Paul Hurst first Town Interview

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Paul Hurst first Town Interview

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:29 pm

And as for the defensive midfielder, the clue is in the word midfielder - he's made over 200 appearances and how many times has he scored? Twice? that's a bad record for a defender - for a midfielder its absolutely woeful
Gary that is one area of Skusey's game that I agree with, his goal ratio is very poor and could be better, however it is on a par with our striker Freddie Sears LOL.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:36 am

I think the issue is McCarthys USE of Skuse. The player rarely got over the half way line cos his “ role” as dictated by the manager was very much the miller up and Sur in front of the back four. How could possibly ever score goals!!

Even when Douglas joined us - free scoring from midfield for Brentford. He too was suddenly used by d*ck ‘ed McCarthy as a defensive midfielder. Ffs that bloody manager hadn’t a clue how to attack . And didn’t we know it for 5 bloody years. He f*cked every players game up. Ask Sears !

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:25 am

hallamblue wrote:I think the issue is McCarthys USE of Skuse. The player rarely got over the half way line cos his “ role” as dictated by the manager was very much the miller up and Sur in front of the back four. How could possibly ever score goals!!

Even when Douglas joined us - free scoring from midfield for Brentford. He too was suddenly used by d*ck ‘ed McCarthy as a defensive midfielder. Ffs that bloody manager hadn’t a clue how to attack . And didn’t we know it for 5 bloody years. He f*cked every players game up. Ask Sears !
There may be something in this, but Skuse's goal ratio at Bristol City was very similar to what it is for us

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:41 am

I don’t really care how many goals Skuse has scored, I was more worried about how many other defensive midfielders he had around him.

I think it was the home game to Rotherham a couple of seasons ago when we needed to win to keep in touch with the play-offs and MM partnered Skuse with Douglas and Hyam. I think a lot of fans remember that game where we lost at home to a relegation-threatened team without seemingly going for the jugular. Absolutely nothing to lose at that stage that season, but it’s down as 7th place on MM’s CV ... so job done, I guess.

We should have a lot more attacking midfielders available next season so if Skuse is sitting deep and mopping up - then great. As long as we have the intent to attack and don’t flood the midfield with defensive midfielders. I actually thought Skuse played OK last season, probably due to not having Douglas beside him.

How the game has changed. We used to have a midfield of Thijssen, Wark and Muhren behind Gates, Brazil and Mariner. Wark was probably the most defensive-minded, yet scored for fun.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:28 pm

Spot on Tang.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Just look at the f**king moronic posts on TWTD after Paul Hurst had the cheek to say we will have no signings prior to pre season training starting, I actually f**king hate a large percentage of our so called fans, thick low intellect c***s.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Never forget that it could be Norwich a$$holes stirring the pot.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:31 pm

May be the odd one Marko but most are sadly of the Blue persuasion

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:03 am

Bluemike wrote:Just look at the f**king moronic posts on TWTD after Paul Hurst had the cheek to say we will have no signings prior to pre season training starting, I actually f**king hate a large percentage of our so called fans, thick low intellect c***s.

what did they say? I almost never even look on there. Its fairly obvious that its unlikely we would make quick signings. We only announced a manager a short while ago

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:51 am

charlton837 wrote:
Bluemike wrote:Just look at the f**king moronic posts on TWTD after Paul Hurst had the cheek to say we will have no signings prior to pre season training starting, I actually f**king hate a large percentage of our so called fans, thick low intellect c***s.

what did they say? I almost never even look on there. Its fairly obvious that its unlikely we would make quick signings. We only announced a manager a short while ago
There were some who jumped in and started slagging Hurst of for not signing players already... with the view that nothing’s changed. TBH... the vast majority of posters are backing Hurst and replying that those who made such comments are out of order. Christ... he’s got to have time to meet the players. You can’t just make decisions based on videos. It could be that he likes a player who’s he’s seen on tape, but when face to face realises he’s not got the right personality to work with. Some players also flourish with different management.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:59 am

I’d be taking it all witn a pinch of salt. Just morons seeking attention because their wives are perving over Love Island.
My mate on text: Is your Mrs watching Love island?
Me: She’s a university lecturer mate. She’s intelligent FFS!
Mate: jill is perving over the young dudes......

No doubt he’ll be off onto the Hibs forum to troll everyone....., “Lennon out!” :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:12 pm

Why the hell would Hurst sign players, when he hasn’t even had a chance to evaluate the players we’ve got?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:39 am

derick_ipsw wrote:I Hope Chris Doig & Chambers are not best mates who use to play together at Forest. We don't want a situation where Chambers gets picked every week when there maybe a better player in the squad, you know like we had with him and MM.
http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-tow ... -1-5568305.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:07 am

That's exactly how it should be, I wouldnt expect anything else

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:54 am

Doig on Chambo.

“ I’ve watched a few games and his passing is still as bad… so he’s not changed much there!”

Good to see he has been doing his research. :)

Obviously meant in a light-hearted, matey way ... but as both Hurst and Doig are comparatively young and hungry, I don’t expect them to give too much favouritism. They’re both eager to prove themselves, so I wouldn’t expect an overly-cosy dressing room.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:06 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Bluemike wrote:Thankfulky Mcgoldrick and Bru have already gone. I don't miss many games and those Two were obvious shirkers at times where effort and workrate was concerned, I cant say too many others spring to mind in that department, he may well be referring to training etc.

Has Mcgoldrick officially gone? Not seen it if he has.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44606798 Mcgoldrick finally leaves........... Hallam & BlueMike.
Last edited by derick_ipsw on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:38 am

Cleared that up then.....good.