Liverpool GK tonight !!!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Liverpool GK tonight !!!

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 26, 2018 10:13 pm

Bloody hell :shock: how to p*ss your team mates off good n proper eh!!

verulam

Re: Liverpool GK tonight !!!

Post by verulam » Sun May 27, 2018 12:14 pm

It can be a lonely place when you are a goalkeeper and make a mistake. To have made two entirely avoidable blunders in a game of such importance was almost unbelievable. It got me thinking about Town goalkeeping erors over the years. The only one I can recall that left me and my mate speechless was when the otherwise excellent Laurie Sivell threw the ball over his shoulder into his own net at Arsenal (clock end) in the early seventies.
PS: Mr Bale's first goal was quite good.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:31 pm

verulam wrote:PS: Mr Bale's first goal was quite good.
:shock: :lol:

Yes, it was pretty darn good, Verulam.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 27, 2018 1:24 pm

Bart dropping the ball into the net at Leeds pissed me off, season just gone.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun May 27, 2018 3:39 pm

I got more satisfaction from that score than any Norwich result / situation could offer, fair enough they've done well to get where they were at : i.e. overcame a number of big continental club sides to make the final event and produced some standout scores and performances en-route but bottom line, that's all and any plaudits will allow.

Don't like them, been on the wrong end of a score regarding big game events with that opposition too many times too recall, this time it went to plan and good enough, they had a loss : too f**king bad.

Bale's first goal was outstanding (insist Zidane at Hampden Park 2002 was perhaps more sublime or unparalleled) but shame about the hair design. Shame he's not English, a player like that could prove the difference in the World Cup in a short time between a losing and winning team.

Also the goalkeeper in question in this here issue, Yes saw highlights and it only added further humor / ridicule to the losing team. Occasions such as this almost make life worthwhile.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun May 27, 2018 4:12 pm

saint jude wrote:I got more satisfaction from that score than any Norwich result / situation could offer, fair enough they've done well to get where they were at : i.e. overcame a number of big continental club sides to make the final event and produced some standout scores and performances en-route but bottom line, that's all and any plaudits will allow.

Don't like them, been on the wrong end of a score regarding big game events with that opposition too many times too recall, this time it went to plan and good enough, they had a loss : too f**king bad.

Bale's first goal was outstanding (insist Zidane at Hampden Park 2002 was perhaps more sublime or unparalleled) but shame about the hair design. Shame he's not English, a player like that could prove the difference in the World Cup in a short time between a losing and winning team.

Also the goalkeeper in question in this here issue, Yes saw highlights and it only added further humor / ridicule to the losing team. Occasions such as this almost make life worthwhile.
Well seeing as Real Madrid can afford anyone... it’s hardly a surprise or an achievement. Seems a standard result. To be honest, they had to rely on two goalkeeping howlers and a worldie from Bale as well as crippling Liverpool’s best player, so I think they made hard work of it.

Agree with you about Bale’s hair. I’m f**king glad he’s not English based on that and we’ve had to deal with David Seaman’s hair in the past.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:03 pm

Two horrendous errors by Karius...I hope he's Germany's goalie in the WC! :lol: Ramos is and always will be a dirty player. If you watched the replay, you can clearly see him grabbing and twisting Salah's arm. Ramos should have been sent off. The only redeeming value for me is the fact that Ronaldo didn't do sh*t, and a Welshman took all the glory! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:29 pm

His goalkeeping is definitely suited to the “WC” 9.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:04 am

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 83396.html

Oh well. I suppose we can all take our ridicule back.

Not only did Ramos almost murder Salah, he also concussed Karius.

:| Not sure about this story if I’m honest. There’s an air of bullshit to it. Although it would explain goalkeeping errors whereby my granddaughter could’ve done better.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:48 pm

marko69 wrote:https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 83396.html

:| Not sure about this story if I’m honest. There’s an air of bullshit to it. Although it would explain goalkeeping errors whereby my granddaughter could’ve done better.
mmmm not sure about this. Seems a little convienient to me. I feel genuinely sorry for the guy. My son was a goalie and he was castigated for every little error he ever made, but never praised for the good work he did. (by his team that is, not me :-)). He ended up giving up footy at 17 as he couldnt be arsed with the hassle he got. Karius made some mistakes in the biggest game of his life.. That would be enough to break any man, he certainly didnt need the twitter abuse and death threats he got.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:14 pm

Haven't seen the incident i.e. didn't take in the game in question or couldn't enable any action from the link provided, however seems there's certain suspicion about the true accuracy of what occurred. If indeed one of our players intentionally went out to hurt an opposition number then they should be disciplined within the rules of FIFA but the result will stand, bottom line it was a victory amid any other incident.

You look back at past incidents in high profile games including Schumacher against Battiston in '82 or the Italian player (Tassoti ?) at USA '94 against one of Spain's team that are clearly more conspicuous (the former didn't even receive a caution) but to receive intentions of harm from 'individuals' was perhaps ill-advised.

One final thought (the death threat issues), Could you imagine the internet in 1962 when Chile and Italy attempted to beat the sh*t out of each other and all-out war between sides. f**king hell the web servers in Santiago and Rome would be burnt out with people at each others throats and spitting vitriol at one another.
Last edited by arana peligrosa on Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:35 pm

We need a Ramos the guy is a legend. :lol:

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:53 am

derick_ipsw wrote:We need a Ramos the guy is a legend. :lol:
I did love his sneeze comment

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:58 am

nicscreamer wrote:

mmmm not sure about this. Seems a little convienient to me. I feel genuinely sorry for the guy. My son was a goalie and he was castigated for every little error he ever made, but never praised for the good work he did. (by his team that is, not me :-)). He ended up giving up footy at 17 as he couldnt be arsed with the hassle he got. Karius made some mistakes in the biggest game of his life.. That would be enough to break any man, he certainly didnt need the twitter abuse and death threats he got.
I think we have had similar experiences with our sons, Nicscreamer. My youngest son gave up around the same age. He was a right back and was fairly solid in the position......, made the position his own from U14 - U17......, but the stick he’d get for errors was sometimes quite serious with changing room fisticuffs at times. Especially when he got to 16/17. He too couldn’t be bothered with it anymore. He quit around the same time as alco-pops came out. Coincidence?! :D

Death threats in football? Completely insane. Got to question the intelligence of these people.

And yes, Ramos saying next he’ll be blamed for others catching cold was very good. Haha.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:55 am

marko69 wrote:
nicscreamer wrote:

I think we have had similar experiences with our sons, Nicscreamer. My youngest son gave up around the same age. He was a right back and was fairly solid in the position......, made the position his own from U14 - U17......, but the stick he’d get for errors was sometimes quite serious with changing room fisticuffs at times. Especially when he got to 16/17. He too couldn’t be bothered with it anymore. He quit around the same time as alco-pops came out. Coincidence?! :D

Death threats in football? Completely insane. Got to question the intelligence of these people.

And yes, Ramos saying next he’ll be blamed for others catching cold was very good. Haha.
I'll third that.

My eldest lad gave up at 16 for the same reason. He was also a keeper and just kept getting dogs abuse and snide comments during training from the 'lads' about everything and anything and had had enough.

What was odd though was of course he was playing a position that in reality no one really wants to play so they should have been grateful, and if duriing a game any of the opposition did anything to or had anything to say to him they would quietly 'stick one on them' when the refs back was turned!

Funny old game.