Bobby Robson: More than a manager

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

charlton837

Bobby Robson: More than a manager

Post by charlton837 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:33 am

is anyone else coming along this evening to PR for the showing of the Bobby Robson film? I am heading there with my dad, got it as a present for his birthday.

Must admit im disappointed it hasn't sold it, I think it really should have done, its being shown at St James Park (sold out), Wembley (limited tickets left) and PR (limited tickets left). If Newcastle can sell out we should do too. In any case im really looking forward to seeing it and the Q&A beforehand

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Bobby Robson: More than a manager

Post by marko69 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:36 am

If I was local, that’s something I’d definitely be at. Let’s hear all about it after you’ve been to it with yer dad.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:32 am

marko69 wrote:If I was local, that’s something I’d definitely be at. Let’s hear all about it after you’ve been to it with yer dad.
no excuse Marko, the local novotel is quite cheap down here and its only an 8 hour drive or so. Sort it out :)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:56 am

:lol:

Two things.

1/ Currently in Braemar...... so it’d be slightly more than an 8 hour drive.

&

2/ You are very correct that it’s an excuse....... because if in Edinburgh, ——> still couldn’t be arsed and no doubt wouldn’t make the effort. :(

But after the Cabbage & Ribs won the Cup in ‘16......, the DVD was released in the cinema first and I went to that ————> No excuses Ipswich based Ipswich fans! :D

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri May 25, 2018 3:26 pm

Was trying to glean information about this presentation. Is to be staged on a big screen (on field) at respective stadia or inside a building in a suite etc in front of a gathered audience ?

If it were possible would attend this viewing, sounds something fans could take experience from and something for all ages i.e. you don't require to be of a certain age to appreciate all the great things he accomplished with not only this club but other employers. Prepared to wait until individuals have taken in this event with evidence of what occurred.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:47 pm

saint jude wrote:Was trying to glean information about this presentation. Is to be staged on a big screen (on field) at respective stadia or inside a building in a suite etc in front of a gathered audience ?

If it were possible would attend this viewing, sounds something fans could take experience from and something for all ages i.e. you don't require to be of a certain age to appreciate all the great things he accomplished with not only this club but other employers. Prepared to wait until individuals have taken in this event with evidence of what occurred.
if im honest I have no idea where its being shown. I am going and have tickets but im just turning up and trying to work it out from there. Ive heard good things about the film, as a relatively young (28) Ipswich fan ill find it really interesting to learn a bit more about our history and about the great Sir Bobby, probably wishing I got to experience some of those amazing days

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:46 am

Forgot to report back on this.

The film was fantastic, a perfect tribute to the great sir bobby. I highly recommend buying it when it’s released, not just for Ipswich fans either. Much of the film surrounds personal battles with health and his time in Spain at Barcelona which is fascinating, especially for someone my age as I don’t remember much if anything from those days.

The turnout was a couple of thousand, including ladies Elsie, mark robson and numerous ex players. Terry butcher was on good form and he was part of the Q&A session before the screening, safe to say he still hasn’t forgiven Maradonna

The film is narrated by bobby himself through archive recordings, it’s really clever. Go out and buy it, some of the money goes to his foundation, as he says in the film he wants his legacy to be the amount of money raised on his behal to help beat cancer, let’s try and give him that wish!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 30, 2018 7:57 am

Thanks for that, I will definitely buy it when it comes out.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:00 am

Pre ordered my copy from Amazon, £12.99 with delivery. :D

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:29 pm

It's arrived, set aside Saturday morning for what will be quite emotional and entertaining.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 pm

You will love it Derek. It's not all that emotional until near the end, it really is a celebration of a life of someone who affected so many in a positive way

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:22 am

Brilliant Film, I knew Sir Bobby was football special but what really came across, as a man he was even more. All Town fans young and old should watch this.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:20 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:Brilliant Film, I knew Sir Bobby was football special but what really came across, as a man he was even more. All Town fans young and old should watch this.
Good Call Derek,,not just Town fans but all football fans should watch this, folk like Bobby don't come along to often.. as you say an education in not just football but how to conduct yourself as a human being,