship clubs including QPR also interested.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:20 pm

At least it's a hive of activity this time round. Lots going on which is interesting. But yes it's not ideal that it's happening so late in the day. Think it was always going to be like this though with the world cup etc

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Do Stoke think K-Nood will be their new Rory Delap?

Sack your scout, Stoke. :roll:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:52 pm

Worst case scenario is we lose Waghorn, Garner and Knudsen and no new faces arrive, how crap would that be.

It’s so easy to see why some managers are so opposed to the current transfer window system.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:53 pm

Worst case scenario is we lose Waghorn, Garner and Knudsen and no new faces arrive, how crap would that be.

It’s so easy to see why some managers are so opposed to the current transfer window system.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:28 am

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:34 am

I thought we had enough sicknotes already !!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:00 am

These two proposed loan deals just concern me as they seem like squad filler material .... when we need 3 or 4 real genuine players who can come straight into the team.

We’re obviously not on the same page with Blackpool as they’ve rejected 3 of our bids and Shrewsbury would rather sell Nolan and Nsiala to any other club than Town, as Hurst as seen as a snake there.

With one day to go before the start of the season, you’d have thought we should be focusing fully on that opening game, but the transfer dealings seem to take precedence.

Not liking the date of the transfer window. The start of the season is a big thing for fans... and yet some players are being ‘rested’ or possibly playing the last game for the club. Would have kept the deadline the same or even brought it forward before the start of the season.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:53 am

well it looks like the 2 lads from Shrewsbury are moving closer and they will be permanent. Im not worried by a couple of loans, on his day Graham can be a good player, sounds like he had a terrible injury, I do remember him being with us in the early MM days but a lot has changed since then.

If we get these 2 over the line soon ill be happy. Im guessing Waghorn will be off, Hursts interview yesterday suggested that quite a lot and when he does I think we will find we bring a new striker in quite quickly. So im guessing we will lose Waghorn, bring a new striker in, the 2 from Shrewsbury and perhaps 1 more defender (I wouldn't rule Tilt out just yet especially as he handed in a transfer request).

Never known a window with so much movement in a short space of time!

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:49 pm

Well the 12 o clock deadline has passed for any new signings being involved tomorrow.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:24 pm

So many rumours/ stories etc it's turning into a f**king mess

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:24 pm
So many rumours/ stories etc it's turning into a f**king mess
Completely agreed. Bogle now being linked.

It would be best if Hurst turns off his phone and concentrates on the game tomorrow.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:01 pm

Unwilling to meet the price clubs want, end up with the players that make our board feel good about the negotiation rather than the players we actually want/need.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:50 pm

Ricco wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:01 pm
Unwilling to meet the price clubs want, end up with the players that make our board feel good about the negotiation rather than the players we actually want/need.
Whilst I agree in certain circumstances I agree with walking away. The striker from Accrington for example, we offered them what they wanted (£1.75m if reports to believed) and then at the last min they say actually his price is now over £2m. That's taking the p*ss to be quite honest. So I don't blame the club for saying sod it we will go for someone else

For Tilt I don't know whats going on there

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:45 pm

I'm happy we are standing our ground on fees etc, these tim pot clubs are chancing their arm and being a bit naughty, Kayden Jackson for 2.5 Million ??? Yeah jog on, Curtis Tilt wants to come here that much is obvious but when you are dealing with possibly the worst bunch of idiots to own a club in this country who take pride in asset stripping the club what chance have you got ? They ahve moved the goal posts time and time again if we are to be believed, I still think as long as nobody else comes in with a real offer for Tilt that we may just still get him, add him to Nolan & Nsiala and we will be doing ok, I just think we are maybe a striker light with Waggy on the way out and is Omar Bogle the answer ?? Not sure on that one either, would much rather have Jayden Stockley or Tom Bradshaw, as I say a bit of a mess right now.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:19 pm

I'm just having a nervous moan guys :lol:

I appreciate the responses though, I need a bit of a positive perspective at the moment! Just hoping Hurst gets the backing he deserves.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:41 pm

Seems we're close to a deal on Noland and Nsiala

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... ent-on-duo

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:05 pm

K L Blue wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:41 pm
Seems we're close to a deal on Noland and Nsiala

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... ent-on-duo
Yes Indeed KL, that is great news and could be done in the next day or Two, however I have just been reading that Leeds want Nsiala so we best not hang about, I guess PH could swing it what with his Shrewsbury connections with these Two players.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:47 am

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Fk em’. Sevco ersehole.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:19 pm

Shrewsbury chief executive Brian Caldwell has revealed that the Blues have met his club’s valuation of central defender Toto Nsiala and midfielder Jon Nolan with the deals now expected to be confirmed in the next 48 hours.

Speaking to BBC Radio Shropshire, Caldwell says the initial fees have been agreed but discussions still ongoing regarding sell-on clauses.

The duo were both left out of the Shrews side today having been barred from training having handed in transfer requests after Town had had bids turned down earlier in the week.

Speaking at his post-match press conference Blues manager Paul Hurst said Town were getting closer on some of their targets: “I think some are kind of edging more in our favour."
Get in !! These could be Two big signings.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:13 am

Apparently the sell on issues are more to do with Nolan's from his previous club Chesterfield who are entitled to 15% or something so no doubt this will be ironed out soon enough.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:26 pm

So if we get shot of Waghorn and Garner (potentially Knudsen) we can get Jackson from Acc Stanley, Bogle from Cardiff, the two lads from Shrewsbury and Tilt from Blackpool? Sounds promising and tbh makings of a good squad

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:28 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:47 am
Waggy soon to be a Boro boy then?

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ref=twtrec
heard Waghorn has signed for Derby. hijacked from Middlesbrough......hope your keeping well Liz

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:45 am

Sheffield United also looking at joining in to make it a three way battle.

Great for Waggy but no good for us as we’ve already accepted the Middlesbrough offer which Derby have supposedly matched, the only winner now is Waggy.

Shame we couldn’t have started a bidding war.