Leeds sack Hegginbottom after just 4 months !

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Leeds sack Hegginbottom after just 4 months !

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Wouldn’t be surprised if they are after Mick McCarthy!

charlton837

Re: Leeds sack Hegginbottom after just 4 months !

Post by charlton837 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:01 pm

I think Mick could do a job there however if I were him I wouldn't touch it, if you don't get off to a good start your on your bike.

Even Warnock couldn't do it there and he's arguably a more successful championship manager than Mick.

That being said I could see Mick deciding to risk it as he has a connection to them, if he does he will need good luck as the "abuse" he suffered here is nothing compared to what he might get there

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:10 pm

They have to be the worst club on the planet

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Post by trimleyblue » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Bluemike wrote:They have to be the worst club on the planet
They're a close second to Dunfermline.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:27 pm

:D

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:50 pm

‘Leeds United’ and ‘Football Club’ - if there ever existed a total contradiction in a club’s name!

Their antics make ME look like a modern day Messiah!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:42 pm

TBH... I wouldn’t mind Mick to get the Leeds job.

That would add a bit of spice.

Fruitcake club and owners and a highly beligerant, stubborn Irish Yorkshireman... that could be interesting.

I think Mick though would be better of enjoying the summer and waiting for October when he has to repair someone else’s mistake.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Would love to see MM replace Farke in October!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:54 pm

:lol: No idea why that was a genuine laugh out loud! That would be great. :lol:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:20 pm

I did envisage in a soft-focus moment that Mick would come to PR in charge of another Championship team and get a genuine, heartfelt applause from the Town fans ... bygones be bygones moment and thanks for the first three years, etc. Mick wiping away tears and putting ghosts to rest.... but the idea of him taking over Norwich and the furore and the spice that would whip up, would be brilliant entertainment.

He can gladly tell our fans to f*ck-off from the first minute when we score.

verulam

Post by verulam » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:52 pm

For those of you who like statistics:
Since 1937 Town have had 16 managers (that includes Paul Hurst but excludes short term appointments such as Brian Klug)
In the same period Leeds have got through 45 (10 in the past 5 seasons)

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:56 pm

Imagine the interview:

MM enters the room, Delia’s busy whipping up a canary-en-croute special, with all the trimmings

“Eh oop lass, thanks for having t’balls to bring me and TC in’. “You’re in fuc*in good hands - despite what those retards down t’road might say”.

“Me terms are simple, a million quid a season, and all the prawn knicks-knacks you’ve got”

“We’ll start with me tried and tested formula - every point’s a shaggin’ prisoner, and i’ll have you in the PL - no worries, no timeframe, though”. “Well, luv, that’s enough from me - what have you got to say?”

Delia, by now flushed and a bit over-excited, raises her arms: “Oh come here Mick, let’s be fuckin’ ‘avin you.......”

Next day local media reports a huge spike in season ticket cancellations, and grown men seen crying outside Carrot Road. Beware what you wish for......

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:25 pm

herforder wrote:Imagine the interview:

MM enters the room, Delia’s busy whipping up a canary-en-croute special, with all the trimmings

“Eh oop lass, thanks for having t’balls to bring me and TC in’. “You’re in fuc*in good hands - despite what those retards down t’road might say”.

“Me terms are simple, a million quid a season, and all the prawn knicks-knacks you’ve got”

“We’ll start with me tried and tested formula - every point’s a shaggin’ prisoner, and i’ll have you in the PL - no worries, no timeframe, though”. “Well, luv, that’s enough from me - what have you got to say?”

Delia, by now flushed and a bit over-excited, raises her arms: “Oh come here Mick, let’s be fuckin’ ‘avin you.......”

Next day local media reports a huge spike in season ticket cancellations, and grown men seen crying outside Carrot Road. Beware what you wish for......
LMAO!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must be candidate for post of the year. Having to wipe tears here. Superb.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:30 am

The directors don't p*ss around there, shows some ruthless aggression.

Although four months if correct was a questionable decision, at least give the individual who was in place an opportunity. Still their club their business, just think to fire someone so soon after an appointment was ill-advised.

McCarthy is one of the leading candidates, he's no longer our concern, hell they can have him. Could be a range of ex-players for consideration such as Chapman, Wallace or McAllister but then again wouldn't have the necessary experience to undertake such a venture. That's not of course to rule them out completely, can only provide pointers, it's the owners who get to make the final inclusion.