Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Transfer Window Rumours 2018/19

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:56 am

As expected Shrewsbury pair Toto Nsiala and Jon Nolan have arrived at Portman Road to undergo their medicals and complete the formalities of their transfer which looks likely to complete today.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:02 am

Have we left it to late to replace Waghorn? & we are still carrying sears,i know he helped with the late goal but if Sears is going to be starting regularly,i don`t fancy our chances,sorry about being negative,but we need to strengthen,not sell off our assets.
Liked the look of Gwion Edwards,Any news on Emyr Huws ??

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:32 am

Magicmark wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:02 am
Have we left it to late to replace Waghorn? & we are still carrying sears,i know he helped with the late goal but if Sears is going to be starting regularly,i don`t fancy our chances,sorry about being negative,but we need to strengthen,not sell off our assets.
I’m pretty sure Hurst has been working pretty hard on a replacement for Waghorn... it’s been so drawn out, he must have options. I don’t want Bogle... but as long as we don’t get shafted money-wise I’d prefer Kayden Jackson. We’ve also got Garner... if he goes, we need to replace him. Personally, I can’t see Garner being a certain starter like he was with Mick. Harrison likes to drive forward and has more pace and looks better in the air.

Edwards looks a steal at 700 k.. and I’ve kind of written off Huws, along with Bishop and Adeyemi. We have so many options in midfield now with Nolan coming in that we probably need to offload sicknotes and deadwood. Busy week ... and, for me, I’m not worried about asset stripping. Hurst looks like he has a plan and I’d prefer to support a risk-taking, ambitious plan than no plan at all. I call it ambitious because I think Hurst knows the players he wants and if he has to sell supposed assets then so be it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:43 pm

Spot on Tang, my sentiments exactly, thankfully it looks like Bogle is off to Birmingham, I still have a feeling Jackson is kinda done deal. That said we should be going for Bradshaw from Barnsley, proven at this level.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:15 pm

Tell you something right now, ...., “Waggy” is a “shoosher” when he scores. Don’t think that he’ll not run past the ITFC fans acting out the “shoosh” finger on lips celebration. I’d suggest dropping the nice “Waggy” bollocks.

When is that Waghorn tw*t leaving anyway? It’s been dragging on. Come on, Martyn...., fk off buddy. Ipswich need the dough before Thursday.

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:14 pm

I know we have loads of midfield players
Is Nolan good enough to go straight into the starting line up, haven't seen him what type of player is he ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:17 pm

Yes he is, creative playmaker, has a pass on him to unlock defences, good engine

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:34 pm

Blackpool manager has resigned so not sure where that leaves us with Curtis Tilt.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:35 pm

Getting concerned this is not happened yet. If they have been here having medical what is the hold up?

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:41 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:17 pm
Yes he is, creative playmaker, has a pass on him to unlock defences, good engine
Just the ticket then

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:11 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:35 pm
Getting concerned this is not happened yet. If they have been here having medical what is the hold up?
You mean the Shrewsbury Two ? It's being suggested that it will be finalised either tonite or AM tomorrow. I am pretty sure these Two are done and dusted.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:34 pm
Blackpool manager has resigned so not sure where that leaves us with Curtis Tilt.
This is not good i think he has left because that rapist Owen Oyston is going to block Tilts move and the manager did not want to stop him bettering his career so they have fell out over it.Oyston is not fit to run a football club.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:53 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:15 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:34 pm
This is not good i think he has left because that rapist Owen Oyston is going to block Tilts move and the manager did not want to stop him bettering his career so they have fell out over it.Oyston is not fit to run a football club.
Your right there. If we ever feel annoyed we have Evans just look at Oyston, the guy is a moron. I feel so sorry for Blackpool fans, he's been taking the p*ss out of them since they got relegated from premier league. Ripped the heart and soul out of that place. I'd say tilt is desperate to join us. What manager would possibly want to go and work there

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:56 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:32 am
Magicmark wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:02 am
I’m pretty sure Hurst has been working pretty hard on a replacement for Waghorn... it’s been so drawn out, he must have options. I don’t want Bogle... but as long as we don’t get shafted money-wise I’d prefer Kayden Jackson. We’ve also got Garner... if he goes, we need to replace him. Personally, I can’t see Garner being a certain starter like he was with Mick. Harrison likes to drive forward and has more pace and looks better in the air.

Edwards looks a steal at 700 k.. and I’ve kind of written off Huws, along with Bishop and Adeyemi. We have so many options in midfield now with Nolan coming in that we probably need to offload sicknotes and deadwood. Busy week ... and, for me, I’m not worried about asset stripping. Hurst looks like he has a plan and I’d prefer to support a risk-taking, ambitious plan than no plan at all. I call it ambitious because I think Hurst knows the players he wants and if he has to sell supposed assets then so be it.
[/quote

I personally don't think asset striping is the way forward & im disappointed that players like Huws cannot come back into the team..Still have to much dead wood in the squad to get rid off..some of the new pertential new signing sound promiseing :)

Ipswichtownno2

Post by Ipswichtownno2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:29 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:11 pm
derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:35 pm
You mean the Shrewsbury Two ? It's being suggested that it will be finalised either tonite or AM tomorrow. I am pretty sure these Two are done and dusted.
Probably the results of the medical.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:33 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:28 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:47 am
Waggy soon to be a Boro boy then?

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ref=twtrec
heard Waghorn has signed for Derby. hijacked from Middlesbrough......hope your keeping well Liz
Hi John, yes I am thanks. I hope you are well and looking forward to Wolves new season. I’m Just really glad the season is back on again. I’ve high hopes for Hurts at Town, but feel we must get the defence sorted , or we will be in trouble. I’d dont think Hurst will tolerate too many weeks out injured by some of our players, ( Bishop, Adeyemi, Huws), I can see them being offloaded.

How do you think Wolves will fair this season then?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:34 pm

Yep ITNo2, can take up to 24 hrs

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:56 am

According to Stuart Watson on Twitter this morning Kayden Jackson is on route to Suffolk after choosing us over QPR and Peterborough after all Three clubs had bids accepted for the Striker. Fingers crossed!!

Kayden Jackson is set to sign for Ipswich Town after a fee was agreed with Accrington Stanley for the striker yesterday.

It’s been reported that both QPR and Peterborough also struck a deal with the newly-promoted League One club.

The EADT and Ipswich Star can reveal that the 24-year-old has made it clear that Portman Road is his preferred destination and will be travelling to Suffolk today (Tuesday) to finalise a move.

All summer Blues boss Paul Hurst has been keen on the speedy striker, who he worked with briefly at Grimsby, but negotiations seemed to have hit an impasse.

The Lancashire club are believed to have rejected a £1.75m bid from Town and were demanding £2.5m for his signature.

Whether that stance has softened is unknown, but an agreement has been reached and he is set to become a Town player before Thursday’s 5pm deadline.

Capable of playing up top or out wide, it’s been an interesting journey to this point for the Bradford-born front man. He started at Swindon after winning their ‘Win A Pro Contract’ competition, but failed to make the breakthrough at the County Ground and was loaned out to Swindon Supermarine and Oxford City.

Moves to Tamworth and Wrexham followed, his form in the National League leading to a switch to Barnsley. The Tykes immediately loaned him to newly-promoted League Two side Grimsby, were he started the campaign playing under Hurst.

Accrington signed him off the back of that and he scored 16 goals for the League Two champions last season before producing some red-hot form this pre-season.

He started last Saturday, playing 82 minutes as Stanley began life in League One with a 2-0 home defeat against Gillingham.

“There’s a line drawn in the sand on that, everyone’s clear about it. If someone doesn’t match that valuation we move on,” Coleman told the Lancashire Telegraph.

“Kayden’s a good lad and he’s got a sound head on his shoulders. Whatever happens will happen.

“It might have been a bit difficult for him (on Saturday) because he’s gone through a lot this week, a lot of speculation, and it’s mentally draining.

“That’s why we took him off towards the end. It wasn’t the way he was playing we just thought he was a bit tired with what’s gone on this week.

“But I’ve got no problem with Kayden whether he stays or he goes, and I know he’ll give 100 per cent.”

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:54 am

All coming together nicely, just the Tilt saga to sort and looking good

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:08 am

Dazzz67 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:54 am
All coming together nicely, just the Tilt saga to sort and looking good
Looks that way. It’s such a pity that Tilt plays under those a-holes at Blackpool. We offer decent money... Tilt wants to come... it’s getting so close to the deadline that most clubs realise they have to come to an agreement so that every party can move on. Enter the Oystons ....if it breaks down, they could well have a pissed off player with just one year on his contract left. I don’t think their interests are even with Blackpool FC.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:01 am

Not sure how true this is, but just seen a report that Town have tabled a 2 million bid for Rangers striker Josh Windass.

24 years old... formerly of Accrington Stanley (!) . Are they getting mixed up with Kayden Jackson?

That was from footballinsider247.com website.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:37 am

Plenty of sources reporting that. If we're looking at around £2m, then expect us to bottle it and not meet a sufficient price.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:44 am

Well Waggy’s going or gone.

We have to have some replacement. And not a freebie or a loan or an unwanted player. Not sure about the Jackson deal. EADT have report he’s coming to Town, but Accrington chairman has scoffed that. Could his way of playing hard ball to finalise the last few pennies. I think we’ll be priced out with Windass.

Be glad when this transfer window is over... just hope we’re not left with 3rd or 4th choice players.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:48 am

It would be just nice if somebody signed. Where are the Shrewsbury 2, they are as visible as the Birmingham 6. :?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:58 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:01 am
Not sure how true this is, but just seen a report that Town have tabled a 2 million bid for Rangers striker Josh Windass.

24 years old... formerly of Accrington Stanley (!) . Are they getting mixed up with Kayden Jackson?

That was from footballinsider247.com website.
Is that a relation of Dean Windass i.e. son for example. If playing in the SPL there's some substance to it. All these names being linked and on the verge of (or completed) signing are all very well (that is Jackson, Tilt, Nisiala etc) but who the hell are these people ? No disrespect but totally unrecognized. Fair enough I don't watch lower league or keep up with it, but even so these names we're associated with seem so obscure you could arguably submit knowing zero about them. That's not to say they're poor additions or could be, but we're bringing in names that are totally alien to some of the support here.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:52 pm

saint jude wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:58 pm
That's not to say they're poor additions or could be, but we're bringing in names that are totally alien to some of the support here.
That's exactly what we all signed up for really, with the club as it is and the owner as he is, we were never going to spend £10m to buy in established proven names, so we need to go about it another way.

The other tactics are:

1) Buy in decent players, but once they're over the hill and have lost most of their value
2) Buy in rejects from other teams that have failed at this level and hope to change that
3) Buy injury prone players that have the quality if they stay fit and just hope that they do
4) Buy players from the lower leagues that can represent good value as they're unproven and teams don't have the financial clout to refuse your advances.

McCarthy's era dipped in to all of them with varying degrees of success, but 1-3 you're kind of guaranteeing mediocrity, the players are well known and you generally know they're not going to set the world on fire. If Evans isn't going to gamble and invest in the first team, then number 4 probably offers the riskiest, but also the most potentially rewarding approach.

It's a risk, but is what I want to see, we have historically had great scouting, so add that to Hurst's knowledge of the lower leagues and we are potentially well positioned to take advantage.

He is Windass' son by the way.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Edwards is lower league and looks sh*t hot as does Nolan, don't judge a book by its cover

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:22 pm

Ricco wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:52 pm
saint jude wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:58 pm
That's not to say they're poor additions or could be, but we're bringing in names that are totally alien to some of the support here.
That's exactly what we all signed up for really, with the club as it is and the owner as he is, we were never going to spend £10m to buy in established proven names, so we need to go about it another way.

The other tactics are:

1) Buy in decent players, but once they're over the hill and have lost most of their value
2) Buy in rejects from other teams that have failed at this level and hope to change that
3) Buy injury prone players that have the quality if they stay fit and just hope that they do
4) Buy players from the lower leagues that can represent good value as they're unproven and teams don't have the financial clout to refuse your advances.

McCarthy's era dipped in to all of them with varying degrees of success, but 1-3 you're kind of guaranteeing mediocrity, the players are well known and you generally know they're not going to set the world on fire. If Evans isn't going to gamble and invest in the first team, then number 4 probably offers the riskiest, but also the most potentially rewarding approach.

It's a risk, but is what I want to see, we have historically had great scouting, so add that to Hurst's knowledge of the lower leagues and we are potentially well positioned to take advantage.

He is Windass' son by the way.
Very nicely put.

I’ll plump for option 4.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:12 pm

Things are taking a surprising amount of time. Presumably this means that all deals are hanging on for the Waghorn deal to be signed and closed. Wonder what's holding that up?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:31 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:12 pm
Things are taking a surprising amount of time. Presumably this means that all deals are hanging on for the Waghorn deal to be signed and closed. Wonder what's holding that up?
Derby getting rid of Vydra who might be going to Burnley now. Not liking the whole situation at all, will be totally pissed off if we miss out on the Shrewsbury 2.