While we were down

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

While we were down

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:57 am

The scum have signed former Town player Jordan Rhodes who confessed he is still a Town fan. Well if you were you would not sign for the interbreeds. :shock:

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Re: While we were down

Post by loudnproud » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:09 am

I understand your comments Derick.and as a fellow town fan agree.....Jordens managerment team convinced him he was Premiership and tried very hard to get him into a prem club,theywere not convinced, The enemy up the road have offered him a good deal and another chance to prove himself. Im not too sure he has made the right footballing decision and may find it hard to adapt to their style of football. Will be interesting on Derby days if he plays to see how much effort he applies :wink:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:20 am

I’m not too fussed about this. Tom Adeyemi is a Norwich fan.... what’s the difference?

I feel that Rhodes peaked a few years ago and if he’s on 40k a week and Norwich have to pick up a fair wedge of that, then he could be an expensive flop. That seems to go against Norwich’s philosophy of cost-cutting. I wonder if Farke is getting a bit twitchy and under-pressure to deliver and this could be a “panic-buy”.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:39 am

Or he could be the next John “Fat b*stard” Robertson. Hibs fan but all time top scorer against Hibs, for the feckin Jambos.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:22 pm

I'm glad they've signed him, he's been sh*te for a long time now as those that saw him against us will testify, his best days are long gone and the style the scum play won't compliment his limitations, yes he may score a few but an expensive flop in my opinion.

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:26 pm

I should be happy about this, because he's awful now. However you just know that he's going to score against us and he will love it just as much as that other tw*tty celebration he did against us. Can't stand the guy.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:50 pm

JR has become quite the journeyman.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:10 am

A one trick pony who is a big lump. Money on him to score against us in the derby matches though.

Panic purchase by scum? You bet!

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:59 am

I wouldn’t want him back here but guaranteed to get 12+. Is that worth his high wage demands and going missing in/for games? I’m not sure.