Local Derbies moved

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Local Derbies moved

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:26 pm

https://www.facebook.com/10000699885093 ... 513961190/

Surprise surprise!!! Just don't get it.

derick_ipsw

Re: Local Derbies moved

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:37 am

Bluemike wrote:https://www.facebook.com/10000699885093 ... 513961190/

Surprise surprise!!! Just don't get it.
These games will be on sky again.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:57 am

Yes more than likely

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:36 pm

Can't remember the last time we saw victory over them (in defense it's been long enough) but perhaps then it was a regular time start. Point being midday game starts would seem to favor the opposition regardless of venue and it if were possible to arrange a later time it would be interesting to see what would occur.

Yes it's a high profile game, Norfolk and Suffolk constabularies would wish to minimize potential drinking times before time of play but these events usually pass without incident save one or two individuals from any given side taking it upon themselves to incite trouble or wrongful behavior.

Furthermore not everyone resides in the East Anglian vicinity, a later start time would allow those further afield to attend games and participate. Could be argued everyone dances to whatever tune the authorities put forward and as a result we seem to lose out near each and every time. Fucks sake I'd rather allow a few further hours start and participate in a Town victory than remain as it is, even if it meant an extra handful of individuals than usual got out of line or Police or stewards had that little extra work to undertake.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Town’s home game against Middlesbrough on Tuesday 2nd October will be shown live by Sky Sports (KO 7.45pm).

Although the Portman Road derby against Norwich has switched to Sunday 2nd September with a noon kick-off, the match is not on the list of live Sky Sports matches which have been announced this lunchtime and now appears unlikely to be screened, although that's yet to be confirmed.

Sky have already confirmed that they are showing the Celtic-Rangers derby which kicks-off at the same time as the East Anglian clash, which could rule it out. The last Town-Norwich game not to be broadcast live was the 5-1 home defeat in April 2011.
That is unusual but must say I am glad, sods law though as this will be where we stuff them and the country won't see it LOL.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:03 pm

Don’t tell me there were two 5-1 home defeats??? Because I definitely watched a 5-1 home defeat when Damien Delaney was utter sh*t in it? This was live here in Scotland.

Was the April 2011 game a different game?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:50 pm

No only the One, i must admit I thought it was live on Sky too.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:02 pm

English TV / satellite listings may need checked, but i can assure the people who wrote the quote about it -----> it was "live" in Scotland. I watched it, not highlights, but live. The reason I remember it so clear........, I had broken my thumb on the Friday, it was in a stooky and sore as fk, and on the Sunday, the wife took the stepsons out because they were doing my tits in. I sat in peace swearing at the TV & Delaney.