Josh Emanuell

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tangfastic

Josh Emanuell

Post by Tangfastic » Thu May 17, 2018 7:50 am

I see that Paul Hurst’s Shrewsbury will be facing Rotherham in the play-off final.

A bit of a mention about Josh Emmanuel who picked up the MOTM last night for Rotherham and who provided assists for a couple of goals in the play-off semis.

I haven’t seen him play for them, but I’ve read accounts hes come on leaps and bounds. The loan seems to have done him good where he’s forced his way into the team and become a regular. Even awarded their Young Player of the year award.

Some have written him off, but at 20 we could have a player who could well step up for us next season at RB/ RWB. That position was not been nailed down by Spence and Iorfa and Cotter could well be too raw to be a regular. Actually getting a season long loan like Emanuell could be the best option.
Good to see one of our kids do well, even if it’s not for us.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Josh Emanuell

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 17, 2018 8:07 am

Good luck to the boy but having seen the Two i think Barry Cotter is twice the player.

rossi

Post by rossi » Thu May 17, 2018 1:15 pm

I watched both play-off legs, and Emmanuel really impressed me both games

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu May 17, 2018 1:58 pm

Agree - Rotherham’s Young Player of the Year was excellent in both play-off games, with potential to improve further with games and experience. Showed maturity, confidence, pace and power.

I hope the club retains him. I think he could make an excellent central defender - adding a further option.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu May 17, 2018 2:58 pm

herforder wrote:Agree - Rotherham’s Young Player of the Year was excellent in both play-off games, with potential to improve further with games and experience. Showed maturity, confidence, pace and power.

I hope the club retains him. I think he could make an excellent central defender - adding a further option.
He does physically look like a young player who could end up as a CB.

MM didn’t seem to fancy him, but he did right to set him up with a League 1 loan.

I’m not really sure how all these non-League loans really benefit the fringe youngsters. It’s competitive football,but it’s 3 leagues below the Championship.

Rotherham have done ok from us and for us last season with Moore and Emanuell.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:16 pm

I always liked him, felt he might even have been able to step into our team this year, I don't personally think Spence is any better than him...

Ive not seen Cotter play live, I know he had a great game against Barnsley but ive seen Emmanuel play a number of times for us and I never felt he let us down, thought Mick was a bit harsh on him at times. But I hope one of Cotter or Emmanuel can become our first choice RB, both have the potential. This loan may have done Emmanuel the world of good, a new idea with fresh ideas may just kick start his ITFC career.

Good luck to him at Wembley

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 17, 2018 5:50 pm

Emmanuel must have improved while away because he did have a pretty poor touch and ive seen oil Tankers turn quicker than him but he was a kid and in a struggling side. I still believe for us to really progress he will not be the answer as the main RB.