Villa in the mire

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Villa in the mire

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:49 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/www.skysport ... nistration

Chasing the Premiership dream can have far reaching consequences if you fail. Personally I am glad we do it the way we do. We've been in Administration once, we don't want that hell again.

nicscreamer

Re: Villa in the mire

Post by nicscreamer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:06 pm

Bluemike wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/www.skysport ... nistration

Chasing the Premiership dream can have far reaching consequences if you fail. Personally I am glad we do it the way we do. We've been in Administration once, we don't want that hell again.

I totally agree. The dream is tough to achieve, and throwing money at it is not necessarily the answer. We are all guilty of slagging off ME for not investing enough, and god knows he could do more, but there is a fine line between sensible investments and foolish wastage

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:19 am

It really wouldn’t matter if Aston Villa were handed a winding up order. Doesn’t mean anything to such massive organisations........ ie, Rangers Football Club. They continue on getting up to all sorts of Shyte and getting away with it, ....., ie, New manager wages etc.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:15 am

https://www-telegraph-co-uk.cdn.ampproj ... 5m-bill%2F

Aston Villa i hope they fold. Bunch of f**king knobs.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:21 am

I think it would be very sad it AV disappeared from the scene. A grear club with great tradition which has been mis-managed over the years. Be it greed or whatever the reason I think it will be a loss if it ceases to exist.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:45 am

Just shows how insane the game is nowadays. If not for real bad luck, they’d have beaten Fulham couple of weeks ago and they’d be in the EPL...... and their financial woes would be next to non existent.

Really do not like Aston Villa at all, (Birmingham in general, not good) but lean towards Barmy on this...... wouldn’t like to see them fold.

But, as said further up......., if they did fold; the name “Aston Villa” is too big to disappear. Rangers FC were liquidated. They ceased to exist. They were put in the Scottish 3rd as “Sevco” or “The Rangers”......... but to everyone, it’s really just Rangers isn’t it? Well, to Sevco fans it is!

Villa would resurrect in League 2 and be called The Birmingham Villa or some sh*t like that...... but it’ll be Aston Villa.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Aren't they one of the founder members of the Football League ? The idea they could cease to exist seems so improbable you have trouble even saying it. Losing that one game in the play-off event just recent would hit the club harder than many could realize and the fans looking ahead to another season at Championship level : point being you always recognize them as a club from the elite, being situated in the second tier of the league just doesn't seem appropriate.

Say again the probability the club disappear from league status is too far-fetched. Whatever financial irregularities or trouble they've got themselves into should be invariably resolved. Maybe a points deduction effective from August or exclusion from the cup games but recall Tottenham were in a similar scenario some years back and they snuck out from it.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:25 pm

saint jude wrote:Aren't they one of the founder members of the Football League ? The idea they could cease to exist seems so improbable you have trouble even saying it. Losing that one game in the play-off event just recent would hit the club harder than many could realize and the fans looking ahead to another season at Championship level : point being you always recognize them as a club from the elite, being situated in the second tier of the league just doesn't seem appropriate.

Say again the probability the club disappear from league status is too far-fetched. Whatever financial irregularities or trouble they've got themselves into should be invariably resolved. Maybe a points deduction effective from August or exclusion from the cup games but recall Tottenham were in a similar scenario some years back and they snuck out from it.

just goes to show there is a god alive and well and working miracles in the Midlands

Question: .......You're trapped in a room with a Lion, Cobra and an Aston Villa Fan. You have a gun with just two bullets. What should you do?.,,,,,,,.Answer. Shoot the Villa Fan. Twice

Question.......: Why did God make Aston Villa supporters smelly?,...........Answer.So blind people could laugh at them too!