Fixtures

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

Fixtures

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:54 am

Town at home Blackburn first game.

derick_ipsw

Re: Fixtures

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:57 am

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:25 pm

Nice to start with a home game as well as an early chance to redress the recent local derby balance! Only disappointment for me personally is that Leeds away has reverted back to an evening game again this season! A wednesday in October has ruled thay game out for me.

A question no doubt asked before, but always interesting to see which fixture(s) people look for first?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:39 pm

Only one I plan to miss is Hull away 15th Sept as its my son's wedding , worked out well.

Norwich away is what i look for first, this season closely followed by Swansea, Stoke and WBA all away as new grounds for me.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Might take in the Middlesbrough away game on the 29th December as will be on the way home from Scotland and haven’t been to the Riverside for a few years.
How come we always seem to play Norwich at home first now?

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:41 pm

Not that it really matters but has anybody else notice we tend to play Norwich at home first now? Been like this for years

Cannot remember last time we played them away first derby of the season. Like i say it doesn't really matter but just seems so odd

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:Not that it really matters but has anybody else notice we tend to play Norwich at home first now? Been like this for years

Cannot remember last time we played them away first derby of the season. Like i say it doesn't really matter but just seems so odd
Yep mentioned it in my post above.
As you say seems strange, just means having to go to Carrot Road in the cold weather!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 pm

The opening month is interesting as on the face of it it looks tricky, but then take into account Villa and all their problems and our obligatory win at Derby and you can flip it over to think it's a decent opening month !!

Blackburn (H)

Rotherham (A)

Villa (H)

Derby (A)

Sheff Wed (A)

Throw in a long haul to Exeter and that is a testing start which I am pleased about as I don't want to have the title won by the end of March as it is hard to keep the interest going.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Bluemike wrote:The opening month is interesting as on the face of it it looks tricky, but then take into account Villa and all their problems and our obligatory win at Derby and you can flip it over to think it's a decent opening month !!

Blackburn (H)

Rotherham (A)

Villa (H)

Derby (A)

Sheff Wed (A)

Throw in a long haul to Exeter and that is a testing start which I am pleased about as I don't want to have the title won by the end of March as it is hard to keep the interest going.
Mike
You're always so bloody negative.
Everybody knows we will have it sewed up by Christmas! :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:45 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Bluemike wrote:The opening month is interesting as on the face of it it looks tricky, but then take into account Villa and all their problems and our obligatory win at Derby and you can flip it over to think it's a decent opening month !!

Blackburn (H)

Rotherham (A)

Villa (H)

Derby (A)

Sheff Wed (A)

Mike
You're always so bloody negative.
Everybody knows we will have it sewed up by Christmas! :wink:
Silly me, I'm just erring on the side of caution !!

Marvinbay1973

Post by Marvinbay1973 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:58 pm

Blackburn (H)

Rotherham (A)

Villa (H)

Derby (A)

Sheff Wed (A)

Are you talking about the team, you or both :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:27 pm

Marvinbay1973 wrote:

Blackburn (H)

Rotherham (A)

Villa (H)

Derby (A)

Sheff Wed (A)

Are you talking about the team, you or both :D
Touche !!!! Both lol

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:33 pm

I hope to make it to Derby and Sheffield Wednesday away, maybe we could meet up Mike.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:06 pm

Charnwood wrote:I hope to make it to Derby and Sheffield Wednesday away, maybe we could meet up Mike.
Yes definitely Andy