Swansea City - New Manager Graham Potter

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Swansea City - New Manager Graham Potter

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:08 am

I see Graham Potter has been named Swansea City's new manager on a three-year deal as they attempt to rebuild in the Championship following relegation.

He is one of the less known names who was mentioned as a possible prospect to fill the managerial vacancy at Portman road, but few of us had heard of him.

He joins from Swedish side Ostersunds FK, with the two clubs agreeing a compensation package.

His Assistant Manager Billy Reid and recruitment analyst Kyle Macaulay will also move to south Wales.

Potter guided Ostersund from the regional tiers in Sweden to the top-flight Allsvenskan with three promotions, winning the Swedish Cup along the way.

It will be really interesting to see how he fairs in the English Championship.

Tangfastic

Re: Swansea City - New Manager Graham Potter

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:24 am

It will be interesting.

His job at Ostersunds is quite a remarkable fairytale and good- feel story. Good luck to him, but I can’t help feel he’ll get found out in the Championship. Could be that Hurst does too, but I think that the English lower leagues are tough and good preparation for the Championship for Hurst. Whereas for Potter, this will be new territory compared to Sweden and I can’t see him getting a great deal of time to put things right at Swansea. Gut feeling - he’ll be out of a job by Christmas.

arana peligrosa

Re: Swansea City - New Manager Graham Potter

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Can't dispute the less known name issue. Don't believe even recognize the said name and sure he wasn't associated with the position here while McCarthy and Hurst were trading places.

Don't mind Swansea, made a name for themselves around the time we were runners-up in the old First division and brought in some names of caliber such as Rob Latchford. Arguably of lesser size than Cardiff but both Welsh teams have done the nation proud in recent time with EPL involvement, cup final wins and achievement etc.

How he does over there is subject to a number of factors including relevant experience, which by some accounts he doesn't possess i.e. having none to little within the British leagues. Wish him well in any event, if he can take Swansea back into the EPL within his allocated contract he will at least have justified the owners faith and expectations.