New Kits

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

New Kits

Post by Bluemike » Wed May 30, 2018 8:01 am

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... h-new-kits

So what does everyone think ?

Personally quite like them both, the vegas thing aint great but not as bad as first feared and I would rather not have White sleeves but not crucial, will still buy it.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Re: New Kits

Post by TODD66 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:17 am

No hiding for Bart it would seem!

Actually like the look of the away keepers kit.

Always been partial to an orange kit but that is a really orange orange :shock:

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:20 am

I think the home is okay, not overly keen on the white sleeves but I'm loving the inclusion of red in the kit.

The orange away is bloody beautiful.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed May 30, 2018 11:15 am

Kits are fine it's that f**king awful sponsors crest!!

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed May 30, 2018 12:23 pm

:( - sorry, there's no vomit emoji

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:56 pm

:lol: @ Waghorn...... good to see him having a proper laugh.

The home top is very good and if it was available sponsorless, I’d buy.

All orange tops, whatever team, are as Ricco says, vomit emoji worthy!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed May 30, 2018 2:49 pm

Couldn't get the link to work but believe read this on TWTD yesterday. First and foremost that Vegas Gambling crap (no pun intentional) spoils the entire design and orange as an away color appears questionable. Don't know how much these will retail for at the club store but guessing some families could be priced out such are the demands of children etc.

Just prepared to overlook the new design. What is achieved on the field is paramount. Too many changes at the club in recent time for some you could argue.

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:05 pm

I like the away kit, not so sure on the home. I didn't buy one last year but do fancy getting one of these. I usually go for the home kit but am tempted to break that trend this time round.

Im not a big fan of the Magical Vegas logo if im honest I think it makes the top look a bit tacky, there was an image going round twitter with the away top with Fisons on it, looked so much better!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed May 30, 2018 9:57 pm

Away shirt = awesome. But how often will the team really wear it I wonder?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:21 pm

Even in leisurewear there are differing opinions. :lol:

Away shirt = 1970s tablecloth.

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:28 pm

I actually like the away kit. The Vegas thing is an eyesore though, where did they come from as a sponsor?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:00 pm

Ohiotractorboy wrote:I actually like the away kit. The Vegas thing is an eyesore though, where did they come from as a sponsor?
I’m guessing Las Vegas.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Ohio, apparently their CEO let Mevans know that he’d give him 40 free spins, (instead of the regulation 20 for the commoners) in exchange for World Cup hospitality including 5 star hotels, front row seats for Ultra battles and of course, football match tickets. The friendship stemmed from there.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:38 pm

Seen both shorts at the Town shop and the home shirt is not to my liking ...the away shirt is ruined ( as is the home one), by the ridiculous sponsors logo, which is just essentially a massive blob of plastic right in the middle of the shirt . Ruins both shirts totally.

I’ve actually bought one of the new Retro shirts that they have on sale. I’ve gone for the classics Blue “ UEFA Cup final 1981” with the white V neck collar. It’s a really good quality shirt and far better than the polyester crap on sale each year. Btw these Retro shirts are flying off the shelves accordin* to the sales team ( when I asked how all the new shirts are selling).

I’ll see if I can get the link for the Rettro shirts for people to look at ........

https://mobile.twitter.com/ITFC_PlanetB ... 53/photo/4

Side swipe to see each shirt

Apparently the Green King shirt has been particularly popular with fans in their 30’s....clearly I’m from the slightly , (coughs), older age group and can recall the halcyon days under Sir Bobby Robson , so prefer the Blue 1981 shirt.

Domhide

Post by Domhide » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:49 pm

I agree that the logo looks hideous - like the cheap type that suddenly appear on a non league club's shirts when they get into the third round of the FA Cup - advertising some opportunist sponsor on a one shot deal.

My main concern is that we seem to be going against the trend by promoting gambling - i would love to see Town doing well again but not on the back of families being destroyed and torn apart by gambling addiction.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:57 pm

Valid point, realize gambling can be an addiction and all you do is hand over money to the fuckers who own the businesses and organizations (all told the players never win) and first instance I learned we would be associated with such an enterprise initial feeling was one of distaste. Granted (again) don't believe have heard of the new sponsorship group but that's not to say they're any different from any other associated firm out to f*ck people out of their money - or people too blind to realize they cannot - and will not - beat the system.

You look back at past deals the club has been involved in such as Fisons, Pioneer, the Energy Groups etc even Greene King : some names at least that have a strong association to the area, but what they're going ahead with now, possibly the worst idea for the club since sponsorship came to the fore some 35 years back.

May be some truth in people i.e other team fans putting down money on the idea that we could be one of the favorites for a relegation (before and after Hurst was appointed) and taking a chance at some substantial payout, but this would appear to be taking it too far.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:52 pm

The Championship is sponsored by Skybet ffs so everyone and anyone who goes or pays for sky etc promotes it whether you like it or not and while it isnt my preferred choice for our shirts, get over it !!! Moaned about Marcus Evans on the shirt, moaned Vegas on the shirt and no doubt moan about the next sponsor too !!!

Domhide

Post by Domhide » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:53 am

Yep I guess you are correct, we are one sleazy club these days and just like the poor punters we keep ‘backing the wrong horses’. I could buy my local team ( this years champions) with the money I have spent following Town all these years but although I gave up going to matches years ago (now on a pension) I am still committed to Town in spirit. At least I make my mind up; instead like so many who blindly believe in whatever sh*t is brought in and then moan only when they realize their earlier gullibility. Clubs long ago came to appreciate that all these gullible optimistic soles need to keep them interested is change. So, ok criticize me for being objective but blind elegance is not clever either. I would not moan if the local Drug Barron, Donald Trump or even Delia Smith sponsored the club as long as their main interest was promoting the Clubs ambition to get back in the Premier. I fear the recent sponsors you mention just use the club as a vehicle for respectability and to promote their own interests on the cheap. HOPE I AM WRONG.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:33 pm

Why do you feel we are a sleazy club these days ? Just interested to hear your reasons. For me there are a lot lot worse clubs out there who ooze sleaze, clubs spending way above what is permitted and flouting rules etc not to mention the way they go about their business with tapping up players/managers etc. So much sport is riddled with sponsorship from betting firms etc these days and as I said it isn't my preferred choice either but where are all these local based firms and their offers to sponsor their local club ? To be honest I really don't care who sponsors us, when that whistle blows and the game kicks off I am oblivious to what is written on the front of a shirt, that's why I go, to follow and support my team, nothing or nobody else.

As a side note people have to take responsibility for their own actions too, gambling is optional, you can't blame anybody else if it takes over you, it is the individuals own doing, I have little sympathy, I expect at some time or another we have all had a small flutter on something and there is nothing wrong with that at all but to then start putting your mortgage on Two flies sh*tting or something is just plain crazy.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Think you'll find when gambling takes a hold over an individuals life it's far from optional. Been there, done it, lost f**king - won't disclose how much but you can bet your as* it's been a substantial amount - and it's very hard to overcome even with professional support or guidance. Not to say it's any worse or better than liquor or premium drugs but it's a downward spiral for anyone who gets in too deep. You can argue (it's acceptable) in moderation or recreational puproses but doesn't that extend to a great many things that have adverse effect on a person's health or well-being.

Furthermore done with the shirt issue now. It's all about the team : f*ck what they put on it, bottom line we got a new manager and new ideas and take it from August.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:53 pm

saint jude wrote:lost f**king.

I never lose f**king. I always come first.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:02 pm

marko69 wrote:
saint jude wrote:lost f**king.

I never lose f**king. I always come first.
:D